More Bus Moves

sw4400

Actually, I didn't want to leak it, but FG is trading approximately 40 Nova LFS(6400's) in the next six weeks for a series to be named later from a garage to be named later... :rolleyes:

And where did you near that? If it's garage rumor like the last leak you said you had, I won't be putting too much weight on it yet.

The only difference from the old days is essentially that a T8H 5307A was basically the same bus no matter to whom GM sold it. Trivial things like paint and seats differed, but that was about it.

Now, even though there are standard procurement guidelines, most orders are still custom.

That's correct.

And where did you near that? If it's garage rumor like the last leak you said you had, I won't be putting too much weight on it yet.

It's a mood-lightener. You know how in sports like Baseball, teams trade players away sometimes for a player to be named later? Well this is similar in that sense...

It's a mood-lightener. You know how in sports like Baseball, teams trade players away sometimes for a player to be named later? Well this is similar in that sense...

Samardzija will be gone by then.

Guest ctafan630

Actually, I didn't want to leak it, but FG is trading approximately 40 Nova LFS(6400's) in the next six weeks for a series to be named later from a garage to be named later... :rolleyes:

Are you sure it wont be traded for cash and a future draft pick?

Guest ctafan630

Maybe somewhat like the Cubs pitching staff, some piece of equipment has to be on the route.

But like the Cubs, you only need to field 9 men and have a 25 man roster, so there would be spare equipment sitting in the dugout/bullpen.

But like the Cubs, you only need to field 9 men and have a 25 man roster, so there would be spare equipment sitting in the dugout/bullpen.

Apparently, most transit authorities have about a 15% spare fleet. Like the Cubs pitchers (after the top 3 starters) doesn't necessarily mean that it is serviceable.

Apparently, most transit authorities have about a 15% spare fleet. Like the Cubs pitchers (after the top 3 starters) doesn't necessarily mean that it is serviceable.

Basically, the Cubs seem to be stuck with 7500s, the White Sox are running 6400s and the 7900s are going to Milwaukee, Detroit and St Louis (though a few could get diverted to Cleveland).

Sounds like that sums up baseball in Chicago this season (not that the Pirates are doing that much better).

Basically, the Cubs seem to be stuck with 7500s, the White Sox are running 6400s and the 7900s are going to Milwaukee, Detroit and St Louis (though a few could get diverted to Cleveland).

Sounds like that sums up baseball in Chicago this season (not that the Pirates are doing that much better).

Cleveland is at the bottom of the division and has been beaten by the Sox 3 in a row, so Cleveland is apparently the Optimas. At least listeners here were saved 2 days of "Jason Kipnis who was born [sic] in Northbrook and went to Glenbrook North" from Farmio. Not saved from Gov. Invertebrate's third inning, including taking credit for Tank's home run, which might have made it out to his and Rahm's Red Line reconstruction. See, I finally got it back.

OK bringing us out of the baseball analogies and slip into regarding our elected officials with unflattering names, I boarded 6607 on the #9 Ashland and the Ventra reader has been repositioned to that found on the NFs with the help of what looks like a 4 or 5 inch long short beam to which the reader is attached. Maybe a clue that 74th's Novas will be around for a while and another garage will get 7900s before 74th. I admit I might be putting more weight on that observation than necessary, but why care about making it a little easier for riders to tap their cards on those particular Novas if they were going to head to the shredder in a fee short weeks as some 6400s still unknown undoubtedly are?

OK bringing us out of the baseball analogies and slip into regarding our elected officials with unflattering names, I boarded 6607 on the #9 Ashland and the Ventra reader has been repositioned to that found on the NFs with the help of what looks like a 4 or 5 inch long short beam to which the reader is attached. Maybe a clue that 74th's Novas will be around for a while and another garage will get 7900s before 74th. I admit I might be putting more weight on that observation than necessary, but why care about making it a little easier for riders to tap their cards on those particular Novas if they were going to head to the shredder in a fee short weeks as some 6400s still unknown undoubtedly are?

6607 is probably further away than 640x is, between higher number and not being abused at 77th first.

That might be done for another reason... sometimes riders stand up near the Ventra reader on a Nova for a period of time to get fares out or whatever and if their wallet is in a pocket or purse near that reader, it might pick up a card with the reader signal(like the one on the Chase Credit Cards and Ventra Cards) and deduct fares from them without knowledge of either the Operator or passenger(sometimes the buses are so noisy with traffic sounds and people in the bus that you don't hear the tones and beeps from the Ventra reader). I boarded #6498 this afternoon and it's reader was set up like #6607 is said to be. On another subject... #6498 is sloooooooooooow!!! It reminded me of a TMC during pickup from a stop.

That might be done for another reason... sometimes riders stand up near the Ventra reader on a Nova for a period of time to get fares out or whatever and if their wallet is in a pocket or purse near that reader, it might pick up a card with the reader signal(like the one on the Chase Credit Cards and Ventra Cards) and deduct fares from them without knowledge of either the Operator or passenger(sometimes the buses are so noisy with traffic sounds and people in the bus that you don't hear the tones and beeps from the Ventra reader). I boarded #6498 this afternoon and it's reader was set up like #6607 is said to be. On another subject... #6498 is sloooooooooooow!!! It reminded me of a TMC during pickup from a stop.

That still doesn't address that they probably wouldn't change the Ventra position if 6607 was going to be on the chopping soon with more 7900s around the corner.

That still doesn't address that they probably wouldn't change the Ventra position if 6607 was going to be on the chopping soon with more 7900s around the corner.

Nobody thought the Flxible 5300's would get Mr. CTA announcements, but they did.... never assume, jajuan... :P

• Upvote 3

So if he runs off the track, did he derail or deskate?

Probably fall on his a-- about 20 feet down on Ravenswood Ave. That is unless he fell on the UPN tracks and was run over by a train. But we would have heard about that on the news.