More Bus Moves

sw4400

... Probably nothing new except for the new tires don't know if I've seen that on here yet.

It seems like you have a better shot of the crinkled up skin to the front of the main burn area, which, again, I'm sure will tell the investigators something. Also, that they didn't tow it to 77th without a tire.

Hello everyone. I've been a long time lurker here and for numerous reasons never joined in on the fun but I've just moved back to Chicago a couple months ago a figured why not get involved. So yeah... Hi.

Yesterday was really something. Found myself affected by both fires during my commute and ultimately trapped on LSD for a VERY long time on a 148. By the time I arrived on scene what was left of 4333 had been dragged from the fire scene onto Michigan Ave. I assumed it was to get it out of the way to wait on a low boy trailer or something but it appears they were setting it up for a standard tow. When I rode by they had already put new wheels and tires on and were probably doing an inspection to make sure it could structurally hold up to the trip. Anyways I'll try and add a few pictures. Probably nothing new except for the new tires don't know if I've seen that on here yet.

Welcome aboard.

Let me just say that this bus is well done.

(OT: When was the last time we had a BBQ bus?)

Welcome aboard.

Let me just say that this bus is well done.

(OT: When was the last time we had a BBQ bus?)

There've been at least two other artic fires on Lake Shore Drive that destroyed the trailers. One was during the summer of either 2007 or '08. An NABI caught fire at Montose during the PM rush (7629). Another happened a couple of years earlier somewhere on South Lake Shore Drive involving a 7300 MAN Seattle transplant --- the one that got toasted with the Quiznos ad cited by Busjack.

I'm trying to figure out the puzzle pieces in how the hell this happened!!! This is unbelievable!!! The only two buses I can think of that can be the victim of this mess are #1294 and #7910. The Cta Saga continues with this! Also, I couldn't find #4333 but I did spotted #4327 in the back yard along with the other artics, in which that's a good sign. #4004 is getting repaired inside the shop and #4195 will be back @ Kedzie either tomorrow or Friday.

post-1364-0-84910900-1416440825_thumb.jp

post-1364-0-85630700-1416440853_thumb.jp

post-1364-0-58698000-1416440871_thumb.jp

I'm trying to figure out the puzzle pieces in how the hell this happened!!! This is unbelievable!!! The only two buses I can think of that can be the victim of this mess are #1294 and #7910. The Cta Saga continues with this! Also, I couldn't find #4333 but I did spotted #4327 in the back yard along with the other artics, in which that's a good sign. #4004 is getting repaired inside the shop and #4195 will be back @ Kedzie either tomorrow or Friday.

What happened with 7910? Maybe the fence thing is related to that...

Like I think Busjack is implying, vandals couldn't have done that unless they had something the size of a tank. Looking at the level of damage and how the fencing is leaning and bent outward in some spots especially along the bottom, it appears more that the damage was done by one of the buses or maybe a truck used by the agency that might have been down at the garage or South Shops at the time. Perhaps the pavement had an ice patch somewhere along the fence that hadn't yet been treated or salted and whatever vehicle from within the garage lot slid into the fence. Yeah the garage and shop facilities are in a rough area, but not every damage done is committed by vandals folks. How about we pay attention to level of damage done and way it against the realm of possibilities of how it came about before rushing to judgment.

• Upvote 2

Like I think Busjack is implying, vandals couldn't have done that unless they had something the size of a tank. Looking at the level of damage and how the fencing is leaning and bent outward in some spots especially along the bottom, it appears more that the damage was done by one of the buses or maybe a truck used by the agency that might have been down at the garage or South Shops at the time. Perhaps the pavement had an ice patch somewhere along the fence that hadn't yet been treated or salted and whatever vehicle from within the garage lot slid into the fence. Yeah the garage and shop facilities are in a rough area, but not every damage done is committed by vandals folks. How about we pay attention to level of damage done and way it against the realm of possibilities of how it came about before rushing to judgment.

HELLO!!!!

Unless the former Blue Line Rail Operator got a job driving a box truck for some company and fell asleep again conveniently right around 77th.... :blink:

j/k.... large vehicle most likely, though a small car at the right speed and force of impact could've done that damage too.

Randomly testing out Kevin's announcement to see if it works here...

CTA repairs it's buses with duct tape....

http://www.peopleofthecta.com/2014/11/bus-broken-just-use-duct-tape/

This seems to be a combination of that peopleofthecta.com was down but apparently is now up,* the instructions were for something like facebook.com, and, as an aside, one has to be signed into Facebook to be able to activate the embed link.

*I looked at Facebook first, which did have credits to peopleofthecta.com, but clicking on them originally resulted in an error, but not 5 minutes later.

This seems to be a combination of that peopleofthecta.com was down but apparently is now up,* the instructions were for something like facebook.com, and, as an aside, one has to be signed into Facebook to be able to activate the embed link.

*I looked at Facebook first, which did have credits to peopleofthecta.com, but clicking on them originally resulted in an error, but not 5 minutes later.

Peopleofthecta is often down for no apparent reason.

Unless the former Blue Line Rail Operator got a job driving a box truck for some company and fell asleep again conveniently right around 77th.... :blink:

j/k.... large vehicle most likely, though a small car at the right speed and force of impact could've done that damage too.

Good one sw. :lol::P:D

You're right. It's also possible a car at high enough speed also may have done it. The appearance that the damage was done from inside though is what leads me to suspect bus or one of CTA's trucks.

Good one sw. :lol::P:D

You're right. It's also possible a car at high enough speed also may have done it. The appearance that the damage was done from inside though is what leads me to suspect bus or one of CTA's trucks.

How could it be a car if this event happened from the inside of the training course??? :huh: