More Bus Moves

sw4400

They have got to be kidding me because #1097 and #1103 are on #22 this morning...... :huh:

#1194 is on #36.

LOL dude why act so shocked about this? Between 7900 deliveries and ongoing rehabs (but more the former), 77th has to give up something out of NF 1000s down there. Something has to replace NFs that get sent down for rehabs and room has to be made as additional 7900s go into revenue service.

LOL dude why act so shocked about this? Between 7900 deliveries and ongoing rehabs (but more the former), 77th has to give up something out of NF 1000s down there. Something has to replace NFs that get sent down for rehabs and room has to be made as additional 7900s go into revenue service.

But it's happening at North Park though!!! :lol: Why would I not be suprised???? :P

They have got to be kidding me because #1097 and #1103 are on #22 this morning...... :huh:

#1194 is on #36.

#1097 was on the #50 yesterday. Like jajuan says 77th is above 295 buses now and is in a surplus state. They probably should just do a transfer this week with NP, but they might not want to do that if it's due to the 10 or so buses brought down to South Shops. They could just give 74th more #1000's, Send 10 #6400's to FG and Fg send 10 Novas to NP. Doesn't really matter as they will be retired anyway in time.

Yesterday I was heading north on 1st Avenue by North Avenue and Maywood Park, and I saw one of these on a big tow truck. I wonder what it was doing there...

Good news!!! 9799 is ok, but I think was towed for a purpose, as it was used in part of the Batman vs. Superman movie from what is seen here... I don't know if it's operable, nor certified to be driven on public roads(other than at IRM). But that might explain why it was being towed.

post-10-0-53923600-1415920519_thumb.jpg

post-10-0-15848000-1415920524_thumb.jpg

post-10-0-39723500-1415920529_thumb.jpg

post-10-0-91560500-1415920534_thumb.jpg

post-10-0-55268700-1415920540_thumb.jpg

• Upvote 3

Good news!!! 9799 is ok, but I think was towed for a purpose, as it was used in part of the Batman vs. Superman movie from what is seen here... I don't know if it's operable, nor certified to be driven on public roads(other than at IRM). But that might explain why it was being towed.

Doesn't the logo over the door have to be changed? :rolleyes::o

• Upvote 1

GTA. So that's a clue that Chicago will serve as Gotham City again in Batman vs Superman. But I'm still wondering if for money saving purposes they'll have the city also play its prior role as Metropolis as well and in effect do double duty. It's probably likely that it will since it's the same actor playing Superman and this is billed as a sequel to Man of Steel. It is recent precedent for it in that from the way Michael Bay edited some of the scenes in Transformers 3, Lake Shore Drive near the Museum Campus area where it merges with Columbus Drive was kind of presented as part of Washington, DC.

But it's happening at North Park though!!! :lol: Why would I not be suprised???? :P

Bushunter in part answered the question I was going to throw at you because I was just ready to ask weren't there a good number of 40 foot buses from NP down at South Shops right now for rehabs? :lol:

A few more pictures of this I located mostly from Facebook. This was at the Lawrence/ Red line station if you didn't already know.

post-304-0-58013300-1415942939_thumb.jpg post-304-0-79505000-1415942958_thumb.png post-304-0-79395100-1415942969_thumb.jpg post-304-0-12171700-1415942987_thumb.jpg

post-304-0-88153200-1415942993_thumb.jpg post-304-0-26121400-1415943012_thumb.png post-304-0-52040300-1415943057_thumb.jpg

• Upvote 3

They should explore clear wrapping these trains. Someone wants to vandalize it OK, then we will just tear off the wrap and put a fresh one. I think that's where this is heading like with the windows. It solved the etching problem didn't it, now the windows look good.

Would have to balance the cost of cleaning and I believe art's concern that some of the "polish" of the stainless steel might be affected against the cost of the wrap, and, unless the fartists get the message that the wrap is going to be removed, and thus it is not worth tagging it, repeated reapplication of the wrap. From the impression I got from the Pace requisition, installing a wrap isn't trivial. Of course, I suppose someone could approach Target to wrap everything.

A few more pictures of this I located mostly from Facebook. This was at the Lawrence/ Red line station if you didn't already know.

attachicon.gifgotham green line.jpg attachicon.gifgotham river directions.png attachicon.gifgotham river stop.jpg attachicon.gifgotham river street sign.jpg

attachicon.gifgotham river to westward bridge.jpg attachicon.gifgta transit.png attachicon.gifboard here for the bowary.jpg

I was tickled at the Gotham River to Westward Bridge sign. I believe Moench has written for Batman comics.

But be sure to bypass Schwartz. Or maybe, as Mel Brooks says, Let the Schwartz be with you.

When I saw Otisburg I laughed [thinking about the 1st Superman movie with Christopher Reeve]. I Googled Otisburg and found it is a Gotham city district. I haven't read a Batman comic in a few months and was unaware of that. There are a number of stations which remind me of people associated with DC comics. That makes me think that Engrehart should be Englehart. :D

When I saw Otisburg I laughed [thinking about the 1st Superman movie with Christopher Reeve]. I Googled Otisburg and found it is a Gotham city district. I haven't read a Batman comic in a few months and was unaware of that. There are a number of stations which remind me of people associated with DC comics. That makes me think that Engrehart should be Englehart. :D

http://youtu.be/tWiwYApseDk

I was just thinking what if the CTA wanted to make all their garages 100% indoor in the future.

The only garages that are outdoor garages are Forest Glen & North Park. Presuming one day, the CTA President and the Board at that time vote to build indoor garages for these two facilities, two questions come to mind...

• Can the CTA build a indoor garage on the sites of the current North Park Garage and Forest Glen Garage?
  • If they can build the garages, while they are being built, where will the buses at the garages be assigned to? Are there alternate sites the CTA owns that can be an interim garage for the moment?

....Are there alternate sites the CTA owns that can be an interim garage for the moment?

Since the last 3 garages were built in different locations (Beverly to 103rd, North Ave to Chicago, and 69th to 74th) and in the last 2 cases, the land sold for a pittance, that's essentially the question. For instance, North Park should be closer to Howard (and definitely not on the same axes as K and F), but I don't think they can condemn a half square mile in Rogers Park.

FG has the prior discussed issue that they have to keep Armstrong Ave. open for the residential development.

Between the hoist project and buying more land for both lots, they aren't going anywhere.

Also, money is also a problem, given that budgets about 10 years ago said that 100 year old 77th had to be replaced. There isn't a land problem there, but now that isn't even on the table.

Since the last 3 garages were built in different locations (Beverly to 103rd, North Ave to Chicago, and 69th to 74th) and in the last 2 cases, the land sold for a pittance, that's essentially the question. For instance, North Park should be closer to Howard (and definitely not on the same axes as K and F), but I don't think they can condemn a half square mile in Rogers Park.

FG has the prior discussed issue that they have to keep Armstrong Ave. open for the residential development.

Between the hoist project and buying more land for both lots, they aren't going anywhere.

Also, money is also a problem, given that budgets about 10 years ago said that 100 year old 77th had to be replaced. There isn't a land problem there, but now that isn't even on the table.

They should level the entire Juneway Jungle area east of the Howard L yard for a new bus garage. No one would miss that concentration of criminals. Even the cops are often scared to go in there at times.

They should level the entire Juneway Jungle area east of the Howard L yard for a new bus garage. No one would miss that concentration of criminals. Even the cops are often scared to go in there at times.

Umm you got some yuppies up in that part of Rogers Park too who would scream up a big fuss. But thanks for that broad brush generalization that I suppose was meant to be cute.

Still would have to pay off whoever owns the properties. May not be as much as condemning the condos around Clark Junction, but still would have to go through the whole NEPA and Relocation Act processes. I suppose you were going to pay the tenants relocation assistance to move to Niles.

• Upvote 1