5000-series - Updates

greenstreet

So then what happened to #2681-82, #2733-34, #2788-89, #2837-38, #2919-22? I can't find those on the system. Possible retirements??? My roster has 130 #2600's on Orange, 402 on Blue, and 26 on Red. Going by what you say 120 Orange, 404 Blue and 18 on Red, (really those count to 16 cars) my roster is heavy or over capacity by 18 cars, so theoretically 18 more #2600 cars should be retired or on LTH, no?? 

OK now I see you have 28 LTH and 29 scrapped, that is out of what? can't be 600 as some have been gone awhile.

Didn't say 29 scrapped recently, just 29 total off property...

2651-52, 2919-20 on Blue

2733-34, 2789-90, 2837-38 on Orange

2921-22 still Red

"dead" list is 2609-10, 2617-28, 2635-26, 2660, 2759-60, 2763-64, 2787-88, 2801-02, 2893-98, 2947-48, 3062, 2087-88, 3171-72

• Upvote 3

In the picture verive.m posted, the maps looked brand new. They aren't removing them either. Each day there's just more and more proof that they're planning on putting those cars back in service on the Orange Line; we just have to wait and find out.

But Andre's chart indicates they aren't assigned there now. Like the Purple Line train to Midway using equipment not assigned to the Purple Line, there's fishy stuff going on there, but no real explanation for having about 1450 cars, 98th Yard having any 2600s, or why the 5000s couldn't have been taken from 63rd Yard directly to Midway Yard.

But Andre's chart indicates they aren't assigned there now. Like the Purple Line train to Midway using equipment not assigned to the Purple Line, there's fishy stuff going on there, but no real explanation for having about 1450 cars. 98th Yard having any 2600s, or why the cars couldn't have been taken from 63rd Yard directly to Midway Yard.

Yes but going by Andre's chart, then they would only have 16 #2600's off Red they could retire. That leaves 130 cars not retired out of the 200. And guess what, Orange line has just enough #2600's to fill that 130 car scrapping slot. So something will happen soon for the Orange line or the scrapping of #2600's is done.

Didn't say 29 scrapped recently, just 29 total off property...

2651-52, 2919-20 on Blue

2733-34, 2789-90, 2837-38 on Orange

2921-22 still Red

"dead" list is 2609-10, 2617-28, 2635-26, 2660, 2759-60, 2763-64, 2787-88, 2801-02, 2893-98, 2947-48, 3062, 2087-88, 3171-72

Ok thanks for clearing up my confusion. I updated the roster and everything seems to fall into place/makes sense. I just have the 4 cars #2681-82 and #2788-89 that are questionable retirements but I'm going to assume since the roster numbers are correct they are retired or lth's.

Edited by BusHunter

Ok thanks for clearing up my confusion. I updated the roster and everything seems to fall into place/makes sense. I just have the 4 cars #2681-82 and #2788-89 that are questionable retirements but I'm going to assume since the roster numbers are correct they are retired or lth's.

2681-82 are on Blue. 2788-89 is a bad number. 2789-90 are Orange, 2787-88 are LTH

2681-82 are on Blue. 2788-89 is a bad number. 2789-90 are Orange, 2787-88 are LTH

Ok thanks. now we have it straightened out. I didn't even catch the bad number. That would explain it. xD I also updated the #2600 series retirement list, so we should be all up to date. BTW, you didn't mention #2641-42. It was mentioned on here that was spotted on a flatbed. So it was not going to scrapper when it was seen?

Any idea what is going on at FG with the #6400's? I have 270 buses there and that exceeds their normal 257 count. Unless the buses are really that bad and they need all the spares they can get. i could have swore last week I saw #6462 on the #88, so I'm looking for it because it might be back. Son of a gun, it's on #56 right now. At least now i know i wasn't seeing things!! xD

Edited by BusHunter

• 2 weeks later...

I swear I just saw a 5000 series on the brown line. All 8 cars were LED signed and the back car had Amber LED run numbers. The cars looked like they had interior LED lights as well. Saw them going SB from Fullerton...gonna go see if I can catch them back North. Could also have been rehabbed 3200s I guess.

Edit: haha, funny post, Matthew :P we shall find out later!

Here we wait like birds in the wilderness, birds in the wilderness, birds in the wilderness! Here we wait like birds in the wilderness, waiting for run 417! Or not. I know I saw an 8-car train with brown signs...417 was a 4-car 3200...am I going crazy? xD

Edited by briman94
  • Upvote 1

I tweeted to the CTA last night about the mystery train and never heard back. Seems like they haven't been replying to tweets as much lately. I was sitting in my school cafeteria looking out towards the tracks and saw red line, mystery train, and then another red line all within a few minutes so there's virtually no chance it was a red line (three trains in 5 minutes is unheard of on a Sunday night). The signs (all 8 of them) were brown, and looked like they said something longer than "Loop" even though it was southbound. The run number on the back was illuminated amber. The interior lights were blue-ish like the 5000s.

The only thing I can think is maybe a special test train or something, but it had in-service signs. It was the only 8-car brown line I saw all day.

After 38 new Bombardier 5000 Series were transferred by highway trailer, the last two new units, CTA #5713-5714 finally made it into revune service Friday, Oct. 30, where to participated on the Reopening Ceremony of the Yellow Line. Thanks to ChicagoTransit.org visitor and a good friend, C. K. Ellison, for sharing his photographer skills, and who also goes by the name of ...................

12048706_1124424310901729_1575986794_n.j

Shown Dempster/Skokie, the final 5000 series are on the left, on the inbound track.

12118720_1124411487569678_16717939063751

12202053_1124424300901730_584807760_n.jp

The final 5000 series are seen on the inbound and the outbound tracks at Oakton/Skokie station. 

Edited by chicagopcclcar
  • Upvote 3

After 38 new Bombardier 5000 Series were transferred by highway trailer, the last two new units, CTA #5713-5714 finally made it into revune service Friday, Oct. 30, where to participated on the Reopening Ceremony of the Yellow Line. Thanks to ChicagoTransit.org member, C. K. Ellison, for the photographer skills.

12048706_1124424310901729_1575986794_n.j

Shown Dempster/Skokie, the final 5000 series are on the left, on the inbound track.

12118720_1124411487569678_16717939063751

12202053_1124424300901730_584807760_n.jp

The final 5000 series are seen on the inbound and the outbound tracks at Oakton/Skokie station. 

Don't recognize a C.K Ellison on Chicagotransit.org... what is her username on this forum here? If that's her actual name, that's fine. But I just did a member search for C.K Ellison and turned up nothing. You should credit it as the following... Thanks to ChicagoTransit.org member, C. K. Ellison(Username: ##########)

Don't recognize a C.K Ellison on Chicagotransit.org... what is her username on this forum here? If that's her actual name, that's fine. But I just did a member search for C.K Ellison and turned up nothing. You should credit it as the following... Thanks to ChicagoTransit.org member, C. K. Ellison(Username: ##########)

His* :P CK goes by Juniorz on the forum, but watermarks all his photos by his real name.

• Upvote 4

sw4400 the "CK" are my initials, I AM A GENTLEMAN and yes, the photos used are produced by the one and only "Juniorz"! I have also provided photos for the "Chicagobus.com XE40's 700-series" http://chicagobus.org/buses/700-xe40/photos page! 

You may also see my work featured in the Facebook Group "Chicago-L" and recently on "www.Chicago-L.org" 

I appreciate chicagopcclcar's  presentation of the final 5000-series railcars, as chicagopcclcar has delivered extensive coverage of the final deliveries of the 5000-series (via Skokie South) and I extended the honor of letting chicagopcclcar deliver the final message of the final launch of the final 5000s.

Sincerely,

#Juniors #CKEllison...........................................U know the rest!

Edited by Juniorz
  • Upvote 2

sw4400 the "CK" are my initials, I AM A GENTLEMAN and yes, the photos used are produced by the one and only "Juniorz"! I have also provided photos for the "Chicagobus.com XE40's 700-series" http://chicagobus.org/buses/700-xe40/photos page! 

You may also see my work featured in the Facebook Group "Chicago-L" and recently on "www.Chicago-L.org" 

I appreciate chicagopcclcar's  presentation of the final 5000-series railcars, as chicagopcclcar has delivered extensive coverage of the final deliveries of the 5000-series (via Skokie South) and I extended the honor of letting chicagopcclcar deliver the final message of the final launch of the final 5000s.

Sincerely,

#Juniors #CKEllison...........................................U know the rest!

I apologize to you, Juniorz.... I didn't know who you were by your real life initials chicagopcclcar mentioned you as in the post above. His original unedited post read like this...

After 38 new Bombardier 5000 Series were transferred by highway trailer, the last two new units, CTA #5713-5714 finally made it into revune service Friday, Oct. 30, where to participated on the Reopening Ceremony of the Yellow Line. Thanks to ChicagoTransit.org member, C. K. Ellison, for her photographer skills.

That's why I referred to C.K Ellison as a "her" in my reply to him. I did not mean any offense to you as I thought this was a new member on chicagotransit.org as he used the C.K Ellison name to give credit to you without your chitransit.org username in parenthesis since it was totally different(e.g: Stanley Garmon=garmon757). Now I know that C.K Ellison and Corey Ellison is you in the copyrights to photos.

Again, I do apologize.......:/

I apologize to you, Juniorz.... I didn't know who you were by your real life initials chicagopcclcar mentioned you as in the post above. His original unedited post read like this...

After 38 new Bombardier 5000 Series were transferred by highway trailer, the last two new units, CTA #5713-5714 finally made it into revune service Friday, Oct. 30, where to participated on the Reopening Ceremony of the Yellow Line. Thanks to ChicagoTransit.org member, C. K. Ellison, for her photographer skills.

That's why I referred to C.K Ellison as a "her" in my reply to him. I did not mean any offense to you as I thought this was a new member on chicagotransit.org as he used the C.K Ellison name to give credit to you without your chitransit.org username in parenthesis since it was totally different(e.g: Stanley Garmon=garmon757). Now I know that C.K Ellison and Corey Ellison is you in the copyrights to photos.

Probably more of a typo on chicagopcclcar! But yes, I do watermark my photos and yes i am not afraid to admit that I am CK Ellison (aka Juniorz). I was a little offended, but now that you have explained yourself, I do forgive!

Keep watching for more "Juniorz Productions"

I fail to see where my ORIGINAL post lead you, sw4400, to believe I was talking about a female photographer. Fortunately, you can't accuse me of editing this time....the good graces of the "quote" stands as evidence...."After 38 new Bombardier 5000 Series were transferred by highway trailer, the last two new units, CTA #5713-5714 finally made it into revune service Friday, Oct. 30, where to participated on the Reopening Ceremony of the Yellow Line. Thanks to ChicagoTransit.org member, C. K. Ellison, for the photographer skills."  No female pronoun reference.

I know.....some might say "leave it alone."  My conviction is we must be more careful in questioning.......and is the questioning really that necessary??

David Harrison  

• Upvote 3

I fail to see where my ORIGINAL post lead you, sw4400, to believe I was talking about a female photographer. Fortunately, you can't accuse me of editing this time....the good graces of the "quote" stands as evidence...."After 38 new Bombardier 5000 Series were transferred by highway trailer, the last two new units, CTA #5713-5714 finally made it into revune service Friday, Oct. 30, where to participated on the Reopening Ceremony of the Yellow Line. Thanks to ChicagoTransit.org member, C. K. Ellison, for the photographer skills."  No female pronoun reference.

I know.....some might say "leave it alone."  My conviction is we must be more careful in questioning.......and is the questioning really that necessary??

David Harrison  

chicagopcclcar no need to explain, all is forgiven! Even though the true nature of my identity is now "exposed" O.o (thanks briman94:| ) I'm just more concerned about getting footage of the final set! 

On a side note, a curious mind would like to know why the  questioning was brought up in the first place?

Edited by Juniorz
  • Upvote 3