More Bus Moves

sw4400

1 hour ago, YoungBusLover said:

77th loans for tonight due to limited artic usage

#8003,#8019,#8041,#8067,#1426,#1478,#1495, and #1502

So when it comes to artics being pulled off the road for stuff like this I’m guessing the extra board helps with the transitions to all 40fts to so recent gaps? Do all artic operators just pull in after reaching the terminal and grab a 40ft or just clock out for the day if going over legally allowed hours? 

9 hours ago, Sam92 said:

So when it comes to artics being pulled off the road for stuff like this I’m guessing the extra board helps with the transitions to all 40fts to so recent gaps? Do all artic operators just pull in after reaching the terminal and grab a 40ft or just clock out for the day if going over legally allowed hours? 

Well in certain situations yes, I remember telling everyone last week about operators having to call control about having artics on 79th while making a relief. There was a concerted effort to get them off the street and prior to operators checking to start there run they were told to not pull an artic out and to not take an artic while making a relief. As far as the extra board is concerned all runs are affected no matter what the situation is, if artics are held in and there aren't many available buses from 77th the next best thing is to borrow buses from south shops scheduled for return  to there home garages or borrow from whatever garage that has a spare ratio greater than ours. 

3 hours ago, YoungBusLover said:

Well in certain situations yes, I remember telling everyone last week about operators having to call control about having artics on 79th while making a relief. There was a concerted effort to get them off the street and prior to operators checking to start there run they were told to not pull an artic out and to not take an artic while making a relief. As far as the extra board is concerned all runs are affected no matter what the situation is, if artics are held in and there aren't many available buses from 77th the next best thing is to borrow buses from south shops scheduled for return  to there home garages or borrow from whatever garage that has a spare ratio greater than ours. 

Yea we did that at K a while back had to borrow some from C you know they always got extras

• Upvote 2

7 hours ago, Erin Mishkin Jr. said:

image.thumb.png.acd86c7e2d0ae46d036f20036b9ad744.pngWas reading some older posts in this forum and I saw the post about this stop request signal. This is on 6770, and it's also got a gray door too instead of the normal black.

The OG door proably broke so they used a door from another bus that was knocked off

• Like 1