More Bus Moves

sw4400

This afternoon, Forest Glen's Nova 6807 is on the #8 (a route that's normally operated entirely out of 77th).

That would explain why FG is using #500's on #90. If they have lost 10 or 11 buses, then they would be short buses. Looks like instead of 77th receiving artics their just getting more novas..

Well if Kedzie is getting 4300's now, the 900's(and perhaps 800's too) might be moved to North Park, maybe even some 1000-Series blocks.

Don't read too much into two buses out of place. If and when they get more 4300s, they'll probably more likely do like 103rd and move some artics out first as they have very few routes that use artics not just in the rush periods but also in the off peak, specifically the 151 short trips not all of which still use artics, the 156 all day on the weekdays, and as far as the weekends go 12 and 151. As I noted yesterday, all the rest of the 900s and all of the 800s are still at Kedzie leading me to still say 901 and 903 are loans. 103rd didn't increase their overall artic counts so it's doubtful Kedzie will use 4300s to do so.

That would explain why FG is using #500's on #90. If they have lost 10 or 11 buses, then they would be short buses. Looks like instead of 77th receiving artics their just getting more novas..

Again as I mentioned to sw above don't read too much into the sighting of so few buses out of place, in this case the number being only one so far. Now if 6808-6818 also found their way to 77th then you can come to that conclusion.

Again as I mentioned to sw above don't read too much into the sighting of so few buses out of place, in this case the number being only one so far. Now if 6808-6818 also found their way to 77th then you can come to that conclusion.

Definitely a fill-in. Forest Glen still had 6810s on their routes at that time.

In addition, tonight 74th's New Flyer bus 1115 is on the #36 Broadway route. Another fill-in.

Well if Kedzie is getting 4300's now, the 900's(and perhaps 800's too) might be moved to North Park, maybe even some 1000-Series blocks.

I don't think so about 900s/800s moving, I seen #906 this morning on #7 Harrison on Adams/ Sears Tower (Yes I still call it "Sears" not Willis) .

I saw 903 on 35,th tofay and I thought I saw 908 yesterday.

Your sighting confirmed my suspicion that 901 and 903 were loaned to NP a few days ago when one or the other was spotted on the 22, 36 and 155 on different days. So the hypothesis given by sw that the 800s and 900s were going anywhere was in error it appears. But the bigger question now is how is it the two north side garages are finding themselves short buses if NP is borrowing here and there from Kedzie and 74th while FG is putting 500s on rush hour and general weekday runs of routes that are better served by 40 footers?

The latest Channel 7.1 newscast on the prisoner who was supposed to be returned to Indiana to serve a 60 year sentence, but was released by the Cook County Sheriff's office included that the prisoner "was given a CTA pass with one fare and two transfers on it."

So, detectives, where did he go next? On the 60 or 94 bus, and then where?