More Bus Moves

sw4400

Hmm! Normally the NP roster gets beefed up a little as summer approaches. Makes me wonder if some of the most decrepit 6400s aren't already history, even though the first 7900s haven't hit the street yet. So Chicago Ave. may have needed some relief --- assuming that 1414 is a reassignment, not a loaner.

74th Street just received a few NFs, probably overnight: 1109-1112 from 77th, and 1541-1544 from 103rd.

#1109 is still at 77th because it's operating #8 right now.

I saw the Dr. Pepper artic bus tonight around 8:15PM on the 22, running south through Rogers Park.

Difficult to read the number from back in a parking lot as it doesn't show up well with that dark wrap, but it was 4X60.

If I'm not mistaking, I think that was #4146.

Was it the 4000s or 4300s?

Pretty sure it was a 4000 as I don't remember the rounded front end of a 4300.

I just happen to glance out a window & saw a huge dark red thing pass by & then realized what it was, looked for a number on the side or rear end, but the first two numbers sort of blended in with the dark red.

Well there are some bus moves: #6426 is on #20 from 74th, #6558 is on #72 from Forest Glen, and #6559 is on #54B also from Forest Glen right now.

Update: #4109, #4125, #4129 and #4140 are on #12 (Really???)

Looks like not only did Chicago pick up some FG Novas, they picked up some 74th ones too. #6425 is on the #65

I saw the Dr. Pepper artic bus tonight around 8:15PM on the 22, running south through Rogers Park.

Difficult to read the number from back in a parking lot as it doesn't show up well with that dark wrap, but it was 4X60.

If it was a hybrid then it was either 4060 or 4160, both of which are still assigned to NP as far as I know.

Well there are some bus moves: #6426 is on #20 from 74th, #6558 is on #72 from Forest Glen, and #6559 is on #54B also from Forest Glen right now.

Update: #4109, #4125, #4129 and #4140 are on #12 (Really???)

Yeah after they finish their eastbound trip, those AM Chicago runs on the 12 operate only to Kedzie, deadhead up to Chicago Avenue and then become those AM rush EB short trips on the 66 that Kedzie garage used to do before the start of this year's spring pick. Andre first reported that setup and I was able to make visual observations confirming that.

If it was a hybrid then it was either 4060 or 4160, both of which are still assigned to NP as far as I know.

Yeah after they finish their eastbound trip, those AM Chicago runs on the 12 operate only to Kedzie, deadhead up to Chicago Avenue and then become those AM rush EB short trips on the 66 that Kedzie garage used to do before the start of this year's spring pick. Andre first reported that setup and I was able to make visual observations confirming that.

I saw 4060 on Devon Ave. Near Clark St. It had the Dr. Pepper Wrap on it.

You're probably right about 1414 being a summer pick-related reassignment. But over the past few weeks the roster of 40-footers at NP seems to have shrunken a little. 1417-19 were recently sent to Chicago Ave. without NP receiving anything in return from anywhere --- at least as far as I know. Maybe it's assumed that NP, with a relatively young fleet, can make do with a slimmer spare ratio than Chicago Ave. with its 84 Novas.

Between North Park getting the clean diesel artics and most of the artics Garmon reported seeing parked down at South Shops several days ago (for reasons not yet clearly known outside us speculating), its in-service artic count has also decreased. So you may have something about the North Park maybe now possibly being able to get by with a smaller spare ratio.

I saw 4060 on Devon Ave. Near Clark St. It had the Dr. Pepper Wrap on it.

Sounds like the mystery bus strictures may have seen since now that I think about it I don't remember 4160 having any type of wrap, at least not one like the Dr. Pepper wraps.

1540 has been getting around it's now at NP on the 155 Devon not sure if it's a move or assignment.

Well at least it does brings back memories when North Park had 1500s a few years ago. By the way, I just tracked #1543 on #97 right now. It's about to depart from Howard Station.

Update: #1542 had switched from #201 to #97 and #1543 has switched from #97 to #201 right now.

Well, we had the Green Ranger on the Green Line... why not have the Red Ranger on the Red Line as well...

They've Got A Power And Force That You've Never Seen Before

They've Got The Ability To Tap And To Board A Train Bound For Downtown

No One Will Ever Misbehave

Because These Heroes Will Throw You From The Train

Go Go CTA Rangers

Go Go CTA Rangers

Go Go CTA Rangers

You Tossing From The Train CTA Rangers

• Upvote 1

Well, we had the Green Ranger on the Green Line... why not have the Red Ranger on the Red Line as well...

They've Got A Power And Force That You've Never Seen Before

They've Got The Ability To Tap And To Board A Train Bound For Downtown

No One Will Ever Misbehave

Because These Heroes Will Throw You From The Train

Go Go CTA Rangers

Go Go CTA Rangers

Go Go CTA Rangers

You Tossing From The Train CTA Rangers

Very fitting, but I've never seen the show. :P