More Bus Moves

sw4400

5 minutes ago, Busjack said:

Any reason this isn't under Pace?

I wondered the same thing.   Interesting is that it seems like the CTA transit center at Ford City Mall is not meant for Pace usage.  One would think that all Pace routes that served the mall could share one bus bay since they are thru routes and each CTA bay would serve a route that terminates there.

If I am reading correctly,  Pace was never consulted by the Mall nor CTA. 

19 minutes ago, Busjack said:

Any reason this isn't under Pace?

Because the topic of the Ford City Transit Center was previously discussed here.

11 minutes ago, artthouwill said:

I wondered the same thing.   Interesting is that it seems like the CTA transit center at Ford City Mall is not meant for Pace usage.  One would think that all Pace routes that served the mall could share one bus bay since they are thru routes and each CTA bay would serve a route that terminates there.

If I am reading correctly,  Pace was never consulted by the Mall nor CTA. 

I hadn't read the notice closely enough before, but since it was mentioned, it does imply that 382 will be the only Pace route stopping at the TC when it is complete.

18 minutes ago, Pace831 said:

Because the topic of the Ford City Transit Center was previously discussed here.

O.K. I must have missed Ford City.

18 minutes ago, Pace831 said:

it does imply that 382 will be the only Pace route stopping at the TC when it is complete.

Since it only refers to currently, I'm not sure what it means. It is hard to believe that Ford City would give up on suburban patronage coming by bus.382, being only rush hour, wouldn't bring in any patronage,  and could, theoretically, be rerouted directly via 73rd and Cicero (only rush direction buses that serve 74/Oak Park go to Ford City).

1 hour ago, Busjack said:

O.K. I must have missed Ford City.

Since it only refers to currently, I'm not sure what it means. It is hard to believe that Ford City would give up on suburban patronage coming by bus.382, being only rush hour, wouldn't bring in any patronage,  and could, theoretically, be rerouted directly via 73rd and Cicero (only rush direction buses that serve 74/Oak Park go to Ford City).

Wouldn't it be reverse commute rush direction actually since buses on the route leaving the city serve the mall in the a.m. and buses toward the city do so in the p.m.? As for what happens after the TC is complete, that actually isn't clearly laid out as the notice reads "Route 382 will continue to serve the current mall stop until the new CTA Terminal is built on the east side of the mall property." All that can be really said clearly for now is that all Pace routes serving the mall except 382 are moved on to Cicero/76th because of the construction. Beyond that, maybe too much is being read into the other buses having been moved. I mean think about it, the rest of those routes in the Midway Terminal direction currently enter the mall lot from Cicero coming from the south. Route 382 buses (for PM rush Midway bound buses) do so from the north. That part implies the move is more construction related than the mall saying, hey we only want city transit buses on our property and not suburban ones. I think Busjack is right in his thought that would be too brazen a move by mall owners.

2 hours ago, cta5658 said:

Looks like another 77th fill in on a 103rd route, this time it's #1350 on the #108 Halsted/95th. I think 103rd is short of buses

Which would probably explain the reports of artics 4054 and 4064 being seen on routes from there instead of NP a few days ago and lend more evidence to some jumping the gun on thoughts of NP possibly snatching up the rest of the 4300s. 

2 hours ago, jajuan said:

Wouldn't it be reverse commute rush direction actually since buses on the route leaving the city serve the mall in the a.m. and buses toward the city do so in the p.m.?

Matter of viewpoint, since I was assuming that people going to the Clearing Industrial District were going to work.

My viewpoint was based on that 382 is a combination of the old 380 (Clearing) and 382 (Central), and, of course 380 was simply a work district bus.

3 minutes ago, artthouwill said:

Seemingly the majority of Ford City patrons come from the city. 

That does seem to be the case from what I have observed on 379 and 383. Most people who board the Pace routes at Ford City are going to Midway.

Since Cicero is a street where CTA serves local stops, but only major stops are served by Pace, having the Pace routes stay on Cicero makes sense. The Pace buses can go faster through the city segment of their routes. Ford City riders going to Midway can use 54B, and it's not a long walk to Cicero if someone did want to take Pace to the suburbs.

16 minutes ago, Pace831 said:

That does seem to be the case from what I have observed on 379 and 383. Most people who board the Pace routes at Ford City are going to Midway.

Since Cicero is a street where CTA serves local stops, but only major stops are served by Pace, having the Pace routes stay on Cicero makes sense. The Pace buses can go faster through the city segment of their routes. Ford City riders going to Midway can use 54B, and it's not a long walk to Cicero if someone did want to take Pace to the suburbs.

True.   I understand that this move is construction related.   However there is nothing I see at this time that makes me think that Pace will be in the Transit center.   Perhaps they will eventually,  but from what I've seen so far,  that doesn't appear to be the case. 

13 hours ago, Busjack said:

Matter of viewpoint, since I was assuming that people going to the Clearing Industrial District were going to work.

My viewpoint was based on that 382 is a combination of the old 380 (Clearing) and 382 (Central), and, of course 380 was simply a work district bus.

Fair enough. But notice the Clearing District is getting served in the same pattern as as Ford City by the 382, SB buses only during the morning and NB buses only in the evening rush. And commute direction between city and suburbs in general tends to be toward the city in the morning rush and away in the evening rush. The way Clearing service is set up on the route, it appears geared more toward workers traveling there who either commuted from further north and east utilizing the Orange Line or any of the CTA routes coming from further east that terminate at Midway station, which Is why I was thinking reverse commute direction.67 and 79 also come into play in regards to any Clearing Workers coming from further east. As you noted though, there are elements in play that could make it a matter of perspective.

13 hours ago, artthouwill said:

True.   I understand that this move is construction related.   However there is nothing I see at this time that makes me think that Pace will be in the Transit center.   Perhaps they will eventually,  but from what I've seen so far,  that doesn't appear to be the case. 

Well the question to be asked is how many bays will be available to the Transit Center when complete. If at least four bays are indeed available to the new terminal as I think remember was said would be the case, then that would suggest that Pace will be there in some way since only three CTA bus routes serve the mall. After all the Pace buses are actually passing through with the 23 year old extension to Midway to connect with the Orange Line and CTA buses serving the Orange Line Midway terminal while the CTA buses terminate and do layovers there. So it's probably still premature to say Pace is being kicked out of the mall permanently. However, looking at the fact that new bus terminal would be on the east side of the mall as opposed to the current west side location to make room for new retail businesses and restaurants, I suppose an argument could made in line with Pace831's post that suburban commuters heading to Midway Station probably wouldn't want the added travel time of buses looping to the east side of the mall instead of the west to justify making the move. 

23 hours ago, cta5658 said:

Looks like another 77th fill in on a 103rd route, this time it's #1350 on the #108 Halsted/95th. I think 103rd is short of buses

Yeah They have been short on buses over a week wonder why everyday for the past week I've been seeing few 1000s on the J14

8 hours ago, qwantae said:

Yeah They have been short on buses over a week wonder why everyday for the past week I've been seeing few 1000s on the J14

Apparently they're having service and maintenance issues with their artics. I too have seen a lot of 40 footers on the J14. 

Found this news story on my phone about some imbecile who jumped on the side of a moving Red Line train at Lake and held on to the side of a rail car until the train made it to Monroe. A guy who was standing by the door happened to shoot a video clip of this genius and posted it on YouTube, which caught the attention of local media. The dimwit even gave a thumbs up in the clip.

4 hours ago, artthouwill said:

Could be temporary as Chicago Avenue has routes that will be affected by the BOA Marathon Sunday.  The only FG routes affected besides the 56 are 76, 77, 152 near the Lake. 

You beat me to pointing out that this and 74th possibly sending 1560-66 anywhere could be related to the Chicago Marathon. It could be also be in addition to the Saturday morning International Chicago 5K. A number of routes will have replacement shuttles in place to cover how big some of the ensuing detours or short turns away from regular terminals are going to be this weekend. There's one for the 3 between Mies Van Der Rohe/Walton and McCormick Place that ran yesterday, will run again today, and tomorrow morning. There's going to be one tomorrow morning for the 22 between irving Park/Clark and Belmont/Halsted. There's one tomorrow morning for the 66 between Chicago/Clark and Navy Pier and one for the 146 between the Roosevelt Red/Orange/Green Lines and Museum Campus. A couple of the respective garages may require some extra buses to take care of the different weekend shuttle services. 

7 hours ago, Mr.cta85 said:

There may be a possible bus swap on the horizion guys. As I was pulling in around 10pm I saw 1560-66 I believe sitting outside the garage. So if you happen to catch those buses on another route besides 74th then that's what happened lol.

Saw #1565 on #60 this morning  on bustracker and #1391 is on #77 this morning on bustracker and #1760 at FG because on busfinder  it say it on 81W.