More Bus Moves

sw4400

Well well well. 1432 is in service on the #9 today. One other tidbit, I also happened to spot 1474 turning EB on to North Ave from NB Ashland. I'm guessing an operator was maybe being trained for N9 service. To be clear I'm making no claims to whether either signals a return of NFs to Ashland. Though it's a logical thought that it needs to happen by year's end when Western gets TSP since 74th can't have Western and Ashland getting almost all its Novas.

2 hours ago, Tiffany said:

I don't want to get off topic but? I can't figure out how to start a new thread has anyone quite or been fired from Cta as a ptbo and been rehired?? What is the process like and what will prevent them from rehiring a former employee?helppppp?????

The Hiring Process discussion might answer some of your questions. It's listed under CTA Rail but should probably be moved to General Discussion since it applies to Bus as well.

The reason you can't start a new topic is because of a new rule that you must have 25 posts before you can create a new topic.

2 hours ago, Pace831 said:

I don't want to get off topic but? I can't figure out how to start a new thread has anyone quite or been fired from Cta as a ptbo and been rehired?? What is the process like and what will prevent them from rehiring a former employee?helppppp?????

Hiring process 

2 hours ago, Pace831 said:

The Hiring Process discussion might answer some of your questions. It's listed under CTA Rail but should probably be moved to General Discussion since it applies to Bus as well.

The reason you can't start a new topic is because of a new rule that you must have 25 posts before you can create a new topic.

Thanks I guess I'll go retype of this in that post lol

14 hours ago, Busjack said:

So why shouldn't they be able to? 3 Pace routes go there.

Exactly. It's not a CTA only terminal or station. In addition to three Pace routes being there along with the CTA ones, the Metra UP-NW rail line station of the same name is accessible from there along side the CTA Blue Line rail station. So it shouldn't be a surprise that Pace buses do layovers in the general layover zones like the CTA buses do.xD

1 hour ago, jajuan said:

Exactly. It's not a CTA only terminal or station. In addition to three Pace routes being there along with the CTA ones, the Metra UP-NW rail line station of the same name is accessible from there along side the CTA Blue Line rail station. So it shouldn't be a surprise that Pace buses do layovers in the general layover zones like the CTA buses do.xD

Actually it is a CTA terminal,  with access to a Metra station.   As such CTA has washroom facilities for its employees.   Pace employees also get access to those facilities because it gets keys from CTA.   I don't know if the Metra ticket agent has access or not,  but that is CTA property. 

2 minutes ago, artthouwill said:

Actually it is a CTA terminal,  with access to a Metra station.   As such CTA has washroom facilities for its employees.   Pace employees also get access to those facilities because it gets keys from CTA.   I don't know if the Metra ticket agent has access or not,  but that is CTA property. 

I meant in the practical sense my friend. Yes it's CTA property, but operations wise all three agencies are using it. So it still shouldn't be a shock that Pace buses also use the unmarked layover areas. 

34 minutes ago, artthouwill said:

As it turned out, Rosemont was Cook County property, so one can't be sure. In any event, there are signs on the lip of the canopy for Jefferson Park Transit Center, CTA, Pace, Metra, so, as jajuan points out, one would expect all 3 to use it. Heck, Pace uses CTA turnarounds that CTA doesn't, such as 302 (presumably Cermak-Kenton), 311 (North-Naragansett).

4 hours ago, Busjack said:

As it turned out, Rosemont was Cook County property, so one can't be sure. In any event, there are signs on the lip of the canopy for Jefferson Park Transit Center, CTA, Pace, Metra, so, as jajuan points out, one would expect all 3 to use it. Heck, Pace uses CTA turnarounds that CTA doesn't, such as 302 (presumably Cermak-Kenton), 311 (North-Naragansett).

54B still shares the Cermak-Kenton with 302 actually.:)

2 hours ago, jajuan said:

54B still shares the Cermak-Kenton with 302 actually.:)

Forgot that. I was thinking about 21.

Also, to get back to Jeff Pk., whatever the intergovernmental agreement is (and it doesn't look like Pulse construction has started yet), Pace is still going to build a Pulse station in Jeff Pk.

Heard some #152 operators talking about the Wrigley Field reroute for tonight. (Probably cause it was clinch night, so much for that. 9_9) One was saying that a notice said that they are supposed to reroute Racine-Clark-Irving Pk-Broadway and this was supposed to start at 7PM. The interesting part was that the operator said it was contingent. Contingent on what? The game didn't end until after 10 PM. The other operator said it wasn't on the board, I guess they have a notice board. (I know operators who have told me of advance closures up to 2-4 weeks ahead of time.) In regards to Wrigley usually the city closes down addison at racine and nothing gets through but buses during games. I guess there's going to be another reroute tomorrow.

28 minutes ago, Sam92 said:

There was am event at soldier field.  Kedzie helps out in those runs

From what I saw on 26.1, someone needed to call the buses to the staging point at about 9 minutes left in the 4th quarter, as the crowd was fleeing in droves.

Can anyone elaborate on this issue.....

I am bringing my cat back from the vet after a test was done. My vet is about 3 miles from me, so I've been taking the CTA for about 20 years to transport my animals to and from the vet, and never had an issue..... until today.

I boarded Bus #(Number will remain confidential per chitransit policies) Run #(Run Number will remain confidential per chitransit policies) on Route #152. I was told by the Bus Operator "If that's a cat, you have to take it to the back." Mind you, this is during the time when Cub Fans are heading to Wrigley Field, so the back is crowded with fans and all seats are taken up. I left the bus without arguing the operator and took a look at the bus number and run number and called the Garage Supervisor at(Garage omitted per chitransit policies). The Supervisor told me that only Service Animals are allowed on board....... What????? Do they know their own policies????

Pets/animals

Service animals (animals that provide assistance to people with disabilities) are permitted on CTA at all times.

Only small pets in protective carriers are allowed on CTA buses and trains. Carriers cannot take up seats, seating areas or obstruct pathways on buses, trains or in stations and must be able to be carried on by a single person. I had one cat on board with me, in a protective carrier..... so I fail to see the point here. If I'm seated with the cat in my lap, it's not taking up a seat or obstructing pathways on the bus, as opposed to standing, where during braking and accelerating, I might accidently hit someone with the carrier, especially if it's a hard brake or fast, jerky takeoff.

To ensure the comfort of others, animals in carriers need to behave in such a way that does not disturb others. She was not disturbing anyone, just quietly laying in her carrier.

CTA reserves the right to remove from CTA vehicles or property any animals (including service animals) which act aggressively or pose a direct threat to others. He didn't tell me to leave, but told me basically I couldn't sit, but had to stand on the back of a crowded bus with a carrier, where there's a chance I could hit someone if the bus brakes hard or has a jerky takeoff.

And for the record, there were seats available in the front of the bus.

Your cat ought to call Rosa Parks, although @garmon757 took issue with me when I raised that in a much more pertinent situation (ADA right to have a service dog, which was a civil rights violation; your cat doesn't have any civil rights).

It seems like though, on second attempt, you found a CTA employee less informed of company policies than the first one was.

1 hour ago, sw4400 said:

"If that's a cat, you have to take it to the back."

That's a really strange thing for the operator to say. Being misinformed about the pet policy is at least understandable, but that would typically mean telling someone their animal isn't allowed at all. Saying that cats have to ride in the back doesn't make any sense, unless the bus operator was trying to say that the carrier shouldn't occupy the priority seating area. It could have just been a poor choice of words on the operator's part, since he/she didn't say you couldn't ride the bus. Still, it was justified to call the garage supervisor about it. The supervisor's response, though, was obviously incorrect.

Did you wait for the next bus, and board that one without incident?

I agree with everyone else that your encounter with the operator over your cat sounds off. I've seen riders with cats and small dogs in carriers a lot doing the same thing you were @sw4400; Taking them to and from a visit with the vet. I see people more with cats than I do small dogs, but they've always gotten on the bus with no problems. That's interesting that your experiences got compounded by the garage manager not knowing the current policy in that regard.