More Bus Moves

sw4400

Why is the #94 running all novas? Is the excessive turning too bothersome for a nf?

When C had it, it was running NFs, but apparently it became all Nova after 74th took over.

One, of course, could verify that sitting around for jury duty, as this is only slightly less boring than having The View on the TVs.

Why is the #94 running all novas? Is the excessive turning too bothersome for a nf?

That's been the case on the 94 for months now on weekdays especially since 74th took on more Novas during the period 77th was shedding Novas. They run either all Novas or almost all Novas except up to two or three Novas on this route on weekdays and just about all NFs on weekends. It's a similar situation on the 44, 48 and 75 on weekdays. I've reported this particular deployment pattern several times since February.

Could be just loans from Chicago Garage.

No, check the roster thread. They're listed as assigned as Forest Glen buses. Those two don't belong to Chicago according to BusHunter's roster. He has the cutoff of 6500s at Chicago Garage being 6557, so they're not loans.

#4053?, #4065, #4069?, #4078, #4100, #4105. #4110, #4137, #4170?, #4194, and a couple more idled in the back yard. I have a bad feeling about some of them.

You might be reading too much into that. They're probably there waiting for their turn at some needed heavy maintenance at the South Shops and nothing more.

You might be reading too much into that. They're probably there waiting for their turn at some needed heavy maintenance at the South Shops and nothing more.

That may be true but #4078 and #4137 has been out there for a while dating back this past Fall when I started going out the consistently.

That may be true but #4078 and #4137 has been out there for a while dating back this past Fall when I started going out the consistently.

Ok, that's 4078 and 4137. That doesn't mean there's anything going on with the others you saw outside of possibly waiting to get worked on in the South Shops. Think about it. The current rehab project of the 1000s might be coming into play considering that rehab project does have South Shops pretty busy I'd imagine.

Ok, that's 4078 and 4137. That doesn't mean there's anything going on with the others you saw outside of possibly waiting to get worked on in the South Shops. Think about it. The current rehab project of the 1000s might be coming into play considering that rehab project does have South Shops pretty busy I'd imagine.

I stand by your side about it. There are a couple of 4000s getting fixed up along with some Novas inside the garage on the Vincennes side. Also, it is indeed very busy with the 1000s and I got a chance to see some getting worked on while the garage doors were open (#1702, #1804, and a few more that aren't numbered).

Hmm! Normally the NP roster gets beefed up a little as summer approaches. Makes me wonder if some of the most decrepit 6400s aren't already history, even though the first 7900s haven't hit the street yet. So Chicago Ave. may have needed some relief --- assuming that 1414 is a reassignment, not a loaner.

74th Street just received a few NFs, probably overnight: 1109-1112 from 77th, and 1541-1544 from 103rd.

Hmm! Normally the NP roster gets beefed up a little as summer approaches. Makes me wonder if some of the most decrepit 6400s aren't already history, even though the first 7900s haven't hit the street yet. So Chicago Ave. may have needed some relief --- assuming that 1414 is a reassignment, not a loaner.

74th Street just received a few NFs, probably overnight: 1109-1112 from 77th, and 1541-1544 from 103rd.

That explains why I managed to get 1111 on the #9 this morning. I kept thinking "I could have sworn this bus was reassigned to 77th, but maybe I was mistaken." Turns out my inkling was correct and it returned to 74th. 1414 is probably another trade related to tomorrow's start of the summer pick. The north side's population density is too high for them to trade something out of NP without NP having gotten something back in return. So it probably either a like number of other NF 1000s or a like number of artics for what may have left out to go to Chicago.

You're probably right about 1414 being a summer pick-related reassignment. But over the past few weeks the roster of 40-footers at NP seems to have shrunken a little. 1417-19 were recently sent to Chicago Ave. without NP receiving anything in return from anywhere --- at least as far as I know. Maybe it's assumed that NP, with a relatively young fleet, can make do with a slimmer spare ratio than Chicago Ave. with its 84 Novas.