Annual Holiday Bus

sw4400

5 hours ago, strictures said:

That is one ugly mess on that bus!  I'll be sure to never ride it, no matter how bad the weather is!  Same for the holiday train.  I hate enforced & alleged merriment!

In other news, travelers riding home from work were treated to a nice surprise when the Holiday Train or Bus arrived. When asked about their faces filled with joy, they replied “We like having fun in our lives!”

:P

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, mel bernero said:

Same graphics as last year, but it says Allstate instead of Jewel/Osco. Instead of a red nose, it has a green nose.

CTA_4374_2018_Allstate_Holiday_Bus_Jefferson_Park_Blue_Line.JPG

According to the schedule, it was on 56 today, and won't be on 92 until tomorrow. I'm assuming this is run as an extra, so are they using this bus on an "unscheduled" trip, or is the sign wrong?

What's the van used for? To transport Santa and his helpers?

1 hour ago, Pace831 said:

According to the schedule, it was on 56 today, and won't be on 92 until tomorrow. I'm assuming this is run as an extra, so are they using this bus on an "unscheduled" trip, or is the sign wrong?

It comes off of 92 from Kedzie/Foster to Jeff park just doesn’t show up on tracker then goes on the 56

2 hours ago, Pace831 said:

To clean up after the reindeer of course.xD

• Haha 2

• 11 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Mr.NewFlyer1051 said:

what do all of them mean? 

Depends on the letter but they all mean that bus was stored midday either at lower randolph (SR), Navy Pier (SN), hickory (SH) or a return from south shops (SS). It basically cuts back on fuel by having one bus take multiple drivers back and forth between rush hours vs every single bus pulling in and out

3 minutes ago, Sam92 said:

Depends on the letter but they all mean that bus was stored midday either at lower randolph (SR), Navy Pier (SN), hickory (SH) or a return from south shops (SS). It basically cuts back on fuel by having one bus take multiple drivers back and forth between rush hours vs every single bus pulling in and out

What’s hickory? 

3 minutes ago, Sam92 said:

It basically cuts back on fuel by having one bus take multiple drivers back and forth between rush hours vs every single bus pulling in and out

I’m confused on this 

SR=lower Randolph 

SN=Stored at Navy Pier 

SH=Hickory?

SS=return from shops

10 hours ago, Mr.NewFlyer1051 said:

What’s hickory? 

I’m confused on this 

SR=lower Randolph 

SN=Stored at Navy Pier 

SH=Hickory?

SS=return from shops

Those are the locations that the buses are stored midday instead of having to drive back and forth to the garage. 

13 hours ago, Sam92 said:

13 hours ago, Mr.NewFlyer1051 said:

What’s hickory? 

I’m confused on this 

SR=lower Randolph 

SN=Stored at Navy Pier 

SH=Hickory?

SS=return from shops

2 hours ago, Mr.NewFlyer1051 said:

Where’s hickory? And oh thanks now I know 

Correct me if I wrong, but I believe SH is actually Halsted and not Hickory

2 hours ago, NewFlyerMCI said:

4 hours ago, Mr.NewFlyer1051 said:

8129 was on 66 last night it said SS-XXX I wonder why it was stored all the way there midday

SS runs are buses that are down there for repairs and get a trip in service on the way back to the home garage. And Hickory is the name of the facility where Halsted buses stage midday

• Thanks 1

On 12/4/2019 at 1:45 PM, Sam92 said:

SS runs are buses that are down there for repairs and get a trip in service on the way back to the home garage. And Hickory is the name of the facility where Halsted buses stage midday

On 12/4/2019 at 11:36 AM, NewFlyerMCI said:

The Hickory place is on Division St. right after the Eastern bridge going WB, on the left you are going to see a CTA center.