More Bus Moves

sw4400

This one (link on home page) raises the questions:

• As others have pointed out, it isn't necessarily safe to drive a bus out of Forest Glen (attack on Austin).
  • Whether the driver got out of the bus to confront the demure rock thrower.
I'm about to keep it real and simple by saying that on behalf of our African-Americans, we have to do better. I'm really tired of this savaged bs man. It's just sad and it really pisses me the F off! Take it how anybody wants but we are one of the main reasons why cta have those barriers and so-called sneeze guards.....

I'm about to keep it real and simple by saying that on behalf of our African-Americans, we have to do better. I'm really tired of this savaged bs man. It's just sad and it really pisses me the F off! Take it how anybody wants but we are one of the main reasons why cta have those barriers and so-called sneeze guards.....

I'll leave out race and just provide this anecdote. One time I was on the wrong side of the street when a bus went by and I yelled "o sh--." The bus stopped, but I don't know if the driver heard me. In any event, I didn't think of throwing a rock at the bus or tazeing the driver.

I'll leave out race and just provide this anecdote. One time I was on the wrong side of the street when a bus went by and I yelled "o sh--." The bus stopped, but I don't know if the driver heard me. In any event, I didn't think of throwing a rock at the bus or tazeing the driver.

That happens to me a lot when I'm waiting on Pace buses, especially in Joliet.

As a fellow African American I'll say let's not jump to self profile Garmon. North Park operators for instance, are likely glad with having shields when it comes to driving through Boystown, Wrigleyville or any other north side area that has a lot of bars. I can say from experience how problem riders of all stripes board buses after a night of partying and excessive alcohol. It's especially true on weekends. As noted, regardless of the race the first thought that comes to mind for most of us out there after a bus passes our stop isn't to attack the operator.

• Upvote 2

So what the hell that's a transfer? The average age of Chicago garage buses has been slowly creeping up lately. It's going to be interesting about 6 months from now, who is going to get 77th's #1900's. Do i dare say FG? As 77th get rid of it's older buses, one would have to think that those will be the last to go and if 74th and Chicago is all NF by then well... Or they could always go back to NP.

Let's get serious about this for a moment by saying that FOREST GLEN HAS TO GET BACK SOME NF'S BY ALL MEANS!!! THAT MAKES NO F'ING SENSE FOR THEM TO STICK WITH ALL NOVAS WHILE AT THE SAME TIME SOME OF THEM ARE OUT OF SERVICE FOR NUMEROUS UNDISCLOSED REASONS!!! What makes sense on behalf of 77th NF's is getting rid of their 1100s, 1200s, and giving 103rd back their 1400s (what f'ing sense does that really make getting them in the first place?). Oh by the way, #1922 is on #49. :lol:

As a fellow African American I'll say let's not jump to self profile Garmon. North Park operators for instance, are likely glad with having shields when it comes to driving through Boystown, Wrigleyville or any other north side area that has a lot of bars. I can say from experience how problem riders of all stripes board buses after a night of partying and excessive alcohol. It's especially true on weekends. As noted, regardless of the race the first thought that comes to mind for most of us out there after a bus passes our stop isn't to attack the operator.

Fair enough (I gave you an upvote :lol:). I'm just saying though but it ain't like people be on the news for trashing up buses by party animals and drunkies!!! :lol: On a serious note, it's us being on the news with all that bs going on consistenly. I'm not trying to be racially biased but at the same time, it f'ing sucks!

Fair enough (I gave you an upvote :lol:). I'm just saying though but it ain't like people be on the news for trashing up buses by party animals and drunkies!!! :lol: On a serious note, it's us being on the news with all that bs going on consistenly. I'm not trying to be racially biased but at the same time, it f'ing sucks!

That may be. But don't compound the media's flawed reporting by letting yourself fall into thinking it's mostly just black people out doing stupid things. Just because the news media isn't talking about it elsewhere doesn't mean there aren't stupid people among more than just black or other minority communities. CTA got those guards on its buses because there are stupid people riding the bus period, not just stupid black people. :)^_^

The expo at McCormick place today had 103rd supplement service from Michigan/Chicago to McCormick Place although a couple did go to 95th and deadhead in, 103rd helps out every year with this weekend.

Ok that makes sense.

#1997 is on the #36.

Oh sure. Got rid of half the artics with longitudinal seating and now got a 40 footer or two with that whack seating. :lol: I rode 1862 on the 22 last night so I'm guessing that 1864 on the 49 was a run from NP and not 74th.

• Upvote 2

Let's get serious about this for a moment by saying that FOREST GLEN HAS TO GET BACK SOME NF'S BY ALL MEANS!!! THAT MAKES NO F'ING SENSE FOR THEM TO STICK WITH ALL NOVAS WHILE AT THE SAME TIME SOME OF THEM ARE OUT OF SERVICE FOR NUMEROUS UNDISCLOSED REASONS!!! What makes sense on behalf of 77th NF's is getting rid of their 1100s, 1200s, and giving 103rd back their 1400s (what f'ing sense does that really make getting them in the first place?). Oh by the way, #1922 is on #49. :lol:

I don't know, they totally lost me when they started giving #1997 and #1998 to NP. All I can think is they told them to give up 5 rehabbed buses and those got picked. Some of what they are doing makes a little sense. 74th getting all those unrehabbed #1330's and Chicago now getting a collection of it's own unrehabbed buses can be perceived as both those garages have a low count of unrehabbed buses, compared to places like Kedzie or 77th that has a high count of unrehabbed buses. They just seem to be balancing the rehabs versus the unrehabbed buses.

Like you say, I really don't get FG being left out in the cold like this with it's continued #6400 parade of buses. I am noticing the first batch of #6490's to #6520 is starting to look not too bad. Most of the seats have been fixed with new inserts, the buses look alot better. I guess they just need to get a grip on all this deferred maintenance. But is it a waste to repair buses that should be retiring soon? Only CTA can answer that. I probably would have just retired those and put all my resources in the #6700's and #6800's as they can realistically be around for up to 1-2 more years. But what can I say. Is it realistic that FG is going to have to wait for 74th and Chicago to become all NF before it gets one bus newer than 2002? I don't know Rahm's administration had newer buses at FG when he was elected (optimas 2006) even though they were junk. Why would you vote for him again if your a NW sider and ride the CTA. All your being shown is a third world system. As this charade continues on the white elephant in the room is getting more noticeable. How far can this go before something changes. The longer it goes on the more it looks like they are being singled out for old equipment. If you don't like what you see then voice your opinion on election day as that's the only real way to change things.

• Upvote 2

That may be. But don't compound the media's flawed reporting by letting yourself fall into thinking it's mostly just black people out doing stupid things. Just because the news media isn't talking about it elsewhere doesn't mean there aren't stupid people among more than just black or other minority communities. CTA got those guards on its buses because there are stupid people riding the bus period, not just stupid black people. :)^_^

Yeah, I can't disagree about that. The question is, how effective the sneeze guards are going to be? So far, I haven't heard anything when it comes to disorderly people on the 7900s (it should've started in the 8000s dammit! :lol:).

Saw about five buses like this today, it must be the wind, it's really howling at Michigan/Lake. I don't know what happened to the font on #6445 on the #65 but it was all screwed up. The whole destination was displayed on the left hand part of the sign. #6428 on the #19 was like that too. Maybe a programming glitch.

It's called aging buses mate! It's fairly common when buses gets that old. Hell, some of Pace's Orion VI's are dealing with the same scenario. About the cover, if wind is that much of a factor then they might want to insert latches if the NF's doesn't have them equipped.

The hell with the mayor. My concern is that is cta wasting f'ing money by keeping the rest of these Novas day by day? As far as these NF's moves, I don't think the rehab is playing the entire factor. It's the simple fact that 77th can't have every f'ing thing they want with the NF's. They don't have a choice but to move at least half of them somewhere else. Otherwise, overcapacity is initiated.

Well, as an old white guy, it's really fascinating to watch some drivers come up to a stop & either stop way short of where the sign & most people are or overshoot it, because there's a really good looking African-American woman standing there.

A few months ago, I was on a 22 where the driver changed the angle of his inside mirror to watch the legs of a young woman wearing a micro-mini, who was sitting on the last sideways seat on the right side of a NF. He got really pissed when an old lady got on with a big shopping bag sat next to her & blocked his view. I was just one seat farther back & she did have great legs, but he's supposed to drive the bus, not gawk at the passengers in the mirror.

..Why would you vote for him again if your a NW sider and ride the CTA. All your being shown is a third world system....

The only opposition is Fioretti, and I don't think he has taken a stance on any transit issue, or any issue other than do something unconstitutional. If someone wants to vote based on transit, ask Pewar if he has any ideas for a candidate, since he and sw have a more trenchant cause.

Rahm doesn't seem to have any problem dumping on his neighbors on the north side. Maybe he still thinks he needs south side votes (having made good on the Red Line South), but with Lewis withdrawing, probably no longer. Also, the issue seems more crime and schools.

Anyway, while Rahm is autocratic, I don't think it is micromanaging to the extent of what buses go where; some lackey apparently at 77th does.

The hell with the mayor. My concern is that is cta wasting f'ing money by keeping the rest of these Novas day by day? As far as these NF's moves, I don't think the rehab is playing the entire factor. It's the simple fact that 77th can't have every f'ing thing they want with the NF's. They don't have a choice but to move at least half of them somewhere else. Otherwise, overcapacity is initiated.

Again, I'm sure it is not the mayor, but getting rid of maintenance expenses was supposedly the whole point.

He meant if it had one like all the other current CTA bus models do.

I meant what I said. Aside from whether that particular bus had a guard, it wasn't clear that the rider had brought the rock and taser into the bus, and, if not a guard would have been irrelevant.

Well, as an old white guy, it's really fascinating to watch some drivers come up to a stop & either stop way short of where the sign & most people are or overshoot it, because there's a really good looking African-American woman standing there.

A few months ago, I was on a 22 where the driver changed the angle of his inside mirror to watch the legs of a young woman wearing a micro-mini, who was sitting on the last sideways seat on the right side of a NF. He got really pissed when an old lady got on with a big shopping bag sat next to her & blocked his view. I was just one seat farther back & she did have great legs, but he's supposed to drive the bus, not gawk at the passengers in the mirror.

And he got away with that??? :huh:

And he got away with that??? :huh:

Essentially the issues are whether someone got hurt at the bus stop or the driver wasn't looking at traffic and got into an accident. While buses have cameras, I doubt that they have eye detection technology to see where the eyes are gazing. Maybe this can be put on Claypool's list of things to set up as cause for firing.

Other than that, I don't see anything wrong in just looking. Sexual assault requires some sort of physical contact (at least in Illinois).

Ok. Here goes my rant concerning previous posts by Garmon, Jajuan and Strictures.

I, as an Arican-American, totaly agree with Garmon's intitial post concerning the AA community with violence and other criminal acts. It seems most attacks against CTA drivers have taken place in those communities. You can call it self profiling but it is truth. Most black victims of crime or assault suffer at the hands of another blaclk. I call it time for self inspection.

As for the bus driver adjusting his mirror. Clever move to adjust the interior mirror to get a better view. Speaking from experience, I assume he was only looking when he had the bus stopped (at at bus stop or traffic light). I guess I would be pissed too if ayone blocked that view with the exception of another woman with great legs.

• Upvote 1