More Bus Moves

sw4400

Very random: Does anybody else notice that the 53A does not show on bus tracker on Sunday's?

I have and it's utterly disappointing.

Yeah I clicked a few times on Sundays got the message saying the route had no service scheduled when the 53A has service until 11PM on Sundays and the holidays that trigger Sunday schedules. I wonder how that major glitch came about. They Sounds like they forgot to enter the Sunday schedules during this pick after they updated 53A schedules.

Umm you got some yuppies up in that part of Rogers Park too who would scream up a big fuss. But thanks for that broad brush generalization that I suppose was meant to be cute.

The yuppies only live in the first block west of Sheridan, which is all large, single family houses.

Those can stay. Flatten all the apartment buildings there, basically, Ashland to Haskins & Jonquil to the alley behind the cemetery, 99% of which are owned by slumlords paying off Joe Moore to keep them out of Housing Court.

The yuppies only live in the first block west of Sheridan, which is all large, single family houses.

Those can stay. Flatten all the apartment buildings there, basically, Ashland to Haskins & Jonquil to the alley behind the cemetery, 99% of which are owned by slumlords paying off Joe Moore to keep them out of Housing Court.

There's also a fairly new school.

If you asked me anything, the area between Rogers and Touhy, including, of course, Joe Moore's office.

So I'm on the #49 this morning, right? I'm in the middle of a three-bus convoy (#1949, #1560 and #1759(a recent rehab)). When the convoy reached Western/Milwaukee, somehow, someway, the passengers of #1949 were sent off that bus and hopped on my bus (#1560). I don't know if it was a mechanical problem or if the bus became a one way trip back to 74th St. Garage.

I've been up that way and it's funny how I see a lot of yuppies beyond that first block and not living in large single family homes. So my response is the same. This isn't a constructive proposal and nothing more than an attempt at being cute.

RIP to Jane Byrne! Ive been watching the film footage of Jane Byrne in office on WGN Everytime they show the 79 blizzard they show a pair of CTA GMCs during the snowstorm on the #147 route. The bus they show is #7439. Pretty neat video!

What's the excuse for #1294 taking a hit like that???

It seems something whacked the right mirror and caused it to smash the windshield. At least in this case though, it's damage that can be easily repaired and not death blow damage to the structure that would cause the bus to be retired.

RIP to Jane Byrne! Ive been watching the film footage of Jane Byrne in office on WGN Everytime they show the 79 blizzard they show a pair of CTA GMCs during the snowstorm on the #147 route. The bus they show is #7439. Pretty neat video!

Someone on the TV mentioned that they should name a station on the O'Hare extension for her. He was right, as Byrne spearheaded turning in Crosstown Expressway money for the O'Hare and Midway routes, and got the O'Hare one started.

Someone on the TV mentioned that they should name a station on the O'Hare extension for her. He was right, as Byrne spearheaded turning in Crosstown Expressway money for the O'Hare and Midway routes, and got the O'Hare one started.

Yes Jane Byrne was a forward thinking mayor who was before her time in many ways.

It seems something whacked the right mirror and caused it to smash the windshield. At least in this case though, it's damage that can be easily repaired and not death blow damage to the structure that would cause the bus to be retired.

I wouldn't be surprised if somebody head was in the way but the impact is making it invalid. Probably a light pole.

What's the excuse for #1294 taking a hit like that???

Simply it seems the mirror hit a fixed object, most likely a sign or light pole, pushing the mirror into the windshield. Either the bus driver was careless in watching his mirror in realation to whatever he hit, or it could've been a situation where he hit an ice patch and the bus slid into a curb which could've caused the mirror to hit something.l

What a shame, and that wasn't even that old of a bus.

It's beyond shame!!! I have a feeling that both Cta and New Flyer Industry are going to get slammed about this! It's just a matter of time to figure out how this happened. TWO artics (including one of the MAN 7300s over a decade ago) catching fire and the NABI's getting shut down because of the cracks and other flaws?!?!?! That's highly inexcusable by all means!!!