More Bus Moves

sw4400

1952 is on #57 right now.

Hmm... Maybe someone was listening when I said the #1900's would stick around 77th. If they are out to give unrehabbed buses away from 77th if they didn't transfer #1900's that doesn't leave too much to transfer that's unrehabbed. But that still don't make sense with the #1997 trade.

Hmm... Maybe someone was listening when I said the #1900's would stick around 77th. If they are out to give unrehabbed buses away from 77th if they didn't transfer #1900's that doesn't leave too much to transfer that's unrehabbed. But that still don't make sense with the #1997 trade.

That one might of been a fill in from 77th. I only say that because I would think 77th would give back 1980's and 90's before giving other 1900's back. Chicago for some odd reason may be short on busses.

Interesting fact: A lot of the WWE Wrestlers' names are stage names(one of the exceptions being Vince McMahon and his family)

-Triple-H: Paul Levesque

-Stone Cold Steve Austin: Steve Williams

-The Rock: Dwayne Johnson

-Lita: Amy Dumas

With the exception of Triple-H, all these other wrestlers are retired(The Rock is partially retired, unsure about Stone Cold). But this makes the point that C.M Punk and A.J Lee are just surnames.

CM Punk: Phillip Jack Brooks and AJ Lee: April Jeanette Mendez

Wait, what is the number by the barcodes then(e.g 6872 on 6872 and 3454 on 3454). Isn't that the asset number?

According to the 7000s spec, the bar code is the fleet number.

What I'm talking about is that there is usually a plaque in the vestibule of a Metra car saying "Car Number 8534/Asset 8534."

According to the 7000s spec, the bar code is the fleet number.

What I'm talking about is that there is usually a plaque in the vestibule of a Metra car saying "Car Number 8534/Asset 8534."

Based on that clarification, I think Andre indeed might be speaking of something different in that he said the sticker has "Chicago Transit Authority" with a number underneath while the barcodes on the buses and rail cars simply show that vehicle's fleet number and a barcode underneath.

Based on that clarification, I think Andre indeed might be speaking of something different in that he said the sticker has "Chicago Transit Authority" with a number underneath while the barcodes on the buses and rail cars simply show that vehicle's fleet number and a barcode underneath.

I'm familiar with what Andre is talking about, in that in the usual office the computer, dictating machine (if such still exists), etc. has a tag saying ".... Company, Asset 11030321."

The question essentially is whether bus 7903 has an asset tag saying "CTA Asset No, 2249291" or the asset number is "7903." From what he said about the TI buses, more likely the former.

That's what I was thinking too, because the barcode numbers are just the barcode and number, it doesn't say "Chicago Transit Authority" on there. Whatever Andre is mentioning, I'm not sure of.

Maybe you should read my preceding post.

For instance, does Jewel have little stickers on their flat screens connected to the cash register with an asset number?

We do. They have a SuperValu sticker number. But what I was getting at here is I never actually seen the asset number Andre and you are mentioning. The only numbers I seen are the ones below the barcodes with the bus/car number. Where are these located on the bus/car?

On that barcode note, I presume those barcode numbers are used by mechanics when the bus is being serviced and maybe when a transfer is done so the bus number is entered into the fleet inventory(e.g: North Park recently got 1997 and 1998, so I guess when they pulled in, they were parked in the garage and the garage crew used a scanner to input the bus number into the fleet inventory of North Park.

We do. They have a SuperValu sticker number. But what I was getting at here is I never actually seen the asset number Andre and you are mentioning. The only numbers I seen are the ones below the barcodes with the bus/car number. Where are these located on the bus/car?

On that barcode note, I presume those barcode numbers are used by mechanics when the bus is being serviced and maybe when a transfer is done so the bus number is entered into the fleet inventory(e.g: North Park recently got 1997 and 1998, so I guess when they pulled in, they were parked in the garage and the garage crew used a scanner to input the bus number into the fleet inventory of North Park.

The barcode you appear to be talking about is not the "asset number" Andre is referring to; from what you might describing, that's the barcode for CTA bus/rail fleet maintenance purposes. The "asset number" appears to be used internally only and is not necessarily available for public knowledge.

Well then Chicago may be getting some #1900's after all. On another observation I haven't really seen #907 since the #905 retirement/storage. In fact not too many #800's are out either, only saw about 3 this morning. Also 74th is really segregating the #6600's this morning. #75, #94, #48, #62 is practically all #6600's.

So what constitutes battery here? I tell you these Red lines are so packed I can't see how people avoid rubbing up against each other. Someone needs to take a few lawyers down there and see what I'm talking about. Unless the guy is groping someone I really can't see how someone could prove that it was intentional.

So what constitutes battery here? I tell you these Red lines are so packed I can't see how people avoid rubbing up against each other. Someone needs to take a few lawyers down there and see what I'm talking about. Unless the guy is groping someone I really can't see how someone could prove that it was intentional.

Definition is

720 ILCS 5/12-3

(a) A person commits battery if he or she knowingly without legal justification by any means (1) causes bodily harm to an individual or (2) makes physical contact of an insulting or provoking nature with an individual.

Apparently enough was described in the article to qualify as (2).

The definition above does not require intentional, just knowingly, and the guy admitted to knowing what he was doing. Personally, I would find very little in an L car that would make me turgid.

In Illinois (and other Model Penal* Code states), it doesn't become sexual assault unless something gets penetrated (720 ILCS 5/11-1.20). However, he wasn't charged with that, but with aggravated sexual abuse (720 ILCS 5/11-1.60; same link) apparently because he was humping a 64-year-old woman.

*Bart Simpson had some fun with that last night.

Yeah but if he was being rubbed the wrong way. What does a person expect is going to happen. He is a man she is a woman. He wasn't actually throttling her then that's different. No camera is going to show what she alledges. So if I ride the red line someone says they didn't like how they were being touched then they could press battery charges on anybody even if it's their word against yours. Wow. So much for being free. I think some of this is overblown.

Yeah but if he was being rubbed the wrong way. What does a person expect is going to happen. He is a man she is a woman. He wasn't actually throttling her then that's different. No camera is going to show what she alledges. So if I ride the red line someone says they didn't like how they were being touched then they could press battery charges on anybody even if it's their word against yours. Wow. So much for being free. I think some of this is overblown.

As I indicated in my turgid remark, if you are riding the Red Line like that....

The camera point is not so much showing him in the act, but that he is another real dumb offender who can't figure out that he can be identified by the camera. Also, having a common modus operandi on three victims, plus having been identified by cameras in all instances is certainly enough to charge him.

Also, it becomes battery essentially when someone tells you to back off and you don't.

• Upvote 1