More Bus Moves

sw4400

#905 is @ South Shop! Damn!

Oh No!! That means #907 is the last one?!! :huh: Well those buses are kind of rare among fleets. Not many were sold to TA's That's one reason why the parts are hard to find. Googling the purchasers of ISE-Thundervolts yields kind of a small listing. They are like the Beta tapes versus VHS or HDDVD versus Bluray. Everyone went with the #800 version. That being said, it makes me wonder why would they scrap the #800's too as they should have plenty of parts. Maybe the maintenance is just not worth it as they are 7 years old. So then if the FTA service life is 12 years I guess they have 5 years at least at south shops.

Oh No!! That means #907 is the last one?!! :huh: Well those buses are kind of rare among fleets. Not many were sold to TA's That's one reason why the parts are hard to find. Googling the purchasers of ISE-Thundervolts yields kind of a small listing. They are like the Beta tapes versus VHS or HDDVD versus Bluray. Everyone went with the #800 version. That being said, it makes me wonder why would they scrap the #800's too as they should have plenty of parts. Maybe the maintenance is just not worth it as they are 7 years old. So then if the FTA service life is 12 years I guess they have 5 years at least at south shops.

Or let them rot like hell just like the 5900s are doing.....

At this point, the 1000s being a bit jumbled shouldn't be much of a surprise with the rehabs ongoing. There is also the 7900 factor in that 77th has to cast off something with a good number of 7900s delivered. As for seeing no Novas on Chicago Garage routes, that garage still has a small enough number of Novas and a light enough weekend workload to park its Novas during the weekend hours in spite of Chicago having gained Novas earlier in the year from the 77th 6400 purge.

• Upvote 2

I wouldn't be surprised if these are loans then permant. . 1248 is on #3, 1293 is on #3, 1347 is on number 79. These look too out of order to be permant at the moment unless there is more to come. I may be wrong.

Well 77th did send out 1100s and 1300s to 74th in recent weeks somewhat randomly.

If you notice they all all unrehabbed buses coming to Chicago. So looks like 77th is getting rid of it's less maintained equipment again.

Unrehabbed doesn't mean unmaintained.

That is for Chicago Marathon additional capacity.

You'd think though they wouldn't send that out on the 3 until tomorrow since that's when the marathon is going to occur. Where's the extra capacity needed today on that route when there's no marathon?

Well 77th did send out 1100s and 1300s to 74th in recent weeks somewhat randomly.

Unrehabbed doesn't mean unmaintained.

You'd think though they wouldn't send that out on the 3 until tomorrow since that's when the marathon is going to occur. Where's the extra capacity needed today on that route when there's no marathon?

The expo at McCormick place today had 103rd supplement service from Michigan/Chicago to McCormick Place although a couple did go to 95th and deadhead in, 103rd helps out every year with this weekend.

A quick scene from the hit drama, Chicago P.D.! Damn, I love this show.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/0b8m3dgjrz96t9z/Chicago P.D. Police Chase on CTA Property.wmv?dl=0

Do you know when that was filmed? That might have been the stuff I saw going on in the Roosevelt tunnel. I laughed at the massive loco horn they dubbed over that 2400.
  • Upvote 1

Do you know when that was filmed? That might have been the stuff I saw going on in the Roosevelt tunnel. I laughed at the massive loco horn they dubbed over that 2400.

I'm guessing between Cullerton Street and 23rd. That was Chicago Fire filming @ 13th Street Portal. I was very disappointed that they did that pathetic horn on #2473. They could've kept it like it is with the digital warning siren.

Oh that's f'ing nice! :P:lol:

So what the hell that's a transfer? The average age of Chicago garage buses has been slowly creeping up lately. It's going to be interesting about 6 months from now, who is going to get 77th's #1900's. Do i dare say FG? As 77th get rid of it's older buses, one would have to think that those will be the last to go and if 74th and Chicago is all NF by then well... Or they could always go back to NP.

This one (link on home page) raises the questions:

• As others have pointed out, it isn't necessarily safe to drive a bus out of Forest Glen (attack on Austin).
  • Whether the driver got out of the bus to confront the demure rock thrower.

Wow what a crazy world!! I can see why they need these tank sneeze guards. They actually need an operators cab like the motorman but that would probably restrict there side view as they need to see the mirrors.