More Bus Moves

sw4400

5 hours ago, NewFlyerMCI said:

Yeah, so imagine letitng Western buses pass you to finally get your Ford City bus and then have to get off at Pulaski. So as I understood it, apparently they did with the 54B but no word on the 67. Drivers would alight all the passengers, then continue on the route as normal. So you could ride from Ford City & west of Pulaski back east, but not headed west.

As for the 87, probably just distance. The Ford City terminal is at 76th, right? So by that point, the 67 is only 5 blocks away and the 79 is only 3 blocks away. The 87 is 11 blocks away. Personally, there might be more merit in sending the 54B further south, but that's a different discussion.

Sometimes I wonder why the 53A doesn't make a loop into the Ford City terminal. I doubt anyone would be coming and going there though.

5 hours ago, NewFlyerMCI said:

As for the 87, probably just distance. The Ford City terminal is at 76th, right? So by that point, the 67 is only 5 blocks away and the 79 is only 3 blocks away. The 87 is 11 blocks away. Personally, there might be more merit in sending the 54B further south, but that's a different discussion.

Yeah but the #67 is coming from pulaski 71st. That's more than 5 blocks. Guess they are justifying it by saying it serves Daley college. If #87 were serving two customers, you could say ok, but Ford City serves more than 2 people. The #67 seems to have gained alot of ridership. You know what's kind of weird. If the orange line ran to Ford City, I bet the #87 would serve it. You know because the #79 is not all that reliable it seems to me people have flocked to the more reliable #67. They seem to have equal ridership out of Ford city. 

2 hours ago, BusHunter said:

Yeah but the #67 is coming from pulaski 71st. That's more than 5 blocks. Guess they are justifying it by saying it serves Daley college. If #87 were serving two customers, you could say ok, but Ford City serves more than 2 people. The #67 seems to have gained alot of ridership. You know what's kind of weird. If the orange line ran to Ford City, I bet the #87 would serve it. You know because the #79 is not all that reliable it seems to me people have flocked to the more reliable #67. They seem to have equal ridership out of Ford city. 

I’d say it’s also the fact that 69th Red Line has so many transfers that serving ford city through the 67 was a better choice. 

6 hours ago, BusHunter said:

I wouldn't say its because of lack of reliability due to on-time performce, but rather just consistency. Without glancing at the schedule, I'm pretty sure more 67 buses are going to Ford City vs 69th/Western, compared to the 79 trips going to Ford City vs 79th/Western.

4 hours ago, NewFlyerMCI said:

I wouldn't say its because of lack of reliability due to on-time performce, but rather just consistency. Without glancing at the schedule, I'm pretty sure more 67 buses are going to Ford City vs 69th/Western, compared to the 79 trips going to Ford City vs 79th/Western.

Eh they both alternate every other bus mostly with 79th being the more frequent of the two. I’d still say it’s a matter of more 69th being a big transfer spot. Compared to 87th, the 67 going to ford city not only accommodates a red line rider going to ford city but also riders from the 30, 71, and 29 and a shorter ride to ford city from those transfers at that 

2 hours ago, Sam92 said:

Eh they both alternate every other bus mostly with 79th being the more frequent of the two. I’d still say it’s a matter of more 69th being a big transfer spot. Compared to 87th, the 67 going to ford city not only accommodates a red line rider going to ford city but also riders from the 30, 71, and 29 and a shorter ride to ford city from those transfers at that 

He'll they should run the 67 to Ford city why not try to improve service like they claim they always are but the time is improve the the wait times I say they need to start there first

Back in the day the #79 would be packed coming out of Ford City. Now it's more like a quarter to half a bus ridership. There are times in the early morning where I barely see a 79, where I might see 2 or 3 #67's. I dont think so much that it's a shorter ride on #67 from the red line, it's that it's faster. Sometimes I hold my bus a few minutes, so the #79 riders can transfer to my shuttle. Then 2 come and this is like 7 in the morning. This is sitting for 30 minutes. I get an hour to pullout. What is the sense of a shuttle with no connection. 

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, BusHunter said:

Back in the day the #79 would be packed coming out of Ford City. Now it's more like a quarter to half a bus ridership. There are times in the early morning where I barely see a 79, where I might see 2 or 3 #67's. I dont think so much that it's a shorter ride on #67 from the red line, it's that it's faster. Sometimes I hold my bus a few minutes, so the #79 riders can transfer to my shuttle. Then 2 come and this is like 7 in the morning. This is sitting for 30 minutes. I get an hour to pullout. What is the sense of a shuttle with no connection. 

When I said shorter I meant time wise. 67th doesn’t have the long stretch of commercial corridor and the associated traffic to crawl through that 79th does so that’s part of why 67 tends to be more reliable as you pointed out. I think west of western period just tends to be dead which is why all 3 routes discussed tend to have the short turns there basically during all daytime hours. I’d even consider Ford City essentially a daytime extension of the 79 to an extent.