More Bus Moves

sw4400

77th does have some capacity to loan on a daily basis but the weird thing is even with 7900's there have been times recently where 77th is short on busses.

EDIT: 1961 is back at 77th on number 4

Yeah I know. I was speaking on those buses that have been determined to be reassigned buses and not just loans.

Maybe the production designer just liked the number 2306, but it's actually a different car body.

The car #2257 that used to be at Forest Park yard was sold to a hollywood studio, so it's most likely floating around on the movie production circuit. There was this movie "The Midnight Meat train" that I swear they are using a #2200 in but it's not depicted as CTA/Chicago based service.

Whenever i see an interior shot that could be shot in a studio I think of #2257. Any kind of exterior shot would either have to be CGI or an additional existing car, I know #2319 was shot in Detroit for the filming of Tranformers IV. If the car wasn't destroyed maybe that could be used, but most likely it was purchased with the thought that it would be demolished in movie production.

Pigeons used to board the Red Line at Howard every so often. I haven't seen one on a train there in some time.

I have seen one a few weeks back on the Roosevelt Red Line platform though.

I actually met a intelligent pigeon that would sweep the car at Howard for leftover food and get off and wait for the next train. I saw this myself!! :lol:

1261 is still at 103rd currently as a N5 I saw 1080 parked at the garage as well but Imma need 77th to give us back 1120 we only have 5 and I like the 1100's we have at 103rd lol.

If you're talking about #1117 being part of the five then you can forget about it because it's back at 74th! :lol: :p

Well, be prepared for some of them being official in which some are. What do you mean #1346 still need to be rehab??? :huh:

I had a 1300 out of 74th in the afternoon yesterday.... maybe I just saw #1346 on this board and thought that was the number... all the number crunching I do at work, I probably forgot which bus, but it was #13XX, and it wasn't rehabbed(florescent lights, no cut in the wheelwell, no new seat fabric or Clever Devices unit). #1933 was an easy one to remember as it was the bus I took home.

If you're talking about #1117 being part of the five then you can forget about it because it's back at 74th! :lol::P

Nah lol 1117 was always at 74th I was talking about 1110, 1111, 1114, 1119, and 1120 which is still a 79 I was trying to see the garage sticker cause I believe it had 03 on it. But one thing about 77th buses as soon as they get a bus rather it be brand new or from another garage they are really quick to put that 7 sticker on the windshield. 103rd is not so quick though lol. By the way 103 still has 1261 and 1080 which I had again as a 15 today, I'm starting to think they're more than loans now and I believe I saw 1202 but I'll have to double check on that one though.

Is the CTA doing away with the hinged, plexiglass shield for the drivers?

I was just on a 36, #1766 & it had just a partial fixed shield.

Is this the new design or a one off to get reactions?

I believe not all of the 1700's got the CTA-installed driver shield. Some only have the little shield installed by New Flyer still. It was a project that covered 90-95% of the fleet, but a few for whatever reason did not get the shields.

Nah lol 1117 was always at 74th I was talking about 1110, 1111, 1114, 1119, and 1120 which is still a 79 I was trying to see the garage sticker cause I believe it had 03 on it. But one thing about 77th buses as soon as they get a bus rather it be brand new or from another garage they are really quick to put that 7 sticker on the windshield. 103rd is not so quick though lol. By the way 103 still has 1261 and 1080 which I had again as a 15 today, I'm starting to think they're more than loans now and I believe I saw 1202 but I'll have to double check on that one though.

It was at 103rd for a couple of days about a month ago.