More Bus Moves

sw4400

4368 is on the 22 Clark this evening heading downtown. Based on BusHunter's rosters, this one should still be assigned to 77th for now.

I remember spotting 4368 & 4369 over the weekend as well on the North Side. It look as if the most recent NP-77th swap was 10 for 10. 4178 & 4179 have been appearing on BusTracker working 79th Street since Monday. (4377 has been showing up on 79th Street as well in recent days, but last week it was operating out of NP. So I'm assuming that it had been sent back south for work at The Shops and then borrowed by 77th. I'm guessing that it'll migrate northward again this Friday night along with 77th's remaining 4360s).

So around 11:45pm, I was waiting for the Red Line @ Addison while it was raining like hell during my delivery shift. Moments later I spotted a spider just hanging off the top of the station minding it's on business before I boarded. About 5 minutes later after I got off on Fullerton, I was about to smoke a cigarette but all of a sudden, this little prick was hanging off my bike basket! I'm like, "You sneaky motherlova!!!" Just rode the train without me noticing!!! What a weird, drenched night for me!!! Lol

Today I saw a CTA bus where the driver thought it was a good idea to pass the traffic on the Eisenhower by driving on the shoulder. The bus got pretty far ahead of my car, but eventually the shoulder got too small for the bus, and the driver pulled back into the main lanes around Laramie. Eventually we passed the bus at Kostner. So much for saving time.

Today I saw a CTA bus where the driver thought it was a good idea to pass the traffic on the Eisenhower by driving on the shoulder. The bus got pretty far ahead of my car, but eventually the shoulder got too small for the bus, and the driver pulled back into the main lanes around Laramie. Eventually we passed the bus at Kostner. So much for saving time.

Someone should tell him he doesn't work for Pace, also that IDOT did not post any shoulder signs.

Also, I didn't think that CTA provided express bus service in competition with the L. Only conceivable reason would be if he was that eager to get back to the Kedzie garage.

So around 11:45pm, I was waiting for the Red Line @ Addison while it was raining like hell during my delivery shift. Moments later I spotted a spider just hanging off the top of the station minding it's on business before I boarded. About 5 minutes later after I got off on Fullerton, I was about to smoke a cigarette but all of a sudden, this little prick was hanging off my bike basket! I'm like, "You sneaky motherlova!!!" Just rode the train without me noticing!!! What a weird, drenched night for me!!! Lol

Try cleaning and checking your bike for spiders, starting off ok and once your riding on a main street, a large orb spider(about the size of a quarter) dangling from a dragline on your right handlebar. That freaked me out something awful. I had to do an emergency pullover to deal with my unwanted passenger... :blink:

post-10-0-08338300-1400175309_thumb.jpg

Try cleaning and checking your bike for spiders, starting off ok and once your riding on a main street, a large orb spider(about the size of a quarter) dangling from a dragline on your right handlebar. That freaked me out something awful. I had to do an emergency pullover to deal with my unwanted passenger... :blink:

Lol now that's interesting. Call me crazy but I love spiders!

Well at least it was a spider. I'd prefer that than being whacked in the face by the countless pigeons around the CTA. A couple of friends have pigeon stories/photos because of the population...

Oh my god, if you go near the entrance on the Washington side @ Ogilvie Metra there are a hotel of pigeons just waiting to crap on somebody.

Oh my god, if you go near the entrance on the Washington side @ Ogilvie Metra there are a hotel of pigeons just waiting to crap on somebody.

When I was a kid walking through Grant Park all those decades ago, I was on that raised sidewalk section next to the IC ROW. All of a sudden, a huge flock of flying rats came towards me & I had to flatten myself on the ground to avoid them from hitting me.

I've had a couple instances of get their crap on my head, but each time there was a hat on top, so I just washed it in really hot water.

When I was a kid walking through Grant Park all those decades ago, I was on that raised sidewalk section next to the IC ROW. All of a sudden, a huge flock of flying rats came towards me & I had to flatten myself on the ground to avoid them from hitting me.

I've had a couple instances of get their crap on my head, but each time there was a hat on top, so I just washed it in really hot water.

I remember when I was 9, and I was riding my bike and out of nowhere, a pigeon crapped on my right arm. I have hated pigeons ever since that.

garmon, if you like spiders that much(I do, but not when they're on a dragline on your bike), then you should totally check out the Brown Line stops north of Belmont. Last year alone, at the Damen stop, there were dozens.... yes dozens of orb spiders, especially on the lighting and lighting infrastructure. There were rows of egg sacs(might've all hatched, I saw a good lot there around March still) and lines of orb spiders guarding them(one row of lights had over ten spiders!). I saw orb spiders with webs on the guardrails and even some near the handrails leading back to the station house/street level across from station house. Don't go now... it's too early, but check these stations out in the middle of summer... like July, so the little arachnids have time to grow and get nice and big. CTA Arachnophobia... coming to an "L" Station near you!!!!

• Upvote 2

Well at least it was a spider. I'd prefer that than being whacked in the face by the countless pigeons around the CTA. A couple of friends have pigeon stories/photos because of the population...

I can see we're a bit off topic, but MTRSP, two times in the past few years, I almost walked into orb spiders that made webs across my front door at night(a nice big spider smack right in the middle of the web).

Oh NO, not that place. I feel like I'm gonna get crapped on every time I go there. It hasn't happened, but I'm so paranoid. I know what you mean 110%.

I can see we're a bit off topic, but MTRSP, two times in the past few years, I almost walked into orb spiders that made webs across my front door at night(a nice big spider smack right in the middle of the web).

Oh boy...

This has me wondering if there are CTA bus stop signs low enough that you can accidentally walk into.

• Upvote 1

I saw a family of them last night near an ally by the bus stop on Clark/Diversey while I was at work.

Wow, not even any 4360s Art? According to BusHunter's roster tracking, that should be about what they still have down there as far as 4300s go.

Nopr. It was odd because I would normally see them. Each weekk the number of 43xxs would dwindle as the others increased. Bus 4207 was the only one I saw consistently

Somewhere in this thread there was a post referring to NP 41XXs being swapped for 77th 4300s [where XX is > 50].

I must have boarded one of them working #3 King Dr southbound Wednesday afternoon.

I was happy :D there was a needed artic on the route but those seats are awful. :(

As an occasional 147 rider, I know what you mean about the bowling-alley seating; it's not comfortable. Once that regular riders along 79th Street realize that the entire fleet of artics serving their route has such seating, they probably won't be happy --- especially after having been used to the 4300s.

I remember spotting 4368 & 4369 over the weekend as well on the North Side. It look as if the most recent NP-77th swap was 10 for 10. 4178 & 4179 have been appearing on BusTracker working 79th Street since Monday. (4377 has been showing up on 79th Street as well in recent days, but last week it was operating out of NP. So I'm assuming that it had been sent back south for work at The Shops and then borrowed by 77th. I'm guessing that it'll migrate northward again this Friday night along with 77th's remaining 4360s).

#4367 was on the #151 yesterday.

I saw a few New Flyer D40LF's on #152 and #80 earlier in the afternoon(might even still be floating on FG routes, but I don't see them on #78, #80 or #152)... I didn't get the numbers, however... are these just loaners BusHunter, or has FG gotten another temporary stock of them?