More Bus Moves

sw4400

...how does that turn around at Skokie? Last time I was there it looked like the turnback spot could barely hold a two-car train.

I just looked at it on Google satellite view & measured it. It appears the turnback track is about 225 feet long, which will clear a four car train, as each is 48' 3" long or 193' for a four car train. So I guess it was designed for that purpose.

How do they turn the Santa Train back? That train consists of 2893-2898 + a flatcar with the sleigh.

The Flatcar is not used on the Skokie trips, 2 dueces will do for that service, with Santa's onboard each duece. My suggestion, ride the holiday train before it hits the "money routes" (Red, Blue) because once it hits those lines, the trains will be at full capacity

And what did FG get in exchange for a garage that has a surplus of 40' buses? Jack s__t!!! :angry: I don't hear any reports of a 10xx, 11xx, 12xx, 13xx, 14xx, 15xx, 19xx or even some 7900's at FG.

I think FG got Twin Coach/Flxible numbers 5401, 5403, 5478, 5480, and a $50,000 Lowes gift card. Wait 'til someone figures out Lowes only sells pre-filled tanks.

• Upvote 1

I think FG got Twin Coach/Flxible numbers 5401, 5403, 5478, 5480, and a $50,000 Lowes gift card. Wait 'til someone figures out Lowes only sells pre-filled tanks.

Actually, CTA just got an order placed for 2,000 of these for Forest Glen, at $1,000/ea. That's right.... a $2,000,000 contract for these!!! At least the passengers on FG routes will be the most physically fit!!! :P:lol:

• Upvote 2

Who the heck is in charge of bus assignments anyway?? Cause Im starting to understand the frustrations of people like cta5750 and SW why does FG have all those Novas? They should have at least so NF buses if they can't get any new Novas. While 77th is just having their cake and ice cream lol. FG deserve better than what they have, I mean eventually they gotta get something new right and I'm sure the 6400's aren't getting any more rehabs.

Who the heck is in charge of bus assignments anyway?? Cause Im starting to understand the frustrations of people like cta5750 and SW why does FG have all those Novas? They should have at least so NF buses if they can't get any new Novas. While 77th is just having their cake and ice cream lol. FG deserve better than what they have, I mean eventually they gotta get something new right and I'm sure the 6400's aren't getting any more rehabs.

Maybe its politcal. Since I'm not a city dweller anymore, I haven't kept up much with aldermanic politics. It doesn't seem that the powers that be have a lot of love for the aldermen of the wards that encompass the FG area. Or maybe those aldermen don't have a lot of love for Rahm.

Maybe its politcal. Since I'm not a city dweller anymore, I haven't kept up much with aldermanic politics. It doesn't seem that the powers that be have a lot of love for the aldermen of the wards that encompass the FG area. Or maybe those aldermen don't have a lot of love for Rahm.

Two of the mayor's most persistent critics represent wards with routes served by FG: Scott Waguespack (32nd), whose ward include sections of #56 Milwaukee, #76 Diversey, & #77 Belmont. Also John Arena (45th): His ward includes areas served by #56 Milwaukee, as well as parts of Irving Park, Montrose, & Lawrence.

Almost forgot --- an occasional Emanuel critic, Nick Sposato (36th), serves a ward that includes sections of Central, Austin, Narragansett, and Harlem.

However, the remaining North and Northwest side alderman representing areas served by FG can be considered among the ranks of Rahm's lapdogs.

PS: The three northwesternmost wards in the city, 38, 39, & 41 --- those most dependent on FG service --- are all represented by Emanuel stalwarts.

Ok now that's just really weird..... :huh:

Not in a time of continued NF rehabs it's not. :lol:

#1202 is on the #29 and #1065 is on the #9. Except for 2 buses the #8 is all #7900's today. 77th seems be be running alot of #7900's for a change.

Now that's interesting that the 8 would be almost all 7900s today.

All those 7900s and you didn't get to ride on one today, Garmon? lol :lol::P

Well I couldn't resist messing with you on that one. LOL! :lol:

It ain't like one decided to be on 75th Street! Now that would be nice! :lol: I was shocked that it were so many NF's on #4 after I left from taking my fiancé to the doctor at U of C but nothing but 7900s on #2. I was like wtf man!!! :lol:

So a NB #53 or a bus that was set to pull in given the time of accident and this is just a bit south of the driveways leading into Chicago Garage.