More Bus Moves

sw4400

In my opinion, since FG shares the 56, 92, 152, 205, and 206 with NP, which already has 1000's, those might be what FG will get. Because it just makes sense for routes from more than one garage to use buses all of one series.

Outside of FG which only has one bus series for now and 74th placing primary 6400s on 44, 48, 75 and 94, I highly doubt the garages care about placing only one series to a particular route and go with what they have on hand.

Bye 1900's at 77th. Looks like I will be walking places more hat 77th is getting rid of all fast busses. It seems chicago is getting back what they gave 77th.

77th has brand new 7900s before any other garage, so don't you think you're exaggerating about all the fast buses being purged from there? :)

Have you seen any of the 40 footers with other garage signs?

As for that 1099, it wasn't running when I saw it a few nights ago, I did get a look at 1616 and 1618 both had the k sticker still in the window. At this point with so many buses showing up I can't tell which are loans and which are permanent. The winter pick is coming next week starting on 12/13/14 and going into effect 12/28/14 so maybe that's what's going on with all these bus moves across the system.

Don't forget that it's was mentioned they also plan to exercise the option for the extra 150. So you might be reading that a little too conservatively.

Alright Jajuan check this out, if you go to page 60 it says and I'll quote it.

"Bus Fleet – The CTA continues to improve its bus fleet by purchasing and replacing aging buses. CTA is to complete the delivery of 300 new clean diesel buses in 2015 and through the spring of 2016. CTA also plans to issue a contract to purchase up to 150 additional buses in 2015. These buses will be low floor, fully accessible, air conditioned, and

conventional clean diesel transit buses."

So they are saying that the 300 will not be done before spring 2016 right? To be fair they didn't say how many short they would be, maybe it's 50 not 100 but that's what I'm comprehending here. If that is correct that would be on par with what they wanted to do with the #6400's, they wanted to order 150 buses each year over three years to get within 450 or 484 as the order was for that amount of buses.

I wonder if Novabus itself can't handle that big of an order that fast especially doing multiple cities and now 60 foot artics. Maybe they should expand because how would they ever fill an order for 1000 buses like what is coming with the #1000's. It seems only NF has the capability to manufacture that amount that fast. (they delivered within 3 years 2006-09, 1,050 buses) This may be the reason why in 1991, CTA ordered through two manufacturers because TMC or Flxible could not deliver 1000 buses either that fast.

The argument might be from what side the bus goes into the layover in the former Beverly Garage lot. The schedule pamphlet now says that the terminal is 104-Vincennes, so if the theory is that the sign should correspond to the pamphlet, it would be Vincennes. However, the bus is mostly on Beverly.

A correction here - a few years back the turnaround was changed to south on Vincennes - sit between 103rd and 104th - west on 104th, north on Charles, east on 103rd, north on Beverly, after Fleet Management took over operation of Beverly Truck maintenance depot.

Also, there are MANY cases where old Novas have different signs than LED sign buses. These are two separate programs that have evolved differently over the years, and even now changes made to the programs are by no means necessarily identical!

1962 on #54

1963 on #65

UPDATE: So far 77th AT LEAST still has:

#1975 was on the #79 last night, don't know why it didn't come over. It looks like they wanted to do a complete block of buses for Chicago from #1974 up, but maybe #1975 and the #1980's are still coming next week or during the week. By right they should have split up the #1900's three ways and gave those to FG, 74th and C but that's looks like it's not happening. Looking at 74th, they might be trying to send over the #1590's next from Kedzie to go with the #1600's. Maybe the 103rd #1600's are destined for 74th, but really 74th should be getting unrehabbed buses as Kedzie still has 107 to rehab. In all the transferring I wonder what's new for Kedzie they lost at least 8 buses yesterday.

#1975 was on the #79 last night, don't know why it didn't come over. It looks like they wanted to do a complete block of buses for Chicago from #1974 up, but maybe #1975 and the #1980's are still coming next week or during the week. By right they should have split up the #1900's three ways and gave those to FG, 74th and C but that's looks like it's not happening. Looking at 74th, they might be trying to send over the #1590's next from Kedzie to go with the #1600's. Maybe the 103rd #1600's are destined for 74th, but really 74th should be getting unrehabbed buses as Kedzie still has 107 to rehab. In all the transferring I wonder what's new for Kedzie they lost at least 8 buses yesterday.

I am sure once winter pick is in effect we will finally see some calming in terms of transfers. I don't know why 77th (if at all) got 1600's, I thought those were rehabbed. One theory on why they are finally getting rid of busses is there is a new manager at 77th so maybe this one no longer has pull?

1928 is on #87

1981 is on #79

I saw something quite interesting on the Ventra interface the Bus Operator uses on a #9 bus this weekend.... in the lower right, I believe it mentions the operator # of the driver. This reader said O-Hare Employee. Does the CTA have O-Hare drivers operate their equipment at times? I can't understand why a Ventra interface would say that for the login information.

I am sure once winter pick is in effect we will finally see some calming in terms of transfers. I don't know why 77th (if at all) got 1600's, I thought those were rehabbed. One theory on why they are finally getting rid of busses is there is a new manager at 77th so maybe this one no longer has pull?

1928 is on #87

1981 is on #79

I think they just are transferring now because there will be no more #7900's for awhile at least 3-4 months and they are probably trying to get rid of a few #6400's from Chicago and 74th, winter is coming and that's hard on old equipment. Besides 77th had way more buses than they needed, about 20 buses and if they put into service the last 10 #7900's then that would be 30 buses, so they are just balancing the fleet. No sense in loaning Np buses all winter.

I saw something quite interesting on the Ventra interface the Bus Operator uses on a #9 bus this weekend.... in the lower right, I believe it mentions the operator # of the driver. This reader said O-Hare Employee. Does the CTA have O-Hare drivers operate their equipment at times? I can't understand why a Ventra interface would say that for the login information.

Only one I know of is that O'hare employee is designated for individuals who are exempt from the O'hare $5 surcharge. So when a O'hare employee taps their ventra card it shows up as O'hare employee just like College student for Upass

Only one I know of is that O'hare employee is designated for individuals who are exempt from the O'hare $5 surcharge. So when a O'hare employee taps their ventra card it shows up as O'hare employee just like College student for Upass

Interesting, but this was where the Bus Operator's number would appear on the interface device... almost like she was a driver for O-Hare, perhaps the shuttle buses... but that's not possible, is it?

Two weird ones on the #82 #1432 and #1342. Could Kedzie have received #1336 - #1342? Damn if so that's even more buses to rehab!!

I'm ok with #1342 but #1432 is just out of touch to me. I hope they're just loans. By the way, #1977 is on #53 and #1615 is on #55. Also, #1340 is on #60.

Lol I can't wait till the dust settles cause all these bus moves are too much to keep track of. You guys are doing a great job at keeping up it's a team effort I must say. BusHunter has some updating to do lol.

You might report to work tomorrow and find no buses in the garage. :D

I'm ok with #1342 but #1432 is just out of touch to me. I hope they're just loans. By the way, #1977 is on #53 and #1615 is on #55. Also, #1340 is on #60.

damn so it does sound like Kedzie got #1336-42 btw, I put #1215 at np because it and #1264 were out at np last night. Notice they are all unrehabbed. It's starting to show at 77th. I think they only have 73 buses now that need to be rehabbed.