More Bus Moves

sw4400

CTA is getting a bit smarter about overcrowded buses I see... right now #4152 and #4056 are working #56. They're only going to Washington/Canal, but still...

Yeah that was actually part of the decrowding plan. Idk how crowded #92 gets but artics have shown there as well

CTA is getting a bit smarter about overcrowded buses I see... right now #4152 and #4056 are working #56. They're only going to Washington/Canal, but still...

Since when do artics go all the way downtown on the #56? As far as the nf's they seem to be out of np. Is there a ballgame today?

Since when do artics go all the way downtown on the #56? As far as the nf's they seem to be out of np. Is there a ballgame today?

There was earlier, but wouldn't it prudent to use artics for #152 service during the times when the fans are arriving/leaving the ballpark(I know they are used or #154, but I've seen them on #152 before during arrival/departure times too)?

There was earlier, but wouldn't it prudent to use artics for #152 service during the times when the fans are arriving/leaving the ballpark(I know they are used or #154, but I've seen them on #152 before during arrival/departure times too)?

If it was a game day today as you mentioned, then you have your explanation. I've seen NF 1000s on the 152 myself on game days. And from what I've seen they don't get all that overcrowded as you'd think.

I saw a few New Flyer D40LF's on #152 and #80 earlier in the afternoon(might even still be floating on FG routes, but I don't see them on #78, #80 or #152)... I didn't get the numbers, however... are these just loaners BusHunter, or has FG gotten another temporary stock of them?

Did you say you saw #1000's on #80?

Well, seeing as how it passes RIGHT by North Park Garage...

Well I know that. But it's a forest glen route, but NP is taking a few runs on that route as part of the decrowding.... My question was were the artics that have shown up occasionally justified.... :P

As an occasional 147 rider, I know what you mean about the bowling-alley seating; it's not comfortable. Once that regular riders along 79th Street realize that the entire fleet of artics serving their route has such seating, they probably won't be happy --- especially after having been used to the 4300s.

Given they've contended with what Allison's 1900s 77th has for years before 77th even got artics again, I'd say they're used to bowling alley seats on some buses by now. The more important detail those particular riders have to contend with is that having come from North Park, they are now currently riding artics that are currently among the most overworked with some of the highest mileages.

How ironic! A bus on 152 with an ad for the White Sox!

Yeah there is some irony there, but don't tell me you believe the myth that all North and Northwest side residents are Cubs fans. There are some Sox fans in those parts too. They just don't always admit it. :lol:

Nopr. It was odd because I would normally see them. Each weekk the number of 43xxs would dwindle as the others increased. Bus 4207 was the only one I saw consistently

Well with them all at North Park apparently, you won't be seeing any 43xxs on 79th now.

Given they've contended with what Allison's 1900s 77th has for years before 77th even got artics again, I'd say they're used to bowling alley seats on some buses by now. The more important detail those particular riders have to contend with is that having come from North Park, they are now currently riding artics that are currently among the most overworked with some of the highest mileages.

Well, the 1930's at least still have regular seats in the back. These guys aren't used to the seats being all through out the bus (over heard from some riders complaining) lol. And mileage wise I think 103rd's artic fleet has more mileage as 6 and J14 are longer than NP's artic routes as well as longer service hours (6 runs till 1:30 am). NP just has more routes to run them on but the routes 103rd uses their artics on probably give more wear and tear. And on another note I wonder how 77th's gonna keep their artics charged seeing as 79th runs artics 24/7 and using nearly all its artics there in the peak (except days where 77th does shuttles).