More Bus Moves

sw4400

I still believe those "moves" to Chicago are temporary, how long I have no clue. Many busses in the string are still at 77th which leads me to believe Chicago was just short some busses. I could be wrong but those busses sent out are very random in order.

It might straighten out once everything is rehabbed, probably by Nov 2015. Remember the news story "CTA gets all new buses in 2014" Well FG hasn't seen one bus and the year is almost over. This makes the Rahm administration a liar!! I would sooner vote for a member of the World Wrestling Federation or whatever it's called now. :lol:

I meant what I said. Aside from whether that particular bus had a guard, it wasn't clear that the rider had brought the rock and taser into the bus, and, if not a guard would have been irrelevant.

Which is how I understood you to mean, so no need to get defensive with me. :lol:

Ok. Here goes my rant concerning previous posts by Garmon, Jajuan and Strictures.

I, as an Arican-American, totaly agree with Garmon's intitial post concerning the AA community with violence and other criminal acts. It seems most attacks against CTA drivers have taken place in those communities. You can call it self profiling but it is truth. Most black victims of crime or assault suffer at the hands of another blaclk. I call it time for self inspection.

As for the bus driver adjusting his mirror. Clever move to adjust the interior mirror to get a better view. Speaking from experience, I assume he was only looking when he had the bus stopped (at at bus stop or traffic light). I guess I would be pissed too if ayone blocked that view with the exception of another woman with great legs.

Art I agree with the self reflection part of it, and I'm not saying don't self reflect. But I still stand by what I said about compounding flawed media reporting by forgetting that it's all too easy to move from self inspection or reflection toward self profiling. One thing I remember is that while yeah this is a lot of black on black crime and plenty of driver attacks may happen in predominantly black areas, I also remember that the news media in this day and time is also focused all too much on ratings and outdoing the next organization in sensationalism. So with all that in mind, I travel all over this city and give each area the same treatment regardless of if it's Edgewater, Andersonville, Rogers Park, Englewood, Austin, Roseland or Pullman. Each area I go to I keep a personal mantra of just act naturally, don't go looking for trouble where there isn't any and just go about my day. And quite frankly for me it works. Believe it or not I've found if you're not bothering anyone, they tend not to bother you. And just be personable with people when possible. You wouldn't believe how far a smile and genuine hello gets you while going about your day even on the south side where some have said they are afraid to go. And if I'm out at night from either going to work or coming from it or just out with friends, of course I do the natural being more mindful of my surroundings. But I give each area the similar weight with adjustments based more on circumstance and my familiarity with that area because despite what statistics might be out you can be the victim of the crime anywhere and not just those areas that get more media focus.

... I would sooner vote for a member of the World Wrestling Federation or whatever it's called now. :lol:

Last I heard Jesse the Body Ventura was out of politics. Maybe Chicago's own C.M. Punk or his wife A.J. Punk* would be interested.

*I'm making assumptions, since Jessica Rabbit wasn't a rabbit.

• Upvote 4

Last I heard Jesse the Body Ventura was out of politics. Maybe Chicago's own C.M. Punk or his wife A.J. Punk* would be interested.

Bobby Heenan already has the management skills. But Road Warrior would bring in a new flavor.

http://www.iliveforprowrestling.com/2014/05/top-5-wrestlers-from-chicago-hit-list-3.html

Interesting fact: A lot of the WWE Wrestlers' names are stage names(one of the exceptions being Vince McMahon and his family)

-Triple-H: Paul Levesque

-Stone Cold Steve Austin: Steve Williams

-The Rock: Dwayne Johnson

-Lita: Amy Dumas

With the exception of Triple-H, all these other wrestlers are retired(The Rock is partially retired, unsure about Stone Cold). But this makes the point that C.M Punk and A.J Lee are just surnames.

Bobby Heenan already has the management skills. But Road Warrior would bring in a new flavor.

http://www.iliveforprowrestling.com/2014/05/top-5-wrestlers-from-chicago-hit-list-3.html

Bobby Heenan is not in good health, and Hawk (the Chicago Road Warrior) is somewhat dead.

Heenan is best known around here from the days of Bob Luce Wrestling, when he was locked in a cage with The Bruiser and The Crusher vs. the Black Jacks, and referee Jersey Joe Wolcott knocked him out.* Next time they tried it with Bruiser and Crusher vs. Bockwinkel and Stevens, but it wasn't the same.

*On YouTube, but ignore the voice over.

Essentially the issues are whether someone got hurt at the bus stop or the driver wasn't looking at traffic and got into an accident. While buses have cameras, I doubt that they have eye detection technology to see where the eyes are gazing. Maybe this can be put on Claypool's list of things to set up as cause for firing.

Other than that, I don't see anything wrong in just looking. Sexual assault requires some sort of physical contact (at least in Illinois).

Indeed you're right. It would've been very tricky to spot eye dectections unless there are cameras on the mirrors but that's just very silly. Speaking of technology, I wonder how effective the new cameras by Apollo are going to be now that I've witnessed #1260 and #1548 having the upgrades.

Which is how I understood you to mean, so no need to get defensive with me. :lol:

Art I agree with the self reflection part of it, and I'm not saying don't self reflect. But I still stand by what I said about compounding flawed media reporting by forgetting that it's all too easy to move from self inspection or reflection toward self profiling. One thing I remember is that while yeah this is a lot of black on black crime and plenty of driver attacks may happen in predominantly black areas, I also remember that the news media in this day and time is also focused all too much on ratings and outdoing the next organization in sensationalism. So with all that in mind, I travel all over this city and give each area the same treatment regardless of if it's Edgewater, Andersonville, Rogers Park, Englewood, Austin, Roseland or Pullman. Each area I go to I keep a personal mantra of just act naturally, don't go looking for trouble where there isn't any and just go about my day. And quite frankly for me it works. Believe it or not I've found if you're not bothering anyone, they tend not to bother you. And just be personable with people when possible. You wouldn't believe how far a smile and genuine hello gets you while going about your day even on the south side where some have said they are afraid to go. And if I'm out at night from either going to work or coming from it or just out with friends, of course I do the natural being more mindful of my surroundings. But I give each area the similar weight with adjustments based more on circumstance and my familiarity with that area because despite what statistics might be out you can be the victim of the crime anywhere and not just those areas that get more media focus.

I suppose if every individual conducted themselves like you and me, it would be a different neighborhood. The problem I have is that certain behaviors become culture. And of course the majority of AA don't act in that manner. but unfortunately the minority that do are growing in numbers as well as unacceptable behaviors. (Of you don't believe its culture listen to WGCI or Power 92 for 30 minutes). The media focuses on those areas because that is where the news is. When there are multiple shootings in Jefferson Park or the north side, the media will be there. Right now the north side news is about pervs on Red and Blue Line trains.

I suppose if every individual conducted themselves like you and me, it would be a different neighborhood. The problem I have is that certain behaviors become culture. And of course the majority of AA don't act in that manner. but unfortunately the minority that do are growing in numbers as well as unacceptable behaviors. (Of you don't believe its culture listen to WGCI or Power 92 for 30 minutes). The media focuses on those areas because that is where the news is. When there are multiple shootings in Jefferson Park or the north side, the media will be there. Right now the north side news is about pervs on Red and Blue Line trains.

Yeah the unacceptable behaviors do become culture with some, which is why I don't really listen to Power 92 much and haven't really listened to WGCI since my days in high school a couple decades ago. But then again I also was never much for following the crowd especially in terms of rushing to be that negative stereotype that society at large already won't let go as it is because in part of folks being too ready to believe "cultural" stereotypes instead of actually seeing the individual.

• Upvote 1

Don't mean to derail the current discussion, but can somebody explain this?

WmJrT50.jpg

There was a purple line scheduled in that "slot" on the time tracker that I was waiting to catch. It then changed to a brown line (to the loop?!) for about 4 minutes and then changed back to a purple line. I've heard of purples being routed to the outer platform during morning congestion, but I've never heard of a brown line being rerouted to the inner platform during the end of peak evening service...

Does anybody know why at least 20 to 25 buses were parked on lower Wacker Drive and Randolph this morning? They seemed to all be 77th's buses, there were a few 7900's and artics down there as well.

There are reports that buses no longer deadhead to 77th after ending their runs downtown, but are parked there awaiting the p.m. rush.

• Upvote 2

Damn #1880 on the #54 must be out for a joy ride. It just passed up 5 people including me with a follower 10 minutes behind. Wish I knew that was going to happen now I missed my connection. Another 20 minutes. Gotta love the CTA!!!

At least you didn't have a rock to throw at it!!! :lol::P

Are the asset numbers based on the M-tags?

No - asset numbers are on a little silver sticker that is on everything CTA owns. Says "Chicago Transit Authority" and a number. This is the number that Property Accounting Dept uses in their database to keep track of everything they have, from chairs and tables at garages thru fareboxes, shop tools, to trucks. Basically the numbers are consecutive, with 92357 being a few months older than 107500. Between them could be anything, tools, furniture, anything.

No - asset numbers are on a little silver sticker that is on everything CTA owns. Says "Chicago Transit Authority" and a number. This is the number that Property Accounting Dept uses in their database to keep track of everything they have, from chairs and tables at garages thru fareboxes, shop tools, to trucks. Basically the numbers are consecutive, with 92357 being a few months older than 107500. Between them could be anything, tools, furniture, anything.

So, unlike Metra where there is a tag by the door that the asset number is the same as the fleet number?