More Bus Moves

sw4400

I had a NB 22 on Friday evening from Irving Park. I could read the Clever Devices monitor & he was Schd 0 most of the way, sometimes, 1 minute late. But then at Foster, he started driving slowly & by Devon, he was 4 minutes late. No traffic, almost no passengers, there was a bus a few blocks ahead. He deliberately made himself late. After the Devon time point, then he drove normal speed.

Have to wonder though if operators supposedly not being able to pass up their leaders comes into play. I've seen this scenario on other routes where that operator caught up with his leader within a few blocks or less, slowed down until the leader was back to a distance ahead of him that was more than that few blocks and sped back up to the speed of surrounding traffic. Other operators though just take that attitude of if they pass the leader so be it because they don't feel like slow dragging it most of the way with an empty bus.

Yeah looks like each train tripped a tracking point before the switches in question aligned themselves in the proper configuration for that line.

So you are hypothesizing that this was an actual operational error, instead of a computer foul up?*

_________

*I was being somewhat sarcastic about the potential derailment.

So you are hypothesizing that this was an actual operational error, instead of a computer foul up?*

_________

*I was being somewhat sarcastic about the potential derailment.

Hypothesizing it was theoretically a bit of both actually based on how TrainTracker is based on trains hitting certain physical points on the track and therefore not real time like BusTracker is in being based on GPS signals sent by buses while on their given routes as programmed in the Clever Devices system.

Well this was unexpected. I haven't seen Red Line run numbers in the 50s since I was in high school. However, my train run number is #950, not #951.

I'm still waiting to see Orange Line run 737 (the most common type of plane at the airport it serves :P ). I also like run 607 on the Green Line since the 5000s make Mr. CTA sound weird when he says it, and Orange Line run 711.

• Upvote 1

I'm still waiting to see Orange Line run 737 (the most common type of plane at the airport it serves :P ). I also like run 607 on the Green Line since the 5000s make Mr. CTA sound weird when he says it, and Orange Line run 711.

I remembered seeing run # 737 on the map a few months ago during PM rush hour but I don't think it exist. Now if the Orange and Brown Lines did a complete fusion (that would be cool as hell) then that would've been a different story having run number in the 400s and 700s extend to 430s and 730s. Oh by the way, Mr. CTA is Lee Crooks.

I remembered seeing run # 737 on the map a few months ago during PM rush hour but I don't think it exist. Now if the Orange and Brown Lines did a complete fusion (that would be cool as hell) then that would've been a different story having run number in the 400s and 700s extend to 430s and 730s. Oh by the way, Mr. CTA is Lee Crooks.

In that run numbers are based on terminal where the crew reports, that wouldn't make much difference, but announcements about the Orange Line getting more runs would.

I also wonder if those announcements form the basis for the fleet going up from 1190 to about 1360 and if they have any effect on the speculation of which lines gets 5000s.

Hmmm, interesting point. I was thinking why my train run # was 950? Maybe the fleet is one of the main reasons. Also, after you mentioned that I thought about the 2600s being on the Orange Line can create more runs. I don't see why not because it seems like most of the 2600s from Red and Purple Line are going to be transitioned to Orange Line.

Hmmm, interesting point. I was thinking why my train run # was 950? Maybe the fleet is one of the main reasons. Also, after you mentioned that I thought about the 2600s being on the Orange Line can create more runs. I don't see why not because it seems like most of the 2600s from Red and Purple Line are going to be transitioned to Orange Line.

The question is whether rail runs are strictly sequential, or like the bus runs, are broken up into full time, part time, and block runs (click through the Garages page for each garage; also there are supposedly owl run numbers). Maybe the chicago-l.org page on run numbers might help (and it indicates that the lowest run numbers are those than end first). In any event, they have to add run numbers somewhere.

The question is whether rail runs are strictly sequential, or like the bus runs, are broken up into full time, part time, and block runs (click through the Garages page for each garage; also there are supposedly owl run numbers). Maybe the chicago-l.org page on run numbers might help (and it indicates that the lowest run numbers are those than end first). In any event, they have to add run numbers somewhere.

I think chicago-l's page about it is ok but not 100% accurate because it stated that the run numbers doesn't repeat but I've seen a ton of Red Line run numbers awfully repeat i.e. Spotting #801 @ 11am.

I was riding the Blue Line today and I noticed on the platform just south of Washington that the support columns were painted black or something. They also had white text on them, and some CTA work people were sitting on a bench as my train went by. I couldn't make out the text though. I have never seen that before. Are they pointing out an extra exit?

I was riding the Blue Line today and I noticed on the platform just south of Washington that the support columns were painted black or something. They also had white text on them, and some CTA work people were sitting on a bench as my train went by. I couldn't make out the text though. I have never seen that before. Are they pointing out an extra exit?

I saw the same thing. I think the columns said Capital Station or something close to that.

Should be some bus moves this weekend. 77th is hovering in the 290's for fleet total and usually they start transferring buses when that happens so will 74th get more #1900's? It's a strong possibility.

I heard 77th was short just last week into earlier this week. That really surprised me , so I would be surprised if anything is transferred. I hope the 1900's don't go.

77th is doing a fill in on 103rd's #J14, #7933 is on the route

It begins 7900's to 103rd loool!! Outta all the new flyers they coulda used to fill in for a frickin J14 route they went with a 7900 crap I'm so mad I'm off today could've had a chance to see it or drive it lol. We shall see what happens though we shall see lol.

• Upvote 1