Annual Holiday Bus

sw4400

31 minutes ago, Pace831 said:

That's a good title for including the word "annual" as the holiday train thread does. Actually I didn't know the first poster could edit the title, I thought only moderators could do that.

In essence, I am the moderator of this topic, being the creator. I have the power to change the title or delete the topic. The only thing I don't have the power to do is lock it or remove posts of other members..... that's where @Kevin, @MetroShadow and @garmon757 come in.

1 minute ago, garmon757 said:

@sw4400 @Pace831 if the topic should be named Annual Holiday Bus, then I have no problem with sw or myself changing it if y'all like. 

The new title is fine by me, but I might suggest calling it "Annual Holiday Bus" just so either you (Garmon) or sw4400 can avoid the minor inconvenience of changing it each year. My original suggestion was that the title reflect the fact that the thread included last year's discussion, and probably will include future years. Including the word "annual" accomplishes that.

• Upvote 2

21 minutes ago, Pace831 said:

The new title is fine by me, but I might suggest calling it "Annual Holiday Bus" just so either you (Garmon) or sw4400 can avoid the minor inconvenience of changing it each year. My original suggestion was that the title reflect the fact that the thread included last year's discussion, and probably will include future years. Including the word "annual" accomplishes that.

Gotcha. 

On 11/24/2016 at 2:51 PM, Pace831 said:

On 11/24/2016 at 3:13 PM, garmon757 said:

Gotcha. 

I was thinking the same thing as Pace831 when you made the change Garmon, but didn't have time to put the suggestion out there before he did. I agree that "Annual Holiday Bus" eliminates that little inconvenience of changing it every year due to having a year in the title. 

4 hours ago, Pace831 said:

Santa opened the windows to make it feel more like riding in his sleigh.

Noticeable changes to the Holiday Bus:

-Wheels in the center and rear have decorative guards on them

-Alcoa rims look to be painted a dark blue this year. Previously, they were white. I'd think CTA would've kept the white Alcoa rims or go with red or green, to keep it Christmas-like.

19 minutes ago, mel bernero said:

The 2015 Holiday Bus had the middle and rear wheel guards and "Sprint" in a number of places.CTA 4387 Skokie Yellow Line.JPG

The 2014 debut model didn't(Picture). I love blue(what Cubs fan doesn't), but the blue Alcoas I don't agree with for the Holiday Bus. They should've stuck with Christmas colors, IMO. White, red or green.

6 hours ago, sw4400 said:

The 2014 debut model didn't(Picture). I love blue(what Cubs fan doesn't), but the blue Alcoas I don't agree with for the Holiday Bus. They should've stuck with Christmas colors, IMO. White, red or green.

The blue continues whatever is on the bottom of the wrap, whatever that is. Maybe the sleigh is water skiing, bit I guess it is the sky.

14 hours ago, sw4400 said:

To back up what @Busjack noted, the blue rims better matches the dark blue colors of what's supposed to be the night sky depicted on the side of the bus.  Now had they depicted some clouds, then they could have kept the white colored rims of the previous years. But they didn't so the blue actually makes more sense with what the side picture is. And there are not Christmas trees depicted on the sides, so red or green would have clashed with what's actually shown on the outside of the bus. 

• 4 weeks later...
  • 11 months later...

Well it's that time of year again. CTA has posted this year's schedule for its Holiday Bus and its Holiday Trains on its website. This year's local sponsor for both is Jewel-Osco. Holiday and Santa's Workshop trains have already been out since 11/18 with the next lines seeing them being the Green and Orange lines having them today. The first bus route to get the Holiday Bus is the #56 right now. Service started SB at Desplaines/Lake at 12:20 PM and it should now be NB somewhere in or near downtown as I write this post. It'll be on the #56 again tomorrow starting with a full SB trip leaving Jefferson Pk at about 12:30 and then back NB for a full trip back to Jefferson Pk from downtown. Photo sessions with the bus will be about 3:35-4:35 PM at Jeff Pk.

UPDATE: BusTracker reveals it to be still downtown on Madison approaching La Salle and shows this year's holiday bus to be 4374.

• Thanks 1

• 11 months later...