More Bus Moves

sw4400

True, but I didn't expect Chicago's 1800s at 103rd.

Well with the start of spring pick coming on Sunday morning, it's possible that it's part of the likely bus reassignments that we know might come with the pick change. This weekend's pick change is bound to stir things up among the bus assignments with a number of posts Saturday and Sunday saying how certain buses at one garage are showing up on routes at a garage that wasn't those buses' previous home garage.

I was also going to point out that it was time for 77th to give up something, but maybe this is a cascading move.

When there is an essentially fungible group of 1030 buses, and rehabs sped up, probably any of them could show up anywhere.

Also, weren't 1800s part of the odd/evens originally?

So I guess it's clear to say 1057 is officially assigned to 103rd I've seen that bus pretty much everyday this week, I'll have to check for the 03 sticker but still. Also I saw 1971 again as a 111 and 115 today. Not sure if that's still a loan or what. Once the winter pick starts next Sunday well see which buses are where and so forth lol. Side note lol 1261 may have went back to 77th I believe the last time I saw that bus it was a 79. I haven't seen that bus on any 103rd routes lately.

Route 103 - West 103rd Street to West Plains, Missouri :lol::P

Well, CTA's slogan is "Take It Anywhere". And it's Christmastime.... they're taking customers to MO for the low, low price of $2.25($1.00 for Seniors and Disabled passengers and free for Seniors with a Free Ride pass and children under 4). You can also use a unlimited ride pass. But that's quite a ride and CTA does not have a built-in restroom, nor concessions on board.

• Upvote 2

Ok, this seriously needs to be viewed!!! Anyone know the location of this bus should immediately contact the Garage it comes from to find out who might've been in the area and get that Bus Operator disciplined for this gross negligence. The video is from a cell phone and super grainy, so the number is hard to make out, but this needs to be reported!!! Maybe even call 1-888-YOUR-CTA and report it. I might just link it to the Chicago Transit Authority webpage and they can check their cameras!!! This is dangerous beyond recognition and needs to be addressed!!! :angry::angry::angry:

https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=10205292776496419

This was 87th and Pulaski heading westbound toward Pulaski, according to a commenter. I posted this to CTA's Facebook and contacted 77th Garage. Hopefully they can figure out the brainless Operator who pulled off this stunt and terminate him/her!!!

I'm sorry for the rant, but this is Bus Operation 101 here!

• Upvote 2

#1968 and #1969 are on 77th routes but the other #1960's are not showing up anywhere so far.

1965 and 1966 were out as recent as yesterday on 77th routes. Didnt C have all of those busses before? I'm thinking lower 77th 1900's will go to 6 while upper ones return to C.

Route 103 - West 103rd Street to West Plains, Missouri :lol::P

Well, CTA's slogan is "Take It Anywhere". And it's Christmastime.... they're taking customers to MO for the low, low price of $2.25($1.00 for Seniors and Disabled passengers and free for Seniors with a Free Ride pass and children under 4). You can also use a unlimited ride pass. But that's quite a ride and CTA does not have a built-in restroom, nor concessions on board.

This looks more like a job for MegaBus, if it can stay on the road. On the way to Branson.

But, seriously, someone programmed the wrong GPS coordinate into the system.

• Upvote 1

Ok, this seriously needs to be viewed!!! Anyone know the location of this bus should immediately contact the Garage it comes from to find out who might've been in the area and get that Bus Operator disciplined for this gross negligence. The video is from a cell phone and super grainy, so the number is hard to make out, but this needs to be reported!!! Maybe even call 1-888-YOUR-CTA and report it. I might just link it to the Chicago Transit Authority webpage and they can check their cameras!!! This is dangerous beyond recognition and needs to be addressed!!! :angry::angry::angry:

This was 87th and Pulaski heading westbound toward Pulaski, according to a commenter. I posted this to CTA's Facebook and contacted 77th Garage. Hopefully they can figure out the brainless Operator who pulled off this stunt and terminate him/her!!!

Did he/she fell asleep???? :lol::P

Well at least they got the bus out of the way. :P There's an intersection there right at the crossing. They probably should've just pulled the bus through the intersection as it's the lesser of two evils. They probably will write this guy up though but I don't think they should be terminated. But you never know the potential for what could've happened might sway them. It all depends on whether also if this is a new hire or a veteran because the union will probably fight anyone who terminates a veteran driver.