More Bus Moves

sw4400

Man, that's a good question. It was ruled at Kedzie.

I was just asking because you had it as one of NP busses helping #66 and I then thought they moved it back. On a side note, another place to look for alot of artics helping out is by Museum Campus. Last night there had to of been at least 30-50 articts waiting to become 130 or 146, I saw only 2 number 12. There were supervisors just sending them as they filled up. I am sure there will be more tonight with events going on over there.

I was just asking because you had it as one of NP busses helping #66 and I then thought they moved it back. On a side note, another place to look for alot of artics helping out is by Museum Campus. Last night there had to of been at least 30-50 articts waiting to become 130 or 146, I saw only 2 number 12. There were supervisors just sending them as they filled up. I am sure there will be more tonight with events going on over there.

I had to think about it when you mentioned #4074 because I've totally forgot that it was at Kedzie. I didn't pay that much of attention with #130 and #146 last night on the tracker but I'll keep that in mind for this evening. I would've thought that #3 and #4 were to get help by other garages like 74th and 103rd especially #3 due to the fact that it's about a half mile west from Navy Pier (Fairbanks).

I forgot to post these yesterday:

1. What on Earth happened to rehabbed #1553 for it to be yellow taped????

2. A shot of the S pod or station @ 77th/South Shop for 77th buses i.e. change tires, check engines, inspections, etc. For some odd reason, behind Forman Mills somebody can sneak in from this small gap that my shot was taken at in the back especially the yard. I didn't cross boundaries while I was taking this shot and I highly recommend anybody, guests and members, not to be utterly stupid by entering any CTA property without their permission to do so. Violators are subject to prosecution and/or a fine if applicable.

3. All three fresh market Flxibles (6000s) are retired.

4. Video of #6639 being towed. Not sure where it was coming from though.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/3t9rc0q8a38ua67/2014-07-05%2018.57.08.mov

post-1364-0-75134000-1404629689_thumb.jp

post-1364-0-56392800-1404629792_thumb.jp

post-1364-0-72186600-1404629806_thumb.jp

2. A shot of the S pod or station @ 77th/South Shop for 77th buses i.e. change tires, check engines, inspections, etc. For some odd reason, behind Forman Mills somebody can sneak in from this small gap that my shot was taken at in the back especially the yard. I didn't cross boundaries while I was taking this shot and I highly recommend anybody, guests and members, not to be utterly stupid by entering any CTA property without their permission to do so. Violators are subject to prosecution and/or a fine if applicable.

4. Video of #6639 being towed. Not sure where it was coming from though.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/3t9rc0q8a38ua67/2014-07-05%2018.57.08.mov

Interesting video... towing 6639 with the engine running? I would hope that the transmission went out or it got stuck attempting to deploy/stow the wheelchair ramp or after kneeling, because I don't understand this use of a wrecker if the bus is running.

#1553 must be being held for evidence in some case. #1148 was there with the yellow tape around it after it had it's accident. There were pictures on Facebook but I can't seem to find those.

I was trying to figure out if something had to happen a couple of days ago with this bus because I haven't seen it at South Shop when I went past there this past Friday.

Interesting video... towing 6639 with the engine running? I would hope that the transmission went out or it got stuck attempting to deploy/stow the wheelchair ramp or after kneeling, because I don't understand this use of a wrecker if the bus is running.

Transmission issues may be reasonable but I highly doubt it had to do with the wheelchair ramp/kneeling. The opening of the engine somewhat give a clue.

What s bus #1? Is that part of the 7900 series?

It's most likely one of the run-of-the mill NFs out of 103rd. Every one in a while the Clever Device aboard an individual bus will develop a glitch that causes the number #1 to be displayed on BusTracker. It's happened before. (I guess it's a default setting).

I noticed that the Flxible on the far right has a different tag than the typical M-prefix tag. I can't make out what it is, though; I'm wondering of that's a standard commercial tag with an N-suffix.

What s bus #1? Is that part of the 7900 series?

It's a secret bus the CTA bought and randomly puts out for service.... :ph34r: we could tell you about it, but then we'd have to kill you(it's so hush-hush, even Forrest Claypool and Rahm Emanuel don't know about it)... :lol: . No, but joking aside, it's a random glitch like wordguy says sometimes occurs with the Bus Tracker program.

• Upvote 1

It's a secret bus the CTA bought and randomly puts out for service.... :ph34r: we could tell you about it, but then we'd have to kill you(it's so hush-hush, even Forrest Claypool and Rahm Emanuel don't know about it)... :lol: . No, but joking aside, it's a random glitch like wordguy says sometimes occurs with the Bus Tracker program.

I was about to ask, "WHAT? When did CTA switch to 1-digit bus numbers??" But Bus Tracker has its glitches here and there...

I was about to ask, "WHAT? When did CTA switch to 1-digit bus numbers??" But Bus Tracker has its glitches here and there...

It's the same with Ventra. I've had transactions on buses where it says...

CTA Bus Default

or in the past

Route 0 Deadhead

I noticed that the Flxible on the far right has a different tag than the typical M-prefix tag. I can't make out what it is, though; I'm wondering of that's a standard commercial tag with an N-suffix.

It has to be the M-prefix due to the fact that those are municipal license plates.

It's the same with Ventra. I've had transactions on buses where it says...

Route 0 Deadhead

The Ridership Report always had a legend that Route 0 was a bus that was not properly logged into the farebox. So, I suppose the same could be said of Ventra.

It's an N class truck plate. Not an M municipal plate. It probably got that plate when it was turned over to Fresh Moves

I don't think so, based on the picture above, with regard to the bus in the middle. M series plates with the first digit 0 were common when the 6000s were new.

Truck plates usually have the class letter after the number. See the Secretary of State guide. Thus, the bus on the right does have a truck plate.

So, each of you gets one.

• Upvote 1

#

So the #52A is rerouting to Western Orange line. WTH, the street is wide open!!

attachicon.gifkedzie 49th 7-8-14.png

attachicon.gifkedzie terminal orange line.png

From what Andre was saying when he first mentioned the 51, 52 and 52A were getting rerouted, that viaduct is apparently supposed to get worked on some time really soon or the street itself near the viaduct.

Hold on a sec. Well after a quick check of the website, CTA finally put alerts up for all three reroutes with start dates of June 30th, coinciding with when you noticed 52A finally starting to reroute to the Orange Line. The reason given is that there is some yet to be started construction (as evidenced by your photos) on Kedzie between the 48th Place terminal entrance and 49th Street lasting at least till the end of the year (the alerts say December 30th). Link for the 52A's alert below.

52A alert