More Bus Moves

sw4400

I finally got to ride a new 7900 today.

I notice a few things different. The driver now has a compartment, like many European buses.

That seat behind the driver is now a single sideways seat, as the double seat on the old Novas, only allowed one adult to sit there.

But the most interesting are the seats themselves. They've been designed to not let someone sleep on them, by canting the seat bottom at a negative angle, which will cause a sleeper to fall of the seat.

But the most interesting are the seats themselves. They've been designed to not let someone sleep on them, by canting the seat bottom at a negative angle, will will cause a sleeper to fall of the seat.

How did Emanuel miss that, while touting that they were made in Chicago?

I don't know which garage #1099 came from but it was also

Kedzie's #1616 is operating on 103rd's #95W, #1618 is on the #29, #1047 is on the #71 and #1052 is on the #112

1099 was parked at 103rd as well I saw it as I was pulling in last night. It's too many bus shifts going on lol.

One thing to note about signage goes to the #9... the furthest stop is 104/Vincennes. The Novas assigned(at least the ones in the 6400-6708 range) will say 9 ASHLAND (flip) TO 104-VINCENNES. But the New Flyers out of 74th will say 9 Ashland (flip) Beverly/103rd. Any ideas as to why one bus model will say one destination and the other will say a different one yet all go to the same stop?

One thing to note about signage goes to the #9... the furthest stop is 104/Vincennes. The Novas assigned(at least the ones in the 6400-6708 range) will say 9 ASHLAND (flip) TO 104-VINCENNES. But the New Flyers out of 74th will say 9 Ashland (flip) Beverly/103rd. Any ideas as to why one bus model will say one destination and the other will say a different one yet all go to the same stop?

I was wondering the same thing, despite that fact that both buses have the same rush period stop point and that destination announcements have it as 104th/Vincennes. Also, I've never seen one of the Flip Dot Novas display "104TH-VINCENNES" instead of "BEVERLY/103RD." Maybe one of the few LED Novas have ""BEVERLY/103RD" as well.

104-Beverly-Vincennes is essentially the same point. more or less. The argument might be from what side the bus goes into the layover in the former Beverly Garage lot. The schedule pamphlet now says that the terminal is 104-Vincennes, so if the theory is that the sign should correspond to the pamphlet, it would be Vincennes. However, the bus is mostly on Beverly.

But there were (at least at some time) a lot of other inconsistencies, such as whether 36 and 151 end at Devon-Ashland or Devon-Clark.

Similar inconsistency at Midway--some signs are Orange Line and others are Midway Station.

The different bus models are undoubtedly because there are different programs for the TwinVisions (6400 series) and Luminators (all others). You'll note that Andre posted that the TwinVision program had to be loaded twice (once for the headsign and again for the side sign).

And if one wants to get hypertechnical, the destinations on BusTracker don't correspond to the headsigns, either. For instance, the ones I checked yesterday for 62 said that the southbound route started at Marina City and ended at Neva. The headsigns, though are State-Kinzie and Archer-Harlem.

Kedzie's #1616 is operating on 103rd's #95W, #1618 is on the #29, #1047 is on the #71 and #1052 is on the #112

Looks like 1616 & 1618 decided to come home lol

Yeah looks like after being at Kedzie for years a few even numbered 1600s lower than 1630 got sent back to 103rd. And I agree with BusHunter that it's going to take more than one bus seen on a Forest Glen route to say whether that was more than just another false hope thrown to that garage starting to get its average fleet age back down below 12 years.

104-Beverly-Vincennes is essentially the same point. more or less. The argument might be from what side the bus goes into the layover in the former Beverly Garage lot. The schedule pamphlet now says that the terminal is 104-Vincennes, so if the theory is that the sign should correspond to the pamphlet, it would be Vincennes. However, the bus is mostly on Beverly.

But there were (at least at some time) a lot of other inconsistencies, such as whether 36 and 151 end at Devon-Ashland or Devon-Clark.

Similar inconsistency at Midway--some signs are Orange Line and others are Midway Station.

The different bus models are undoubtedly because there are different programs for the TwinVisions (6400 series) and Luminators (all others). You'll note that Andre posted that the TwinVision program had to be loaded twice (once for the headsign and again for the side sign).

And if one wants to get hypertechnical, the destinations on BusTracker don't correspond to the headsigns, either. For instance, the ones I checked yesterday for 62 said that the southbound route started at Marina City and ended at Neva. The headsigns, though are State-Kinzie and Archer-Harlem.

The difference in sign programs would seem to be what makes the slight difference in destination displays for what's essentially the same spot. It's no different from 6400s (when 77th still had them) displaying "8 to Waveland" while 1000s and 7900s give the NB display for that route as "8 TO BROADWAY".

False alarm back to reality, #1978 is on the #65. I'm starting to think that the only way fg is going to see anything is when there are no more #6400's to give them!!

So I was looking at the budget and it says that the #7900's will be delivered 2015 through 2016??? What??? You mean they are only getting 100 buses next year. Maybe 2015 is not fg's year. It might be 2016 now.

False alarm back to reality, #1978 is on the #65. I'm starting to think that the only way fg is going to see anything is when there are no more #6400's to give them!!

So I was looking at the budget and it says that the #7900's will be delivered 2015 through 2016??? What??? You mean they are only getting 100 buses next year. Maybe 2015 is not fg's year. It might be 2016 now.

Don't forget that it's was mentioned they also plan to exercise the option for the extra 150. So you might be reading that a little too conservatively.

....And I agree with BusHunter that it's going to take more than one bus seen on a Forest Glen route to say whether that was more than just another false hope thrown to that garage starting to get its average fleet age back down below 12 years....

We actually have both #1977 AND #1978 on FG routes. #1977 was on the 56 Milwaukee, 2 buses in sequencial order while not 100% it could possibly be hinting at some of the NF moves I just hinted at above

In my opinion, since FG shares the 56, 92, 152, 205, and 206 with NP, which already has 1000's, those might be what FG will get. Because it just makes sense for routes from more than one garage to use buses all of one series.