More Bus Moves

sw4400

Gah, gosh dangit CTA. I just got done at Jewel near Roosevelt and got to the station and checked the time tracker to see what line I should take back north. To my pleasant surprise, there was a brownage to Kimball in 5 minutes! So I skipped the first orange line and stood waiting for the brownage...which went right past Roosevelt without stopping. It wasn't marked as express and showed up on the tracker...why would it run past one of the busier stations on the orange line, especially since it was a brownage? *end rant*

And that should be rehabbed. If it sticks, which #1335 did not then it would be the first rehabbed bus sent over since #1153.

I don't think it is but who knows. I just marked that bus as OOS (orange highlight on my list)! -_- Any non-rehabbed bus that's been sitting at South Shop for over a month will be considered OOS.

Yes, they had the collectors there. They were also at Wrigley Field after a ball game.

I've never seen the portable Ventra machine, but one place it's needed is Water Tower Place for the NB buses there. There are a number of places they should be at for the afternoon rush hour, plus special events.

Not only would it speed up the bus loading, but by loading through the rear door, it would get more people in the back of the bus, instead of crowding at the front.

But what would also help with people using the rear door, is that the drivers should not only kneel their buses, but use the tilting function that most of the artics have. I rarely see an artic tilted to make it easier to board or get off a bus.

How many portable Ventra machines/fare boxes does CTA have at their disposal for peak hour fare collection? I've seen the portable fareboxes at Wrigley after a Cubs game and at the 35/Sox Red L station after a Sox game, but if there's enough to go around the system, that would be a great idea for peak hour crush points.

I almost bought an O-Scale L train from the CTA shop back in 2001. Some hobby shop by the Kennedy had it, so I went there instead. It was the same price, so at least the CTA shop didn't charge higher back then...

A surviving car from the set is on the left.

attachicon.gifDSC01393.JPG

As I understand it, MTH painted those incorrectly, painting them as 2600s but numbering them in the 3200 range with the ribs at the bottom. Per the old Hills Hobby (in Park Ridge, which has since been closed) a number of CTA employees complained about the incorrectness of the set. MTH did make a limited number of sets with the proper livery. I am fortunate to have such a set and am considering put it out on eBay. If anyone would be interested, let drop me a private message. It won't be cheap though.

I would rather give someone here first dibs.

I don't think it is but who knows. I just marked that bus as OOS (orange highlight on my list)! -_- Any non-rehabbed bus that's been sitting at South Shop for over a month will be considered OOS.

But of course only CTA can make that determination definitive and more than just assumption since none of us who aren't CTA employees knows everything that's going on behind the scenes.

I hope that more are not transferred out this weekend.

Well, you have to think about the rate of the 7900s being in service is really leaving 77th no choice but to eliminate NF's left and right. The twisted part about it is why keep the rehabbed 1900s between 1930-50??? That's really not adding up so well.

Well, you have to think about the rate of the 7900s being in service is really leaving 77th no choice but to eliminate NF's left and right. The twisted part about it is why keep the rehabbed 1900s between 1930-50??? That's really not adding up so well.

I understand that 77th must purge I would of thought they would give back 1100 and 1200's and not the 1900's which are my favorite for some reason. Yes I honestly think they just sent over what they wanted and that was it or this weekend the other stray busses will depart 77th for 74th or 103rd.

I understand that 77th must purge I would of thought they would give back 1100 and 1200's and not the 1900's which are my favorite for some reason. Yes I honestly think they just sent over what they wanted and that was it or this weekend the other stray busses will depart 77th for 74th or 103rd.

I have a feeling that it's bye bye birdies on behalf of the 1100s (either give them back to 74th and Kedzie or give the lower ones to 103rd since it out of middle of nowhere got #1110, #1111, #1114, #1117, and #1120). Witnessing #1984, #1985, and #1987 at 103rd really knock me out of my shoes! :lol:

The other day, I saw and missed by minutes #1947 operating NB on #N9. I haven't rode a Allison Transmission D40LF since NP had 1930-1980. All I saw was it take off and heard it's distinctive Allison Transmission hum as is started to accelerate from the stop.

I've ridden those several times on 3, 4 and 74 and you're right. It does have a distinctive sound and Jajuan (I think) compared it to the MAN Americanas of the 80's and 90's.