More Bus Moves

sw4400

55 minutes ago, Chammon Moore said:

FG received 1052-53 and 1351-1362 from NP/74th and 1052-53 received from 103 also FG received 1377 and 1379-1406 from 74th

I wonder if the recent fire of #6860 has anything to do with these moves because for what its worth I only count 41 buses so far sent to FG. Where's the other 30-33 buses that would break even with the loss? 

add #1600-#1602 to the list which is now up to 43.

5 minutes ago, YoungBusLover said:

I wonder if the recent fire of #6860 has anything to do with these moves because for what its worth I only count 41 buses so far sent to FG. Where's the other 30-33 buses that would break even with the loss? 

Yeah this is unnecessary retirement. They should come back. I agree just one bus's fire doesn't mean all the others would cause fire. They still got some life left in them till the next batch of new novas come.

6 minutes ago, Erin Mishkin Jr. said:

Yeah this is unnecessary retirement. They should come back. I agree just one bus's fire doesn't mean all the others would cause fire. They still got some life left in them till the next batch of new novas come.

There could be a number of factors as to why CTA decided to cut the cord, Incoming #600's could be one, the recent fire being two and three just the overall cost to maintain them at this point. Could all remaining #6400s be going under an emergency inspection due to the fire? Maybe, maybe not but there time was coming whether it be this summer or later this fall it doesn't hurt to make these moves now knowing what's coming in the near future. 

Just now, YoungBusLover said:

There could be a number of factors as to why CTA decided to cut the cord, Incoming #600's could be one, the recent fire being two and three just the overall cost to maintain them at this point. Could all remaining #6400s be going under an emergency inspection due to the fire? Maybe, maybe not but there time was coming whether it be this summer or later this fall it doesn't hurt to make these moves now knowing what's coming in the near future.  

i think their done cta decided to pull the plug on em

21 minutes ago, YoungBusLover said:

Spares maybe due to their age. 

• Upvote 1