More Bus Moves

sw4400

This is getting way too mainstream. At least it brings memories when #2264 used to have those big decals.

Also, this is weird. BET??? :lol:

Jumbo text... so you can tell what car you're in from a distance... anyone want to BET that 6631 will be the last Nova 6400-Series to be retired? CTA is dropping hints here! :huh::lol:

• Upvote 2

I didn't even know that they invented something that can jam up cell phone signals.

The usual way it works is that it sends out a signal in competition with the gps so that the cell phone can't find the tower. Supposedly theaters were trying something like that.

But as the facebooker indicates, probably not legal.

Guest ctafan630

Anyone want a quiet car? Just get a Cell Phone Signal Jammer, like this rude jerk has nestled underneath his arms in a bag. Like the poster said, I'm pretty sure these are illegal for average joes to have.

Mr. Quiet on CTA

There was a restaurant in the loop that would have a device that would blare a horn if someone was talking on their cell phone. Could you imagine if someone had one of these devices on a train.

There was a restaurant in the loop that would have a device that would blare a horn if someone was talking on their cell phone. Could you imagine if someone had one of these devices on a train.

Doesn't that sort of defeat the purpose of a cell phone ban?

I've been seeing red and green dots also.

I remember last time we had the dots it was for Ventra. When I saw them recently at first I thought it was to signify a rehab,but even 1900's have them. I haven't seen another garage with the dots only 77th.

Funny clip as always. But wasn't rabbititis signaled by red and yellow spots though?

Different colors in Elmer Fudd's bedroom and then at the end (with the reference to the red and yellow spots).

That wasn't the whole cartoon, as I remember a portion where the rabbits were multiplying by coming out of an adding machine, like they were the tape. Also the coat on the tongue bit wasn't shown.

I also gave Safeway customer service a bit of grief over that when they were pushing some sort of healthy kids food with Looney Tunes characters and said look for the color of the spots on the box.

I was at a Chik-Fil-A (Vernon Hills) that had a mural of a Brown Line train (Kimball sign) with signs on the windows "Eat Mor Chikin." Getting even with Rahm?

There's a billboard on 290 (facing inbound drivers) by the Forest Park yard with two cows painting the same "Eat Mor Chikin." onto the otherwise blank billboard. Looks like they took it up a notch.

Wonderful, just wonderful service on the NB 22 this early evening;)

NOT!

About 7:30 PM, saw five NB 22s in Rogers Park in a five minute period.

Four artics & one 40 footer.

Followed five minutes later by another 40 footer.

Obviously the bizarre day/night double header at Wrigley screwed this up, but you'd think after decades of experience, someone in CTA management could figure out how to straighten this 80 times a year disaster out!

Wonderful, just wonderful service on the NB 22 this early evening;)

NOT!

About 7:30 PM, saw five NB 22s in Rogers Park in a five minute period.

Four artics & one 40 footer.

Followed five minutes later by another 40 footer.

Obviously the bizarre day/night double header at Wrigley screwed this up, but you'd think after decades of experience, someone in CTA management could figure out how to straighten this 80 times a year disaster out!

Well you have to think about for a minute. Rain, Summer Fest in Lincoln Park, traffic downtown, and the rerouting downtown because of the Dearborn Bridge being closed for construction on the riverside. You're not the only one though.

Red Line service had a slight delay recently because of a free-roaming, full-vaporous, full-torso apparition on a train. So who else can you call to take care of the problem? CPD? Nope... guns and tasers won't solve this problem... CFD? No, because water has no effect on them... There's only one group of people you can call....

Ghostbusters(on the Red Line!)

Red Line service had a slight delay recently because of a free-roaming, full-vaporous, full-torso apparition on a train. So who else can you call to take care of the problem? CPD? Nope... guns and tasers won't solve this problem... CFD? No, because water has no effect on them... There's only one group of people you can call....

Ghostbusters(on the Red Line!)

Harold Ramis is dead and Bill Murray is hanging out in South Carolina.

On the other hand, I'm sure you can find the Stay Puft Marshmallow Man somewhere in Chicago.