More Bus Moves

sw4400

1944 is currently southbound on #50 Damen. Didn't see the run number.

It likely would have been a Pxxx run number corresponding to the 50 since that is a North Park route. Remember that run numbers are more to identify the operators than they are individual buses.

1944 is currently southbound on #50 Damen. Didn't see the run number.

It is so weird with all of this bus juggling, it makes no sense that 77th got 1930-1932 but nothing else and that 103rd got back 1003-1005 and Chicago got back 1984, 1985 and 1987. There must be something to the madness. I think 1944 might be a fill in as it was out of 77th this morning.

They haven't invented links to posts people directly put on the main page of Facebook yet, so I'm copying the interesting posts here because the page updates.... here's a few...

23451_117123664964462_3548189_n.jpg?oh=b
I just saw a guy pull the emergency door open handle after the train started moving. He jumped out (tried running) and face planted at the Belmont station...
And a few replies to mention(names omitted because Facebook uses full names):
"Yes, let's inconvenience everyone on the train because I'm not paying attention."
"I once saw a woman put her hand out the doors as the doors closed. The doors closed on her hands. Luckily, a cta worker was there and he pulled on the emergency handles. The doors opened as the train was moving and the nutty lady jumped out of the cart. She fell and probably hurt herself. The cta guy was like, "that's what she gets for doing something so stupid. Don't jump out of moving trains people." Then he radioed for someone on the platform to check on her. Always something to see on the "L"."

People really need to stop messing with the cherry cords in these situations. I saw someone use one to exit the train just before it stopped on the Green Line back around 2007. Seriously? You couldn't wait two seconds for the operator to open the doors (the train operator was on the same side as the platform, so no walking over to the other door controls)? Afterwards, the guy didn't even run off of the train, he just casually walked out towards the exit.

People really need to stop messing with the cherry cords in these situations. I saw someone use one to exit the train just before it stopped on the Green Line back around 2007. Seriously? You couldn't wait two seconds for the operator to open the doors (the train operator was on the same side as the platform, so no walking over to the other door controls)? Afterwards, the guy didn't even run off of the train, he just casually walked out towards the exit.

Years ago, I saw two guys open the doors at Wilson on a NB Howard train expressing through & not stopping. It was at the north end of the platform & they went flying across the platform & were lucky that they didn't end up on track 2.

Then I saw a guy open the door at Harrison, way back when it was a B stop & we were on an A train. Same thing, went flying across the platform & rolled to a stop, short of the SB track.

You just can't cure stupid!

There was an alert about it.

Pink, Purple Line Exp., and Orange Line service is experiencing a delay at Washington Wells due to track switching problems.

Personnel are working to correct the problem and are rerouting trains around the blockage. As a result, wait times for trains may be longer than usual.

All Pink, Purple Line Exp., Brown, and Orange Line trains will be rerouted on the Outer-Loop bound side of the platform.

Allow extra travel time.

There was an alert about it.

Pink, Purple Line Exp., and Orange Line service is experiencing a delay at Washington Wells due to track switching problems.

Personnel are working to correct the problem and are rerouting trains around the blockage. As a result, wait times for trains may be longer than usual.

All Pink, Purple Line Exp., Brown, and Orange Line trains will be rerouted on the Outer-Loop bound side of the platform.

Allow extra travel time.

Well, I got on the Orange Line on the inner loop platform.

They haven't invented links to posts people directly put on the main page of Facebook yet, so I'm copying the interesting posts here because the page updates.... here's a few...

I just saw a guy pull the emergency door open handle after the train started moving. He jumped out (tried running) and face planted at the Belmont station. #GeniusAtWork
And a few replies to mention(names omitted because Facebook uses full names):
"Yes, let's inconvenience everyone on the train because I'm not paying attention."
"I once saw a woman put her hand out the doors as the doors closed. The doors closed on her hands. Luckily, a cta worker was there and he pulled on the emergency handles. The doors opened as the train was moving and the nutty lady jumped out of the cart. She fell and probably hurt herself. The cta guy was like, "that's what she gets for doing something so stupid. Don't jump out of moving trains people." Then he radioed for someone on the platform to check on her. Always something to see on the "L"."

I was on the #81 some months ago. The bus was heading east and we were almost at Lawrence and Claredon and this guy pulled on the cherry handle at the rear doors, then walked out. I heard the driver saying "You couldn't wait until I stopped?" or something like that.

I was on the #81 some months ago. The bus was heading east and we were almost at Lawrence and Claredon and this guy pulled on the cherry handle at the rear doors, then walked out. I heard the driver saying "You couldn't wait until I stopped?"

or something like that.

It seems like, 38 years later, the plot of The Million Dollar Rip Off is still being played.

About all I remember about that movie was the real life parts about the guy said he was hijacking the train, and then pulled the cherry.

#1954 is on #93. I asked the driver of he known anything about it but he told me that he didn't know but found out that he was getting this bus about 20 minutes ago. He was surprised that I told him that it was from 77th and ask how I know! :lol:

Did you catch the run number by any chance?