More Bus Moves

sw4400

5 hours ago, YoungBusLover said:

At least you feel the same way because other than that I'm at a loss. 

Based off whose trading it has to be milage based cause north park and 74th have 2 different demands to fill. North park is AM heavy and a lot of peak heavy deadheading and with 74th PM heavy and mostly cross south side trunk lines. 

• Upvote 1

29 minutes ago, Erin Mishkin Jr. said:

There is only one 103rd DE60LF out rn and that’s 4194. Quite unusual seeing just D40LF’s on the 6 Jackson Park express. There are only 5 D60LFR’s out and just one 103rd DE60LFR out right now. Chicago, Kedzie, and 77th have lots of DE60LF’s operating now. What’s up with that?

When it snows, they pull the 60ft on LSD due to blizzard in 2011. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Erin Mishkin Jr. said:

There is only one 103rd DE60LF out rn and that’s 4194. Quite unusual seeing just D40LF’s on the 6 Jackson Park express. There are only 5 D60LFR’s out and just one 103rd DE60LFR out right now. Chicago, Kedzie, and 77th have lots of DE60LF’s operating now. What’s up with that?

77th was trying pull them off the routes before the snowstorm really got going this afternoon, there were even some kept in and weren't being given to operators to pullout so a bottleneck happened with a lot of us having to wait for an available 40 footer to pullout.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, YoungBusLover said:

Yeah that is true, 74th has had the block for so long and didn't get much relief after the major moves took place last spring. I think every garage made moves except 74th up until this point.

6 made a few moves when they send some to FG for a while then got a few 15's back from K but it was small wasnt big like the other garages

As noted, the D40LF swaps between NP and 74th are mileage swaps. CTA did the same with the MAN Americanas, the TMCs, the Flx 5300s and the Flx 6000s when each of those bus models were in their later years of service. I want to say they also did this with the NABI artics, but after the disastrous way those particular buses got retired, it's pretty safe to conclude that the mileage balancing issue with those was driven largely by just how badly built those buses were. 

As for the artics being sidelined, it seems snowy weather was also a concern today. There were very few out this morning for AM rush service. I physically spotted only one from K on the 12, only one physically seen from NP and that one was on the 148 though BusTracker indicated one on the 147 three buses ahead of the NB 147, none from C, one from 77th on the 4 and 103rd was the big winner in artic use with all the J14 runs I did observe being artic operated and half the runs I spotted on the 6 being artics. But you could still tell that even at 103rd AM rush artic use was conspicuously lower than normally seen. Bustracker is showing an increase of artics for PM rush over what was out this morning, but the overall number of artics on the road at this moment of me writing this post is still noticeably lower than the norm. 

• Upvote 2

6 hours ago, NewFlyerMCI said:

I thought 103rd sent artics out on the 29 and 28 for routes returning from downtown for evening peak, like the 26?

Outside of special events (for 29) and the one Kenwood school trip on stony, artics on those 2 routes tend to happen when 103rd has a lot of artics and swing between regular and non regular occurrences. The artics that interline with downtown routes come from trips off mainly school trips on 15, 28, 30,34, 95, 106, 112 and I think one off 71st and one off 100 but the 71 might be a 169 interline. 

• Thanks 1