More Bus Moves

sw4400

damn so it does sound like Kedzie got #1336-42 btw, I put #1215 at np because it and #1264 were out at np last night. Notice they are all unrehabbed. It's starting to show at 77th. I think they only have 73 buses now that need to be rehabbed.

I'm going to keep my roster as it is until the changes are consistent enough for me to swap some to the respective garages. The garage code windshield stickers can really help.

I'm going to keep my roster as it is until the changes are consistent enough for me to swap some to the respective garages. The garage code windshield stickers can really help.

I know #1962 still has the "7" on the windshield cause I saw it but that's newly arrived to C. But all these #1200's are probably transfers cause like I said #1231 has a "P" windshield sticker and they have now been gone from their home garages for a week. I think the #1400's are loans so I'm not so quick to jump ship on that. Some of these transfers are weird though. why send #1330's to Kedzie when they could've easily sent them #1200's and send the #1330's to NP? Numerically this doesn't make sense.

#1339 is on the #63 so all those #1330's didn't transfer, but then Kedzie would have to get something or be short, no?

6529 on the #147 Outer Drive Express

This is a surprise... there's no snow/icy conditions outdoors that I know of, so artics should be operating today, and North Park has an abundance of them(minus 4333). I wonder what's up with this FG bus/loan being on a NP route ran by artics.

This is a surprise... there's no snow/icy conditions outdoors that I know of, so artics should be operating today, and North Park has an abundance of them(minus 4333). I wonder what's up with this FG bus/loan being on a NP route ran by artics.

Its not all runned by artics. I be seeing some 1000's running on it during the evenings and mid mornings

With 10 car trains on the far horizon, when did 8 car trains begin running here?

I don't think anyone can pin that down. Undoubtedly first on the North-South. Lake-Dan Ryan in early 1970s, and obviously Brown Line around 2008.

A constraint on long trains before the CTA era is that there wasn't multiple car door control, so every other car had to have a conductor, so there wasn't an advantage to running longer trains.

Alright Jajuan check this out, if you go to page 60 it says and I'll quote it.

"Bus Fleet – The CTA continues to improve its bus fleet by purchasing and replacing aging buses. CTA is to complete the delivery of 300 new clean diesel buses in 2015 and through the spring of 2016. CTA also plans to issue a contract to purchase up to 150 additional buses in 2015. These buses will be low floor, fully accessible, air conditioned, and

conventional clean diesel transit buses."

So they are saying that the 300 will not be done before spring 2016 right? To be fair they didn't say how many short they would be, maybe it's 50 not 100 but that's what I'm comprehending here. If that is correct that would be on par with what they wanted to do with the #6400's, they wanted to order 150 buses each year over three years to get within 450 or 484 as the order was for that amount of buses.

I wonder if Novabus itself can't handle that big of an order that fast especially doing multiple cities and now 60 foot artics. Maybe they should expand because how would they ever fill an order for 1000 buses like what is coming with the #1000's. It seems only NF has the capability to manufacture that amount that fast. (they delivered within 3 years 2006-09, 1,050 buses) This may be the reason why in 1991, CTA ordered through two manufacturers because TMC or Flxible could not deliver 1000 buses either that fast.

Methinks we have a slight miscommunication here. :lol: You didn't mention that it was Spring 2016 in your original post. You only said 2016. So I took you to mean all of 2016 when I responded.

#1952 is on the #155. #1427 is on the #22. Damn maybe these #1400's are transfers after all!!

WTH #1642 is on the #50

From the looks of it NP is getting back what was sent down to Chicago months ago on the 1400s front. And the reports of different 1800s on Kedzie routes seems to answer your early thoughts on what Kedzie got in what was sent down to 103rd out of the 1600s from there.