More Bus Moves

sw4400

Speaking of Chicago Garage, I rode #1998 on the #49 earlier.

I still think 1997 & 1998 are some sort of temporary loaners to North Park. It wouldn't make sense to have a different fleet of just two buses assigned there(by different, I mean with transmission; all New Flyers assigned to North Park have the ZF Transmission except these two, which have the Allison Transmission). I don't think parts would be stocked for two different buses on a permanent basis unless they were getting more of these buses in the future(not like transmissions go out as frequently as say, a starter or a hose, but there are certain parts that may go out more frequently than the entire transmission).

And as far as I know, besides transmission, 1930-2029 are the exact same bus otherwise as 1630-1929 are, but there might be changes in other ways(other than the bowling alley-style seating), more mechincally speaking.

Oh didn't know he had prior offenses. It's easy to get in that situation if one stands by the door. It's happened to me but it was all unintentional. Red line seems like a hot spot. When you have trains like the china trains there is not alot you can do as there's no space. I'm surprised someone doesn't pass out though due to cloustrophobia.

Well then Chicago may be getting some #1900's after all. On another observation I haven't really seen #907 since the #905 retirement/storage. In fact not too many #800's are out either, only saw about 3 this morning. Also 74th is really segregating the #6600's this morning. #75, #94, #48, #62 is practically all #6600's.

So no 6400s on those routes at all today? 74th has already been segregating Novas in general to those four routes during weekday service for the longest now.

I still think 1997 & 1998 are some sort of temporary loaners to North Park. It wouldn't make sense to have a different fleet of just two buses assigned there(by different, I mean with transmission; all New Flyers assigned to North Park have the ZF Transmission except these two, which have the Allison Transmission). I don't think parts would be stocked for two different buses on a permanent basis unless they were getting more of these buses in the future(not like transmissions go out as frequently as say, a starter or a hose, but there are certain parts that may go out more frequently than the entire transmission).

And as far as I know, besides transmission, 1930-2029 are the exact same bus otherwise as 1630-1929 are, but there might be changes in other ways(other than the bowling alley-style seating), more mechincally speaking.

The small number of from a certain block didn't stop NP from having 1541-1544 earlier this year. And outside of the transmissions, those two are in fact no different mechanically than the 1700s and 1800s on NPs roster. So maintaining them shouldn't be an issue for the time that they are at NP.

I just saw 1924 on Rogers Ave heading to the Howard L station to start a route (bus had NOT IN SERVICE sign on).

The bus had a "C" decal on the window but the run # indicator was "P".

Yeah Gene, there's been a jumble here and there with the NF 1000s among the garages for the past few days.

Based on that clarification, I think Andre indeed might be speaking of something different in that he said the sticker has "Chicago Transit Authority" with a number underneath while the barcodes on the buses and rail cars simply show that vehicle's fleet number and a barcode underneath.

Actually, I was referring to the tags that are on anything OTHER than a bus or railcar. Such as fareboxes, etc. Bus and railcar asset number is indeed the fleet number, but other things that don't have fleet numbers still have asset numbers.

For instance, the prototype 1000 now at 89th/Greenwood as a training aid is 3211001000T. The Nova with 7200 on it at same location is also asset 7200. Why they picked that number? Who knows???

I wonder what brought that on. I remember 44's assigned spot being somewhat behind where they currently assigned the 8 in the terminal for instance.

I wonder what brought that on. I remember 44's assigned spot being somewhat behind where they currently assigned the 8 in the terminal for instance.

It was that way as far as I can remember (when the 44's new terminus was the Orange Line). The southbound 62 used to stop on the side of the street, where the current Kiss n' Ride is at, but got relocated to where the current 44 now stops in late 2007. I too wonder what prompted the current setup.

I was there day that they changed it, I asked and was told that the #8 can hold more busses at the new location (3 40fts in the northern bay). This would prevent the blocking that occurred before with #44 or the #62 who are trying to get around the 8 (center bay) either to leave terminal (#44-northern bay) or get into the correct spot (#62 southern bay).

Today riding the bus the bus drivers I ride with on #62 told me that all bus drivers now have to put a 4 digits PIN when log into Clever Device and they got rid of the key in the bus when you put the bus in neutral.

Last week, several drivers had problems entering their PINs into the system.

It was obvious that the server wasn't responding properly to the bus.

I don't understand why the drivers can't use a special driver only Ventra card to log in. That would certainly save them time & aggravation.

Today riding the bus the bus drivers I ride with on #62 told me that all bus drivers now have to put a 4 digits PIN when log into Clever Device and they got rid of the key in the bus when you put the bus in neutral.

That is a good idea in some ways, I think they get a random pin every day to enter into the clever device. The new system can detect when a driver leaveshe seat, because it logs the driver out (after about 1-2 minutes ). On the rehabbed busses, the monitor will make a noise at you constantly to notify driver to log in again.