More Bus Moves

sw4400

11 hours ago, Mr.cta85 said:

There may be a possible bus swap on the horizion guys. As I was pulling in around 10pm I saw 1560-66 I believe sitting outside the garage. So if you happen to catch those buses on another route besides 74th then that's what happened lol.

1564-66 have been at Kedzie since the fall pick, I've seen those buses a number of times on #52 and #82. 

45 minutes ago, chgofan78 said:

I wonder if it could be a temporary move to spread out the buses with the plastic seats and get the public opinion from other areas of the city. 

That's a good point. Don't be surprised if 8200-8249 are seen on 74th's and 77th's routes as well. 

59 minutes ago, chgofan78 said:

I wonder if it could be a temporary move to spread out the buses with the plastic seats and get the public opinion from other areas of the city. 

11 minutes ago, dann said:

That's a good point. Don't be surprised if 8200-8249 are seen on 74th's and 77th's routes as well. 

BTW, this could explain why 1557 and 1591 are on #56.

It looks as if a few small numerical blocks of 1000s have migrated to FG from 77th, 74th, & Chicago as replacements for the hard-seated 8200s.  The lowest-numbered 8200s will probably start appearing on 77th routes Monday, if not tomorrow.  The fact that the reassigned buses were in numerical clusters leads me to believe that they'll be staying at their new digs for a while, possibly for the reason that Chgofan78 suggested: customer feedback on the hard seats.

3 hours ago, BusGuy248 said:

I don't recall exact bus numbers but they were somewhere between 1730 and 1750

Chicago sent #1746, #1753-#1761, #1799 and #1800 to FG. FG also received upper #1550s and lower #1560s from 74th and upper #1380s, lower #1390s, #1590-#1596 and #1601 from 77th. Only the 1000s sent from Chicago to FG are Cummins ISL-powered while the rest of those 1000s FG received are Cummins ISM-powered. All of the buses FG received this weekend are equipped with the American Seating InSight seats with fabric-upholstered padded inserts. None of the 1000s FG received were the Alison transmission-equipped units.

1 hour ago, RJL6000 said:

Chicago sent #1746, #1753-#1761, #1799 and #1800 to FG. FG also received upper #1550s and lower #1560s from 74th and upper #1380s, lower #1390s, #1590-#1596 and #1601 from 77th. Only the 1000s sent from Chicago to FG are Cummins ISL-powered while the rest of those 1000s FG received are Cummins ISM-powered. All of the buses FG received this weekend are equipped with the American Seating InSight seats with fabric-upholstered padded inserts. None of the 1000s FG received were the Alison transmission-equipped units.

So what's going on are these bus swaps or just for tomorrow's marathon?

47 minutes ago, Mr.cta85 said:

So what's going on are these bus swaps or just for tomorrow's marathon?

As others have noted (including you), a number of buses were swapped for testing the plastic seats, so they have to run something on the northwest side.

8 hours ago, Busjack said:

As others have noted (including you), a number of buses were swapped for testing the plastic seats, so they have to run something on the northwest side.

I know the blue seater are for testing purposes (only cause I saw the signs in the bus stating why the seats are blue) but I still dont know if the 8200 my garage recieved are for the marathon or are actually swaps or not though. I guess I'll find that part out after today. It would be cool if 8217-23 are actually swaps but I honestly don't know that part yet ?. We also have 1008 sitting in the garage and it's been there since Friday.

55 minutes ago, BusHunter said:

Hmm I wonder why the swaps were not new buses for new buses. 7900s for 8200s for instance. But I probably shouldnt complain the nfs are the better bus. Still though fg is losing  its new buses or at least some of them.  

Probably entering into it is that FG had 124 new buses, while the other garages had 100. If one is assuming 424/4, does this work out to each garage has 106?

• Upvote 1

51 minutes ago, Busjack said:

Probably entering into it is that FG had 124 new buses, while the other garages had 100. If one is assuming 424/4, does this work out to each garage has 106?

Yeah but each garage doesnt have 100 old 6400s either. Now theyll need to take care of more of the 3 types of buses they now have at fg. Maybe they dont trust the feedback of us nw siders!! xD makes you wonder however about the #1930 allisons why they didnt spread those around for feedback or the longitudinal 4150s.

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, Mr.cta85 said:

I know the blue seater are for testing purposes (only cause I saw the signs in the bus stating why the seats are blue) but I still dont know if the 8200 my garage recieved are for the marathon or are actually swaps or not though. I guess I'll find that part out after today. It would be cool if 8217-23 are actually swaps but I honestly don't know that part yet ?. We also have 1008 sitting in the garage and it's been there since Friday.

Well I saw an 8200 and 7900 sitting staged on Polk at Ashland. That small detail seems to lean towards the Marathon playing at least one part of it. 

22 hours ago, BusGuy248 said:

I don't recall exact bus numbers but they were somewhere between 1730 and 1750

Well 1730 is definitely not one of them because it's on the #50 today.

2 hours ago, Mr.cta85 said:

Now im leaning more towards the bus swap is for the marathon only cause I saw 7986 I believe on garfield heading southbound as a 9 not too long ago.

It fits with my observation of a 7900 and 8200 sitting staged facing east on Polk at Ashland possibly waiting to do service on Ashland. 

6 hours ago, BusHunter said:

Yeah but each garage doesnt have 100 old 6400s either. Now theyll need to take care of more of the 3 types of buses they now have at fg. Maybe they dont trust the feedback of us nw siders!! xD makes you wonder however about the #1930 allisons why they didnt spread those around for feedback or the longitudinal 4150s.

I mean should the 4150s even count seeing as that was more of a "we're recovering from a 226 bus loss and any bus we can get at this point'll help" kinda scenario....  Whoever posted about it pretty much said those seating arrangements were the only ones on hand at the NF factory.  And as far as the 1930s... You have a point but I think some type of extra thought did in fact go into them considering except for the brief times they ran at 103rd they pretty much ended up at garages that could take advantage of the extra space (Chicago,  77th,  NP)

2 hours ago, Sam92 said:

I mean should the 4150s even count seeing as that was more of a "we're recovering from a 226 bus loss and any bus we can get at this point'll help" kinda scenario....  Whoever posted about it pretty much said those seating arrangements were the only ones on hand at the NF factory.  And as far as the 1930s... You have a point but I think some type of extra thought did in fact go into them considering except for the brief times they ran at 103rd they pretty much ended up at garages that could take advantage of the extra space (Chicago,  77th,  NP)

So do you think cta could benefit off more buses with the #1930 seating arrangement? It sure does make it easier when those pesky strollers board!! 

On the #4150 scenario. I find it hard to believe they couldn't  change the seating arrangement. I mean a company just successfully bidded on your  contract and they say oops we ran out of the seats??? Something's  fishy with that but maybe they were drinking the kool aid at bombardier because try as you might with practically a whole city's disapproval they continued  with the longitudinal seats on the 5000s. Wish I could debunk that tale!!