More Bus Moves

sw4400

#4121 is on the #8, #6867's on the #79 and #4169 is too, #1035's on the #2, #6667's on the #29, #6851's on the #3 and #2029's on the #3. Anyone care to say wth is going on!!??

#6687's on the #77. #6416's on the #85. All right more #6400's at fg lol!!

Whoa #1709's and #1364 on the #77. Get out your cameras.

• Upvote 1

It's probably a glitch with bus tracker unless seen by true eye. It had 6400 back at 77th again and that bus hasn't been there for the longest. I'm on number 4 right now and that bus is 6756 on tracker but I'm on 1980. I also don't think all of those busses will be out in random order like that.

Update: 1980 is not getting any stop notifications.

Couple days ago, I spotted #4177 and another 417_ on the 6 a @ Stony Island/ 63rd. And yesterday evening I spotted #4303 on LSD Northbound passed 57th said "North Park Garage" while I was rollerblading on the LS Trail. Is NP getting some DE60LFRs?

Nah its still a few buses out of 103rd that shows the NP sign when deadheading for some strange reason that started back in the winter pick I guess the mechanics still haven't got to all of them fixed yet.

1324 is showing up as a southbound bus on the 85 at present. I'm guess that this one is an actual NF on loan to FG since it wasn't one of the see it listed among the other earlier thought to be NFs that turned out to actually be FG's own Novas because of Bustracker's (or more specifically the Clever Devices' in light of reports of some buses not having stop announcements) apparent system wide glitch. And apparently the glitch isn't completely fixed since 85 was showing no northbound buses and the 8 only one southbound bus a few minutes ago when I looked. However most buses do appear to be showing as themselves again, with the only out of place buses I'm seeing so far being 1324 on 85 and 1108 still on the 147 going northbound and just about set to exit LSD as I'm currently writing. I'm not sure about 2021 currently showing northbound on the 8 in light of the earlier report of 2029 seen out of place through Bustracker but determined to be 1958.

1324 is showing up as a southbound bus on the 85 at present. I'm guess that this one is an actual NF on loan to FG since it wasn't one of the see it listed among the other earlier thought to be NFs that turned out to actually be FG's own Novas because of Bustracker's (or more specifically the Clever Devices' in light of reports of some buses not having stop announcements) apparent system wide glitch. And apparently the glitch isn't completely fixed since 85 was showing no northbound buses and the 8 only one southbound bus a few minutes ago when I looked. However most buses do appear to be showing as themselves again, with the only out of place buses I'm seeing so far being 1324 on 85 and 1108 still on the 147 going northbound and just about set to exit LSD as I'm currently writing. I'm not sure about 2021 currently showing northbound on the 8 in light of the earlier report of 2029 seen out of place through Bustracker but determined to be 1958.

Bus Tracker must still be broken because it says: 6717 on #66 4343 on #87 and 1877 on #79 and #4389 on the 12. So I think 1324 is a "shadow" bus.

Bus Tracker must still be broken because it says: 6717 on #66 4343 on #87 and 1877 on #79 and #4389 on the 12. So I think 1324 is a "shadow" bus.

Oh OK. Like I said, the fact that the 85 showed zero northbound buses and the 8 had big enough gaps to have only one southbound buses appearing in the instant I glanced, was enough to tell me BusTracker still had glitches not yet fixed. All three NP buses you just listed, for example, were in service on NP routes today so I highly doubt that they would now be in service as loans to Kedzie and 77th. Plus I'm sure Garmon's report of 1902 on the 73 earlier was a glitch unless a physical sighting since Tracker now says that's currently a 22.

I'm sure Garmon's report of 1902 on the 73 earlier was a glitch unless a physical sighting since Tracker now says that's currently a 22.

Yeah that was a glitch in which I was like damn......I thought it was for real because of Chicago 1900s evens starts at #1904.

The 6000 Series Flxibles had fuel gauges on them but they never worked! The Flx I drive at the CFD, we take it to 77th for fuel once a month. We more or less guesstimate the fuel on it. Last month we took it down to SS, we pumped 110 gallons of diesel fuel in it! So for a bus it was nearly dry!!!

Why do you have to take to a CTA garage to fuel it?

Doesn't CFD use the same diesel for its trucks?

Why can't you use one of the city's gas stations, like the one on Schreiber in Rogers park?

Well #2023 Was Spotted Working The 6 Last Week On Tuesday So 103rd Might Have Some Chicago 2000's

Interesting to see an artic on #77 after 2a. I know the Blue Line runs 24 hours, but is it really that busy at this time to require a 60' bus?

*I didn't think I'd screen print it that small, but it's #4157.

Well #2023 Was Spotted Working The 6 Last Week On Tuesday So 103rd Might Have Some Chicago 2000's

Ummm I think both of you need to reread all the posts in this thread from yesterday. There was a major glitch on BusTracker that fouled up a lot of the bus IDs. 2029 also appeared to be on a 77th route for example, but that was determined to actually be 1958. So in reality there were no artics (or any other NF model for that matter in all likelihood) on any FG routes yesterday or and Chicago 2000s anywhere except a route assigned to Chicago.

Ummm I think both of you need to reread all the posts in this thread from yesterday. There was a major glitch on BusTracker that fouled up a lot of the bus IDs. 2029 also appeared to be on a 77th route for example, but that was determined to actually be 1958. So in reality there were no artics (or any other NF model for that matter in all likelihood) on any FG routes yesterday or and Chicago 2000s anywhere except a route assigned to Chicago.

Well #2023 Was At 103rd Street Because My Friend Was Driving It And Im Out Of Chicago Garage Where We Are Receiving Buses From 77th

Red Line riders rejoice.... justice is coming your way!!! :D

Everyday, for the past four (out of five) years, while heading to the office, I always see this dude on the Blue Line to Rosemont, only to catch the 221 and head BACK to Rosemont and on the Blue Line back south.

(if you don't believe me, catch the Blue Line with a 7:30 arrival at Rosemont. Never fails)

:blink:

Well #2023 Was At 103rd Street Because My Friend Was Driving It And Im Out Of Chicago Garage Where We Are Receiving Buses From 77th

I belatedly saw you mentioned this was on Tuesday. In that respect, 2023 was likely a loan since 103rd has been short both artics and 40 foot buses lately. 103rd has also had a few Novas from FG off and on earlier in the week and late the previous week. The only official trade involving 103rd was a few 4170s from 77th for a few of the lowest numbered 1000s previously at 103rd.