More Bus Moves

sw4400

Wonderful, just wonderful service on the NB 22 this early evening;)

NOT!

About 7:30 PM, saw five NB 22s in Rogers Park in a five minute period.

Four artics & one 40 footer.

Followed five minutes later by another 40 footer.

Obviously the bizarre day/night double header at Wrigley screwed this up, but you'd think after decades of experience, someone in CTA management could figure out how to straighten this 80 times a year disaster out!

Well you have to think about for a minute. Rain, Summer Fest in Lincoln Park, traffic downtown, and the rerouting downtown because of the Dearborn Bridge being closed for construction on the riverside. You're not the only one though.

There is also the factor that the Chicago 2014 Gay Pride Parade was yesterday and CTA had a reroute in place and there was extra traffic on parts North Clark detoured off Broadway, Montrose, Irving Park and also possibly Addison and Clark because of it and the parade's newer procession route starting at Wilson going along Broadway, Halsted and I believe Diversey.

Oh yeah! This is really about to be interesting!

I really want to see what they have in store for that entrance. I wonder if there is a rendering of the completed work anywhere. My only complaint about the old station house area was that it got way too hot because of the skylights letting the sun in but not the heat out.

I was noticing they have also cut the roof out of UIC Halsted's platform canopy at the stairway entrance that's now closed. I was wondering why. They wouldn't be thinking about an elevator here too would they.

That would extremely be a blessing!

I really want to see what they have in store for that entrance. I wonder if there is a rendering of the completed work anywhere. My only complaint about the old station house area was that it got way too hot because of the skylights letting the sun in but not the heat out.

What's really getting me right now is all that damn space by the side of the station. Two more tracks can be placed there if that was the scenario.

That would extremely be a blessing!

What's really getting me right now is all that damn space by the side of the station. Two more tracks can be placed there if that was the scenario.

I'm sure students would like the elevator too.

Four tracks was the scenario back when the line was being constructed, but then more people shifted to cars, and the Chicago Aurora & Elgin (who would most likely use the tracks) gave their last rides and went out of business. That's the story I was given. The problem now would be the amount of time and money to convert the extra space to lanes for the Eisenhower or something else. Occasionally the CTA uses the space for work and construction (there is an un-electrified track by Racine), but the space is generally how you described it: space.

I'm sure students would like the elevator too.

Four tracks was the scenario back when the line was being constructed, but then more people shifted to cars, and the Chicago Aurora & Elgin (who would most likely use the tracks) gave their last rides and went out of business. That's the story I was given. The problem now would be the amount of time and money to convert the extra space to lanes for the Eisenhower or something else. Occasionally the CTA uses the space for work and construction (there is an un-electrified track by Racine), but the space is generally how you described it: space.

Since IDOT announced that it was rebuilding the whole corridor, including apparently the CTA line, anything is possible with that project.

However, note that the FAQs page indicates that increasing transit isn't going to do much.

So you want to hear a random CTA story? Yesterday I was on the Yellow line and there was was this young white girl with pink hair arguing with this big black man and I got on at Oakton/Skokie eastbound. By the time we hit Kostner, she got up and was all in his face arguing and I couldn't see, I was at the opposite end of the car, but she looked like she maced him in his seat. He got up he was a big guy about 6'2" 250 lbs and pushed her back and she fell flat on her @ss. So this white guy stands up like I'm going to be you're "knight in shining armor". The next thing I know the black man is carrying him down the aisle towards me and the girl began spraying her whole can of mace then, I saw it whiz about 2 feet from my head in his direction. I was standing at the doorway, cause I hate sitting next to people on longitudinal seats. Man that stuff sprays about 10 feet!! So the guy ends up slamming her and I guess the white guy into the motorcab, i figured this is my chance to escape this cause before I was trapped. So I ran down the car to the door to the next car and went through it. Who cares if we are doing 50, my health is at risk and I didn't want to breathe in the mace, thinking of E2 nightclub. This was around Crawford, by the time we got to Skokie Shops someone pressed the call button and the train stopped. It's supposed to do that? So the operator heads down there and comes back to take us to Howard with about 3 supervisors looking for the offenders. So then they she starts arguing at Howard station with CTA personnel after that I left, I had enough of that!! You know I thought maybe they were going to pull that train out of service cause it has pepper spray in it, and maybe they need to download the event recorder info but to my surprise it went back in service wb!! The cops were called and they came to the station, she said he hit her that was her story and I was thinking big black man, smaller white girl I hope they don't stereotype him, his face was all wet from mace or his eyes were watering I don't know. They really need to pull that recorder, cause I'm not even sure what happened and i was looking right at it. So then I left on the last loopbound Purple line.

• Upvote 1

...by the time we got to Skokie Shops someone pressed the call button and the train stopped. It's supposed to do that? So the operator heads down there and comes back to take us to Howard with about 3 supervisors looking for the offenders....The cops were called and they came to the station...

I'm not getting into factfinding here. However, the purpose of the call button is to alert the train operator, which apparently someone else figured out.

Since the incident happened in Skokie, I don't know what the supervisors were doing, but they should have called the Skokie police.

Route 29 from Navy Pier Terminal to 95th Red Line Station

1014 1114 4204 4199 4310 4181 1138 1115 4189 4191 4207 1548 4311 4319

Route 65 from Navy Pier Terminal to Grand & Nordica Terminal

1471 6572 6875 1307 6854 6767 1469 6742 6840 6722 6816

Route 66 from Navy Pier Terminal to Chicago & Austin Terminal

4141 1470 1457 4044 1459 4132 1430 4070 4120 4074 4148

That will sick if they don't because the novas at fg are pretty ragged and worn out

They are officially worn out when u hear the trans humming when u trying to slow it down like it's dead . I hope Cta try at least a tuneup to hold the novas til at least Christmas :(

Route 29 from Navy Pier Terminal to 95th Red Line Station

1014 1114 4204 4199 4310 4181 1138 1115 4189 4191 4207 1548 4311 4319

Route 65 from Navy Pier Terminal to Grand & Nordica Terminal

1471 6572 6875 1307 6854 6767 1469 6742 6840 6722 6816

Route 66 from Navy Pier Terminal to Chicago & Austin Terminal

4141 1470 1457 4044 1459 4132 1430 4070 4120 4074 4148

My guess is that some of those 29s were operated by 77th (4204,4199, 4181,4189, 4191, 4207)

My guess is that K helped out on 66 and FG helped out on 65.

My guess is that some of those 29s were operated by 77th (4204,4199, 4181,4189, 4191, 4207)

My guess is that K helped out on 66 and FG helped out on 65.

That's correct but I was really surprised that North Park helped #65 (#1307) and #66 (#4070, #4074, and #4148). 74th also helped #29 (#1114, #1115, #1138, and #1548).