More Bus Moves

sw4400

3 minutes ago, Pace831 said:

Could that be because of extra service for Lollapalooza?

Possible, but CTA has no notifications about extra service on those bus routes. And each of those routes currently have their usual number of buses and the typical bus types outside of those two out of place buses.

2 hours ago, jajuan said:

Possible, but CTA has no notifications about extra service on those bus routes. And each of those routes currently have their usual number of buses and the typical bus types outside of those two out of place buses.

Considering both Lollapalooza and the Cubs game just getting out, there better be more service in that part of town, even if not explicitly announced.Usually they only announce if the hours of service are increased.

For instance, BusTracker shows a mess of NP buses on 152 WB

152.jpg

Strangely, though only 3 NB buses on 22.

28 minutes ago, Busjack said:

Speaking of #22, I waited an hour for a NB #22 last night and my driver was 44 minutes behind schedule while running P240 (that's was the last full-time run of the night) while two part-timers P262 and P26X were ahead of me. Earlier, a driver on #4398 that was running #147 to Devon had to change to #22 from the terminal because there were no SB buses from Howard. S--t really got real on behalf of North Park yesterday. 

6 hours ago, Busjack said:

Considering both Lollapalooza and the Cubs game just getting out, there better be more service in that part of town, even if not explicitly announced.Usually they only announce if the hours of service are increased.

For instance, BusTracker shows a mess of NP buses on 152 WB

152.jpg

Well at the time of my sighting of 6564 on the 22 it was rush hour and there was a a heap of buses on the route. I've never really seen too many people ride the bus to or from Lollapalooza outside of a bus heading to Union Station or Olgilvie. So I don't think I've seen CTA really bump up the bus side too much. I have always seen many more people flocking to the L, thus the beefed up Red, Blue, Pink, Green, Brown and Orange Line notifications as always usually happens about this time of the summer.

5 hours ago, garmon757 said:

Speaking of #22, I waited an hour for a NB #22 last night and my driver was 44 minutes behind schedule while running P240 (that's was the last full-time run of the night) while two part-timers P262 and P26X were ahead of me. Earlier, a driver on #4398 that was running #147 to Devon had to change to #22 from the terminal because there were no SB buses from Howard. S--t really got real on behalf of North Park yesterday. 

Yeah the 22 is notorious for getting messed up somehow from time to time.

• Upvote 2

16 minutes ago, Pace831 said:

I forgot to mention rail car #5010 has one of the old RTA priority seating decals that looks like this. I thought it was strange that a new car would have the old sign. I meant to take a picture but got distracted by the panhandler mentioned in another thread.

You are dealing with a car that is now 7 years old (delivered in Sept. 2009, according to the 5000s thread).

Just now, Busjack said:

You are dealing with a car that is now 7 years old (delivered in Sept. 2009, according to the 5000s thread).

But those RTA priority seating signs are older than that, aren't they? I haven't seen them on any other vehicles that age or newer. There are older vehicles than that which have the updated decals that look like this or this. Do all the older 5000s have these or have I just not noticed them? I thought they replaced all the old decals before the 5000s deliveries started. In fact the last place I saw one was on an old South Shore car in a museum.

1 hour ago, Pace831 said:

But those RTA priority seating signs are older than that, aren't they? I haven't seen them on any other vehicles that age or newer. There are older vehicles than that which have the updated decals that look like this or this. Do all the older 5000s have these or have I just not noticed them? I thought they replaced all the old decals before the 5000s deliveries started. In fact the last place I saw one was on an old South Shore car in a museum.

In that I remember seeing that decal that you mentioned in car 5010 on the Fishbowls, Americanas, Flyer D901s, rail car series 2200s. 2400s and 2600s, yes that decal is older than the 5000s. And it is indeed unusual to see that particular decal in any of the 5000s regardless of if they are the oldest ones on down to the newest ones. In fact right now in 2016, it is actually unusual to see that particular decal in any CTA revenue vehicle currently in service. 

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, patman119 said:

Is North Park Garage short on buses right now? Besides 1002 being on the 36, look what else is on their routes. 5 6400 series buses.

Screenshot_2016-08-01-19-10-30.png

I observed the same thing, after first observing 6467 on the 147. Besides Busjack's point about the Cubs game, I was going to say that perhaps FG's current bloat is giving NP opportunity to put more buses through routine maintenance than they normally would have opportunity to do. 

Ok, so when the next set of New Flyer move-arounds commences, I am thinking a shift from Chicago to 103rd to FG will occur.

Chicago: 1207-1218 to 103rd

103rd: 1041-1052 to FG

No doubt other switches and swaps will occur when this begins, but this will give 103rd 1053-1218 and FG 1000-1052. That should complete the number of New Flyers for FG, as 53 is roughly the number they had when they had a mix of 1000's, 1100's and 1200's a few years ago before giving them all to 77th for 6400's. This, plus the 125 7900-Series Novas and whatever hang-around 6400's are still running will complete the roster there. That will give them 178 buses, plus the hang-around 6400's, so maybe 208? Which will either just retire without replacement in the next few years or be replaced with 1053-1082 if they want to keep the block number idea going once the TBD Manufacturer All-Electric buses roll in from their manufacturer plant to their home garage(s). I highly doubt FG will get these.... CTA will probably give them to a indoor garage(Chicago, Kedzie, 74th, 77th or 103rd) either all 30-ish or split them up to separate garages.

This is speculation based on current rosters and what I think will happen in the future as the new All-Electric buses start rolling in. Take this just as it is..... speculation. It could be 100% correct, a percentage may be right, or it may be 100% wrong.