More Bus Moves

sw4400

Just spotted #1967 on #49. #1237 and #1264 are currently on #22. #1239 is on #28. #1231 and remaining #1245 are on #36. #1215 is on #50.

I'll put those up as 77th loans on the roster. I put #1346 at Chicago, because it's still there and I don't think it's going back. #1297 is off ghost bus status on the #72. #1297 was rehabbed Garmon in case you missed it. You seem to still have that one on your what's left for #1000 rehabs list.

Is the CTA doing away with the hinged, plexiglass shield for the drivers?

I was just on a 36, #1766 & it had just a partial fixed shield.

Is this the new design or a one off to get reactions?

I believe not all of the 1700's got the CTA-installed driver shield. Some only have the little shield installed by New Flyer still. It was a project that covered 90-95% of the fleet, but a few for whatever reason did not get the shields.

Actually just about all NFs including 1766 eventually got the larger shields. The smaller shield is a remnant from 1630 and higher initially being delivered that way before being retroactively upgraded with the shields that 1000-1629 came in with. It sounds like maintenance crews at NP forgot to put the shield back on after whatever work they may have been doing in the driver's space of the bus.

And now, for your daily dose of "What the hell am I watching here?" Theater.... this is a must see... I don't know what city this is in, but this guy is clearly making sure nobody steps on his feet lest they get beat up... by his verbal banter....

https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=726393560763002&set=vb.149070568495307&type=2&theater

This guy makes Chicago's interesting characters look like kittens at times...

And now, for your daily dose of "What the hell am I watching here?" Theater.... this is a must see... I don't know what city this is in, but this guy is clearly making sure nobody steps on his feet lest they get beat up... by his verbal banter....

https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=726393560763002&set=vb.149070568495307&type=2&theater

This guy makes Chicago's interesting characters look like kittens at times...

My guess is Charlotte, NC's Lynx system. At one point, "Woodlawn" station is announced. Charlotte's Lynx has a Woodlawn station and NYCTA has a Woodlawn, Bronx station. However,the door closing sound is not the chime and "Stand Clear of the Closing Doors" of NYCTA. However, it is the same sound as San Diego Trolley's newest cars and the interiors look similar. SD Trolley and Lynx both use Siemens S70 cars, so I think my guess is correct.

1967 is back at 77th on #3 I wonder why NP is constantly short...

It's an all New Flyer garage: 1000 series 40 foot buses and 4000 and 4300 series artics. The 1000s are undergoing rehabs and generally speaking buses must still undergo maintenance while not in service. So from a logically logistical standpoint the reason is maintenance in combination with the rehabs.

My guess is Charlotte, NC's Lynx system. At one point, "Woodlawn" station is announced. Charlotte's Lynx has a Woodlawn station and NYCTA has a Woodlawn, Bronx station. However,the door closing sound is not the chime and "Stand Clear of the Closing Doors" of NYCTA. However, it is the same sound as San Diego Trolley's newest cars and the interiors look similar. SD Trolley and Lynx both use Siemens S70 cars, so I think my guess is correct.

That does appear to be Charlotte, as I spotted at least one Carolina Panthers ball cap in the video.

Not unusual since that route operates out of NP, which has artics, along with 74th. So basically you're seeing a NP run on that route.

Some part of me feels like Western should have artics during school runs, but that would be a little tough seeing as how the little stretch between Jones/Logan Blvd. and Diversey/Elston is almost a maze with road/water main work taking up half the street.

• Upvote 4

Some part of me feels like Western should have artics during school runs, but that would be a little tough seeing as how the little stretch between Jones/Logan Blvd. and Diversey/Elston is almost a maze with road/water main work taking up half the street.

It's a freaking headache over there. Last night around 5pm, the traffic on Western was so backed up that it caused Diversey to be backed up for a few blocks.

What the hell??? :lol:

What do you want? A Medal of Valor? You're just a Private, so you got no say! :o:lol: And BusHunter, you're just a Sergeant leading the charge, but you don't have much power either.... :D I'm the General, I have the power, but no desire to use it.... :lol:

Little take on The Honeymooners ep: Please Leave The Premesis.... classic comedy from the late Jackie Gleason.

• Upvote 1

What do you want? A Medal of Valor? You're just a Private, so you got no say! :o:lol: And BusHunter, you're just a Sergeant leading the charge, but you don't have much power either.... :D I'm the General, I have the power, but no desire to use it.... :lol:

Little take on The Honeymooners ep: Please Leave The Premesis.... classic comedy from the late Jackie Gleason.

A private eh??? You're better be lucky I'm still alive!!! :lol: