New Eldorados?

artthouwill

Presenting bus #12402 on the 715. An all white bus with a green stripe on the sides and what appears to be a Pace bus sticker towards the rear, almost like they slapped it on.  No route number sign on the back of the bus, but route info are on both sides. This also appears to be a 35 foot bus as it's bigger than the current Eldos, old and new. 

This was seen this morning, but as of now, it's not reflected on the tracker as of yet. 

20220208_064119.jpg

20220208_063353.jpg

20220208_063311.jpg

2 hours ago, rotjohns said:

Presenting bus #12402 on the 715. An all white bus with a green stripe on the sides and what appears to be a Pace bus sticker towards the rear, almost like they slapped it on.  No route number sign on the back of the bus, but route info are on both sides. This also appears to be a 35 foot bus as it's bigger than the current Eldos, old and new. 

This was seen this morning, but as of now, it's not reflected on the tracker as of yet.

Must be one of the two buses Dekalb transferred to Pace to avoid penalties to the federal government for not needing them before the expiration of their service life. I couldn't find the reference on Pace's site, but Dekalb's resolution is here. Good find.

5 hours ago, rotjohns said:

20220208_064119.jpg

20220208_063353.jpg

20220208_063311.jpg

This is the Pace equivalent of the Marvel baseball cap & sunglasses "disguise"

On 2/8/2022 at 7:01 AM, rotjohns said:

20220208_064119.jpg

20220208_063353.jpg

20220208_063311.jpg

What garage is this out of?

The four ElDorado buses the City of DeKalb purchased were operated by Voluntary Access Center, DeKalb, however from 1/1/21 Paratransit provision moved to Transdev who operate Huskie Lines.

https://vacdk.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/10/Passenger-Communication-Final.pdf

Route 21 is a local route in Sycamore.

The Huskie line roster on CPTB dated 9/2021 does not show any of the four owned. Perhaps all 4 are with Pace 12400/1 40', 12402/3 35'?

On 2/8/2022 at 10:12 AM, Busjack said:

Must be one of the two buses Dekalb transferred to Pace to avoid penalties to the federal government for not needing them before the expiration of their service life. I couldn't find the reference on Pace's site, but Dekalb's resolution is here. Good find.

Pace 831 reported on 1/15/20 that:-

"Pace will be acquiring two OTR coaches from the City of DeKalb, according to the January board meeting."

1 hour ago, busfan2847 said:

Pace 831 reported on 1/15/20 that:-

"Pace will be acquiring two OTR coaches from the City of DeKalb, according to the January board meeting."

That would have been 2 years ago?  The buses currently being discussed are transit buses and someone posted a picture of one of those 2 transit buses recently.  

4 hours ago, busfan2847 said:

The four ElDorado buses the City of DeKalb purchased were operated by Voluntary Access Center, DeKalb, however from 1/1/21 Paratransit provision moved to Transdev who operate Huskie Lines.

The Huskie line roster on CPTB dated 9/2021 does not show any of the four owned. Perhaps all 4 are with Pace 12400/1 40', 12402/3 35'?

The memo I cited said they had 4 buses, but that these 2 were unnecessary, and TransDev didn't want them because they had Gilligs. Searching the DeKalb website didn't indicate any disposition of the other 2 buses.

3 hours ago, artthouwill said:

That would have been 2 years ago?  The buses currently being discussed are transit buses and someone posted a picture of one of those 2 transit buses recently.  

2 years ago seems about right. The last mention on the DeKalb website was Jan, 2020, and nothing about them has been heard until recently.

13 hours ago, BusHunter said:

Seems weird acquiring a bus that is already 10 years old.

1. As art pointed out, at the time they were 8 years old.

2. This is just a service life play. Pace didn't pay anything for the buses; it was just a way for DeKalb to avoid having to repay approx. $325K to the Feds because Pace is an FTA recipient that presumably would use the buses. Sort of the same as NY MTA unloading its Grummans on NJT.

• Upvote 1

21 hours ago, Busjack said:

1. As art pointed out, at the time they were 8 years old.

2. This is just a service life play. Pace didn't pay anything for the buses; it was just a way for DeKalb to avoid having to repay approx. $325K to the Feds because Pace is an FTA recipient that presumably would use the buses. Sort of the same as NY MTA unloading its Grummans on NJT.

And given it's at MV Batavia, which now only has 2 active routes (they had more pre-pandemic) and only runs M-F, should be fine for a bit.  

2 hours ago, rotjohns said:

And given it's at MV Batavia, which now only has 2 active routes (they had more pre-pandemic) and only runs M-F, should be fine for a bit.  

Which makes me wonder why Pace sent them the bus, since some buses originally assigned to the Westmont-Clarendon Hills contract are on the tracker for 715.

@rotjohnsis there a big shift change at Argonne that indicated a need for a bit bigger bus?

On 2/11/2022 at 10:19 AM, Busjack said:

Which makes me wonder why Pace sent them the bus, since some buses originally assigned to the Westmont-Clarendon Hills contract are on the tracker for 715.

@rotjohnsis there a big shift change at Argonne that indicated a need for a bit bigger bus?

My inclining is no.  When I captured that bus, it was in the Brookhaven Shopping Center in Darien at 6:30 am, which is the ending point if it doesn't go to Argonne.  The next 2 buses after that go to Argonne and they would've been 2600s.  So can't imagine that's the reason.  And looking into the tracker this morning, 12402 is not on there, but it's all 2600s (3 on 715 as normal and 2 on 711 as normal).  So I don't see the justification of putting a 35-footer there.  

16 hours ago, andrethebusman said:

12401,12402 CC084071,4073 ex Voluntary Action Center DeKalb as of 7/21/20, assigned Highland Park per Pace. Interesting they are NOT on 1/1/22 roster but Pace did admit to them on a supplemental request.

The only conceivable use would be for Ravinia. Certainly not for fixed routes.

1 hour ago, busfan2847 said:

See top of Page 12402, the 35' one, has been used by MV Batavia on the 715.

Again, we know that. We were commenting on Andre apparently doing a FOIA to determine where they were rostered for the 2 years before that.

Now, if you can tell us where 12401 has been...........

13 minutes ago, andrethebusman said:

Huskies Line has traditionally had used buses in their fleet.  I remember driving 29 year old buses with them, so I don't know when the 15 year age limit came into being.  Teansderv, Brolin, Vancouver. AtC, and whatever else they were called, always transferred used buses to Huskies Line.   I

I wouldn't be surprised if these buses were 12 years old already.   That gives Dekalb and NIU 3 years of usage before having to swap them out.