More Bus Moves

sw4400

The latest Channel 7.1 newscast on the prisoner who was supposed to be returned to Indiana to serve a 60 year sentence, but was released by the Cook County Sheriff's office included that the prisoner "was given a CTA pass with one fare and two transfers on it."

So, detectives, where did he go next? On the 60 or 94 bus, and then where?

Reported that he was picked up in Kankakee.

So, did he take the 60 bus to Union Station and bum a ride on Amtrak? Or did George Ryan's driver pick him up? Or do we care? :P

• Upvote 1

Spotted 4333 on 151 Sheridan. Came out of Kedzie Garage. K445.

Interesting that a clean diesel has left the original 103rd nest already. Question now would be if it's a reassignment or loan. I think Sam would probably be upset if the answer turns out to be reassignment.

Kinda funny to me. :lol:

The play on words was spontaneous but our friend Sam was noting in the rosters garage rosters thread before your 4333 sighting on a Kedzie 151 run that 103rd was at 54 artics. On a serious note though with artics being his favorite type of bus if I'm remembering him mentioning that correctly, I don't think he'd like it if 4333 is a reassignment to Kedzie instead of Kedzie getting clean diesel artics out of what's left to be delivered and/or prepped to go into service.

Interesting that a clean diesel has left the original 103rd nest already. Question now would be if it's a reassignment or loan. I think Sam would probably be upset if the answer turns out to be reassignment.

Nah. Its not the fact of them leaving 103rd that upsets me, the fact that they still cram them at P and K instead of 77th baffles me. How many more artics are NP and K gonna get and what other routes can they go on? Unless they plan on sharing or reassigning some of Glen's busiest runs to those two (rts 56, 77, 80, 92, 152 etc.).

The play on words was spontaneous but our friend Sam was noting in the rosters garage rosters thread before your 4333 sighting on a Kedzie 151 run that 103rd was at 54 artics. On a serious note though with artics being his favorite type of bus if I'm remembering him mentioning that correctly, I don't think he'd like it if 4333 is a reassignment to Kedzie instead of Kedzie getting clean diesel artics out of what's left to be delivered and/or prepped to go into service.

4333 and 4336 have been assigned to Kedzie.

Nah. Its not the fact of them leaving 103rd that upsets me, the fact that they still cram them at P and K instead of 77th baffles me. How many more artics are NP and K gonna get and what other routes can they go on? Unless they plan on sharing or reassigning some of Glen's busiest runs to those two (rts 56, 77, 80, 92, 152 etc.).

Well I've been saying that for the longest and it brought up the discussion of 'oh well they don't have many artic capable garages so what do we expect' when that part of the discussion wasn't my issue in this. It's the fact that they do have FOUR garages that are artic capable but they continue to act as if there are only three and keep cramming them into two that don't really need them as much with one express route that used artics gone (145) and two others structured in such a way that they only use artics in the PM rush (143, 148). Even with the beefed up service on what's left of the north Lake Shore express routes overall post December 16, the ridership on them has now evened out in such a way that we're seeing 40 foot buses on a few more runs than we used to (minimum 3 or 4 regular runs, by regular I mean runs that operate round trips and not those that deadhead before and after a peak direction trip, done with a 1000 series on either 146 or 147 compared to none or maybe one before the decrowding plan went in place). And some local routes that used artics like the 22 and 151 have now been using them over shorter periods out of the day. Even 156 has been operating more runs with 40 footers in addition to its regular artic usage.

Speaking of reassignment, as far as the North Park artic routes are concerned, for some reason I seem to see a bit more 40 footers on 146, 147, and 151 more often than usual.

I referenced that in my post above. I was attributing it to the added service on those leaving more artics not just less crowded as they were hoping for but also half empty which leaves room to place more 40 foot buses on those routes even with the fact that North Park is even more stacked with artics than it was before December 16. And to that point, at this hour four of the buses in service on the 147 are 1000s. And the same number are in service on the 146. Before this new pick that brought the decrowding plan, most of the time we would see none on either route most of the time in the weekday midday hours and if we did it was no more than one. Similar situation has been occurring on 135 and 136 in the AM rush where each is now seeing more 40 foot buses than before, though in the PM rush those two have still been fairly heavily artic run with the number of 40 foot buses used still in line with what was observed before the new pick.

I referenced that in my post above. I was attributing it to the added service on those leaving more artics not just less crowded as they were hoping for but also half empty which leaves room to place more 40 foot buses on those routes even with the fact that North Park is even more stacked with artics than it was before December 16. And to that point, at this hour four of the buses in service on the 147 are 1000s. And the same number are in service on the 146. Before this new pick that brought the decrowding plan, most of the time we would see none on either route most of the time in the weekday midday hours and if we did it was no more than one. Similar situation has been occurring on 135 and 136 in the AM rush where each is now seeing more 40 foot buses than before, though in the PM rush those two have still been fairly heavily artic run with the number of 40 foot buses used still in line with what was observed before the new pick.

Which brings us to the second part of my post. If the routes from those two garages that heavily used artics didn't see an increase in artic use (in fact the opposite with 145 gone), what do they plan on doing with the additional 30 they've just aquired?? The only other possibility is a plan to share our eventually reassign some of FG's routes to those two so routes like 77, 80, 92, 56, and 152 can get coverage. If not then they need to quit fooling and give 77th its share. Especially now that they run the 8 in addition to routes 3, 4, 79, and 87.

Which brings us to the second part of my post. If the routes from those two garages that heavily used artics didn't see an increase in artic use (in fact the opposite with 145 gone), what do they plan on doing with the additional 30 they've just aquired?? The only other possibility is a plan to share our eventually reassign some of FG's routes to those two so routes like 77, 80, 92, 56, and 152 can get coverage. If not then they need to quit fooling and give 77th its share. Especially now that they run the 8 in addition to routes 3, 4, 79, and 87.

Well Kevin has the 56 and 92 listed as now being shared with NP to add to what sharing they were already doing on the 152. I don't recall having seen artics on those two yet personally, but a few other members have mentioned seeing an artic or two from NP on the 56 IIRC.

I would agree that 56, 77, 80, 92, & 152 along with the extra artics should go to North Park. I think doing this should help decrowd those trips.

I would agree that 56, 77, 80, 92, & 152 along with the extra artics should go to North Park. I think doing this should help decrowd those trips.

He didn't say they should go to North Park. He said they should be shared with North Park. What would Forest Glen have left to operate and how would you justify it having roughly 250 buses if you put those routes completely at North Park? Plus North Park already has extra artics and his point on that as well as mine is that that particular garage doesn't need any more extra artics and whoever is in charge of bus assignments needs to come off whatever they're smoking and get real that they need to start utilizing the one other current artic capable garage, 77th, for artics that are displaced by the LFR artics being delivered. Also I already noted that Kevin lists 56 and 92 as now being shared by North Park under the decrowding plan. 152 was already being shared before this pick and the decrowd plan went into effect.

He didn't say they should go to North Park. He said they should be shared with North Park. What would Forest Glen have left to operate and how would you justify it having roughly 250 buses if you put those routes completely at North Park? Plus North Park already has extra artics and his point on that as well as mine is that that particular garage doesn't need any more extra artics and whoever is in charge of bus assignments needs to come off whatever they're smoking and get real that they need to start utilizing the one other current artic capable garage, 77th, for artics that are displaced by the LFR artics being delivered. Also I already noted that Kevin lists 56 and 92 as now being shared by North Park under the decrowding plan. 152 was already being shared before this pick and the decrowd plan went into effect.

I agree also that 77th should have some artics that are displaced, but I'm also positive that routes 77 & 80 could use some artics. 77 because of how often they were already operating before 12/16. 80 because of the 2/7/10 eliminated X80 Irving Park Express.

I agree also that 77th should have some artics that are displaced, but I'm also positive that routes 77 & 80 could use some artics. 77 because of how often they were already operating before 12/16. 80 because of the 2/7/10 eliminated X80 Irving Park Express.

Just because the X80 was eliminated is not a reason in and of itself that the 80 should have artics.

The X54 was eliminated, too. Should the 54 have artics? What about the 55, just because the X55 is gone?

Just because the X80 was eliminated is not a reason in and of itself that the 80 should have artics.

The X54 was eliminated, too. Should the 54 have artics? What about the 55, just because the X55 is gone?

I disagree. When Lakeview lets out, sometimes those Irving Park buses get so crammed, you can't board them or they pass you by. If anything, Irving Park should have a few artics during the times when students go to school and depart from school.

And 77 needs artics most likely all the time. Not all artics, but at least 1-2/run, maybe add another 1-2 for the rush periods because that Blue Line Subway stop at Kimball is ridiculous. If they don't, then start a a/b skip stop service so people requiring this bus don't have to watch jammed bus after jammed bus pass them.

• Upvote 2

I disagree. When Lakeview lets out, sometimes those Irving Park buses get so crammed, you can't board them or they pass you by. If anything, Irving Park should have a few artics during the times when students go to school and depart from school.

And 77 needs artics most likely all the time. Not all artics, but at least 1-2/run, maybe add another 1-2 for the rush periods because that Blue Line Subway stop at Kimball is ridiculous. If they don't, then start a a/b skip stop service so people requiring this bus don't have to watch jammed bus after jammed bus pass them.

Well I don't disagree. It's not a valid enough reason to say the 80 needs artics because the X80 is gone. Now the points you made about Irving Park buses being crammed and passing up stops because of the crush loads? That's a more valid reason to look at the 80 having some artics.