• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, BusHunter said:

Hey did you guys know. I saw a gallery car that was repainted to match the new engine livery. Dont know if it's still there but it was in the western yard on the grand side right there by california outside the shop. Could they be repainting gallery cars? 

If they're going to repaint them, I'd rather they went back to the C&NW's yellow & green.

9 hours ago, BusHunter said:

Hey did you guys know. I saw a gallery car that was repainted to match the new engine livery. Dont know if it's still there but it was in the western yard on the grand side right there by california outside the shop. Could they be repainting gallery cars? 

The new Metra livery? Or the California Cars' Surfliner livery?

5 hours ago, strictures said:

If they're going to repaint them, I'd rather they went back to the C&NW's yellow & green.

Maybe its a generational thing, but I'd be just fine never seeing that green and yellow come down the tracks ever xD

2 hours ago, WCR said:

Rumors are true, bad picture but it serves its purpose.

20190425_154109.jpg

Funny that you mentioned this.. yesterday I passed by the yard and notice a engine running... then I thought to myself is that the F40c running? I was on the left but knew where the F40c's are parked... I hope go ahead and get them rebuilt... it would be nice from a heritage perspective. 

On 4/23/2019 at 7:02 AM, NewFlyerMCI said:

The new Metra livery? Or the California Cars' Surfliner livery?

Maybe its a generational thing, but I'd be just fine never seeing that green and yellow come down the tracks ever xD

The new metra livery it's still there it's just a matter of me snapping a pic of it

7 hours ago, NewFlyerMCI said:

Yeah, never mind what I said, I'll take the forest green and mustard yellow over this any day. The Metra scientists were so preoccupied with whether or not they could, they didn't stop to think about whether or not they should. That just looks so, so bad.

I couldnt help but laugh about your comments yeah it does look tacky. Maybe they are just experimenting with what looks good. They need to paint the bottom blue it would help it to look better. It needs to look more like the locos. They look better. Too much orange here not enough blue  maybe make the black more on the roofline. Then it might look good 

31 minutes ago, BusHunter said:

I couldnt help but laugh about your comments yeah it does look tacky. Maybe they are just experimenting with what looks good. They need to paint the bottom blue it would help it to look better. It needs to look more like the locos. They look better. Too much orange here not enough blue  maybe make the black more on the roofline. Then it might look good 

So far the only cars that have been repainted in this livery are from a batch built in 1956 by Pullman-Standard (7651-7681) and a number of them have been repainted although only 7664 has been used in service, I think (SWS). These were among the first withdrawn by Metra with 15 going to VRE. 7675 at Western Avenue has been there for months with the repaint not finished - masking tape on the windows etc. Perhaps they are having a rethink!

7882 was a MARC one that has been in service with Metra since 2016. Probably at KYD for repair.