More Bus Moves

sw4400

Yeah they probably are sending some of these beat up fg novas to south shop as some of these amber ones aren't doing so well. They are starting to show that they are losing maintenance a little as they are in higher demand. Had #6866 last night and it died out like 2-3 times. These others from the other garages have at least had a little rest

Yeah. Quite a number of amber signed Novas I see close to home on the 84 as well as on the 56, 76, 77, 78, 80, 81, and 152 when I'm out and about on various commutes have been looking kind of tired, beat up and worn out lately.

At least they sound better than #6665. That bus' trans is whining but it had good power. Yeah 77th did a number on those Novas, actually the #6500's from there seem to be running better than the #6800's. Fg has had those longer and has seem to caught up with the maintenance on those. I guess 50 -60 Novas is harder to catch up on than 30 Novas. Maybe they'll be better next year. Right now the black paint is chipping and some look like they need some TLC. BTW, spotted #2779-80, the railcar and it's roof is like rust color what happened with that. Looks like it just came back from battle.

Starting bid at $10! :lol::D

That's a profit over the 45 cents it originally cost. Of course, it is hard to pin that down, as CTA alternated between big and small tokens every time there was a fare hike.

Still a lot cheaper than what CTA Gifts is charging for jewelry made out of tokens.

That's a profit over the 45 cents it originally cost. Of course, it is hard to pin that down, as CTA alternated between big and small tokens every time there was a fare hike.

Still a lot cheaper than what CTA Gifts is charging for jewelry made out of tokens.

Indeed. I find the gift shop very appalling. What's next? A gift shop hike??? :lol:

I almost bought an O-Scale L train from the CTA shop back in 2001. Some hobby shop by the Kennedy had it, so I went there instead. It was the same price, so at least the CTA shop didn't charge higher back then...

A surviving car from the set is on the left.

attachicon.gifDSC01393.JPG

Now it would've been cool as hell if those had the chains that connects to each head cars and the springs in between two mates. 3200s had a black with the red, white, and blue stripes theme???
  • Upvote 1

Now it would've been cool as hell if those had the chains that connects to each head cars and the springs in between two mates. 3200s had a black with the red, white, and blue stripes theme???

I really wish they did too. I'm all for realism. Also, I'm not sure why they gave the 3200s that livery. They never had that livery for real.

• Upvote 1

I really wish they did too. I'm all for realism. Also, I'm not sure why they gave the 3200s that livery. They never had that livery for real.

I would've been very intrigued if it and the 2200s had that livery back then. You are one clever guy to have them on upside down Lego blocks! I wonder if you can make a switch track with those blocks!!! :lol:

I would've been very intrigued if it and the 2200s had that livery back then. You are one clever guy to have them on upside down Lego blocks! I wonder if you can make a switch track with those blocks!!! :lol:

Yeah, that would have been a sight to see. Also the livery page on chicago-l.org has some other interesting liveries, such as a proposal to have the 2400s on the Green Line have green-white-green belt stripes, but nothing ever came of that.

As for the LEGOs I can only make straight sections of track, no curves or anything special. Thanks!

I would've been very intrigued if it and the 2200s had that livery back then.....

Basically, that was the start of the plain stainless steel. Apparently 1970s and 1980s thinking was to liven them up with decal stripes, but that died, apparently when the decals alligatored.

I almost bought an O-Scale L train from the CTA shop back in 2001. Some hobby shop by the Kennedy had it, so I went there instead. It was the same price, so at least the CTA shop didn't charge higher back then...

A surviving car from the set is on the left.

attachicon.gifDSC01393.JPG

Those look so cool! It was a shame that the 3200s arrived when CTA started to phase out "The Spirit of Chicago" Bicentennial livery. But I guess with the lines being on there, it would have been tricky.

That sounds similar to Boston, except for the most part cars on one line are not compatible with those on others.

... Also the livery page on chicago-l.org has some other interesting liveries, such as a proposal to have the 2400s on the Green Line have green-white-green belt stripes, but nothing ever came of that.

Those look so cool! It was a shame that the 3200s arrived when CTA started to phase out "The Spirit of Chicago" Bicentennial livery. But I guess with the lines being on there, it would have been tricky.

Thanks! I know what you mean, though I think there is a little bit of space for the stripes. Though the 3200s don't look that bad the way they are now.

That sounds similar to Boston, except for the most part cars on one line are not compatible with those on others.

My thoughts exactly, and you're correct!

Yes that was the original look of them before the big overhaul they went through coincidentally after that bad winter almost a couple decades ago that had a lot of them badly choked up along the Red and Blue Lines in heavy snow.

Yes that was the original look of them before the big overhaul they went through coincidentally after that bad winter almost a couple decades ago that had a lot of them got choked up along the Red and Blue Lines in heavy snow.

Nope. The picture was purportedly of 3200s. Maybe you are thinking of the 2600s, which were stripped of their stripes.