Random CTA

NewFlyerMCI

28 minutes ago, BusHunter said:

Yeah I know. I drive the city too. Hey at least you have a bulletproof shield. I thought the windshield is bulletproof too I may be wrong. I dont really have anything to protect me. My coworkers are scared driving overnight in the high crime areas. I just try to work as smart as I can limiting my time in the unsafe areas. That's about all I can do. Stay away from groups of people. Do you notice most shootings especially the drive by type happen to groups of people. So maybe you can reduce your odds. I have had a brick thrown at my bus from a group. It's good to wear some glasses in case someone busts your windshield but it should shatter instead of break. Try not to let your guard down. We had a hijacked bus one day. If it doesnt feel right dont do it. It brings a whole new meaning to drive defensively. 

Man imma do whatever I need to go make it home cuz I be promising mt daughter that I will come home I cant break that 

7 hours ago, Policeman said:

I certainly have to agree with this. For all the issues I did have with CTA's handling of the pandemic, having been in Memphis, DC, Baltimore, Philly and NYC during the Feb-Sept period when it was most serious, CTA was the most reliable (especially having become a CTA-Pace rider for the first time that summer). I know it wasn't easy, but the agency definitely persevered. And to make it through with no serious service cuts, that's remarkable as well. To the bus drivers and other CTA personnel on this forum, a thanks to you all as well, I'm sure you all were tested more than once.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, NewFlyerMCI said:

I certainly have to agree with this. For all the issues I did have with CTA's handling of the pandemic, having been in Memphis, DC, Baltimore, Philly and NYC during the Feb-Sept period when it was most serious, CTA was the most reliable (especially having become a CTA-Pace rider for the first time that summer). I know it wasn't easy, but the agency definitely persevered. And to make it through with no serious service cuts, that's remarkable as well. To the bus drivers and other CTA personnel on this forum, a thanks to you all as well, I'm sure you all were tested more than once.

It's all good bro the pandemic aint scare me I've been threw worster shit when I was in the marines

So I noticed a couple things during my run this morning, For the first time in a while I've a seen few artics on the 136 with full loads. Probably a one off seeing as the PM runs are usually empty 40 footers. Another thing I noticed is the Navy Pier terminal now has a second charging tower. Either I wasn't paying attention or that has always been there since the construction.

1 minute ago, YoungBusLover said:

So I noticed a couple things during my run this morning, For the first time in a while I've a seen few artics on the 136 with full loads. Probably a one off seeing as the PM runs are usually empty 40 footers. Another thing I noticed is the Navy Pier terminal now has a second charging tower. Either I wasn't paying attention or that has always been there since the construction.

Same area as the current 66 charger?

28 minutes ago, YoungBusLover said:

yea i was riding the blue line this morning SB trains are packed to the door

29 minutes ago, YoungBusLover said:

Don’t say that cause LaSalle opening back up means doordash drop offs to Loading docks There and wacker drive??. Are you at NP now or are you one of the guys with an AM on the 120’s and got to pass by them? 

Speaking of runs how’s Post COVID  seniority looking? Think enough drivers are gone that I’d have more of a choice in what to pick now?    My gf calls me crazy but I wouldn’t mind being at NP and working something like 146 or Sheridan. Seems like they give enough layovers to where being late doesn’t affect at least a quick leg stretch or two 

3 hours ago, NewFlyerMCI said:

Same area as the current 66 charger?

Yeah its right the end of the first one on Grand near the Navy Pier side entrance. 

3 hours ago, Mr.NewFlyer1051 said:

yea i was riding the blue line this morning SB trains are packed to the door

Yeah everything as far as the AM/PM runs are getting back to there normal congested packed selves ?.

2 hours ago, Sam92 said:

Don’t say that cause LaSalle opening back up means doordash drop offs to Loading docks There and wacker drive??. Are you at NP now or are you one of the guys with an AM on the 120’s and got to pass by them? 

Haha that's where they send DoorDash drivers? I'm still at 77th but I usually work the #2 during the mornings when needed, I was sitting EB at Lakeshore Dr and notice a SB 136 #4398 with a full bus. I kind of laughed seeing that because it's been so long seeing LSD routes with full loads on artics. ?

3 hours ago, Sam92 said:

Speaking of runs how’s Post COVID  seniority looking? Think enough drivers are gone that I’d have more of a choice in what to pick now?    My gf calls me crazy but I wouldn’t mind being at NP and working something like 146 or Sheridan. Seems like they give enough layovers to where being late doesn’t affect at least a quick leg stretch or two 

I'll say that depending on the day the runs are okayish, I picked for more days off than extra hours knowing I would transition into FT later this month. I needed a break after grinding hard last year during the pandemic. Part time runs were getting removed more and more with each pick since last year which really squeezed everyone's pockets as Part timers. 24 hour combination picks weren't the hot commodity around the garage for PTs and as far as FTs go the runs were sort of sparse as well to some extent. The fall pick will really give me a gage on where CTA is heading as far as runs are concerned because right now its sort of a crap shoot for what is available. Seniority wise the extra board is like the wild wild west though.

image.thumb.png.c2efe420602cc0446e8895e2b53b807e.png

I took a ride on 1926 this morning on the 77 and this was the first really packed bus I was on. Ye 77 is busy and this is the busiest bus I have been on lol. Got on at Harlem and there was a driver change at Central but the second driver was picking up much more people than the first. Glad to be on a ex-NP 19xx since I missed riding those I last rode on one in 2015. Kinda bummed the heating was up all the way but still was a good ride

1 hour ago, YoungBusLover said:

Yeah its right the end of the first one on Grand near the Navy Pier side entrance. 

Yeah everything as far as the AM/PM runs are getting back to there normal congested packed selves ?.

Haha that's where they send DoorDash drivers? I'm still at 77th but I usually work the #2 during the mornings when needed, I was sitting EB at Lakeshore Dr and notice a SB 136 #4398 with a full bus. I kind of laughed seeing that because it's been so long seeing LSD routes with full loads on artics. ?

Yessss and if you’re unlucky a loading dock can add 45 min to a drop off ??  usually only one  manual controlled elevator. I decline any order where the customer isn’t gonna meet cause I refuse to be that biker zigzaging or blowing lights. 1980s bikes are too heavy for that ?. If 136 is going back to normal I guess this the end of artics at 77th

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Sam92 said:

Yessss and if you’re unlucky a loading dock can add 45 min to a drop off ??  usually only one  manual controlled elevator. I decline any order where the customer isn’t gonna meet cause I refuse to be that biker zigzaging or blowing lights. 1980s bikes are too heavy for that ?. If 136 is going back to normal I guess this the end of artics at 77th

There wasnt that many yesterday and #4032 was broke down at 79th kedzie. I had to maneuver my bus around his. Looked like there was more service cause they had the smaller buses. 

1 hour ago, Sam92 said:

When you describe it like that I can agree that I wouldn't want any parts of that area either. Once the fall pick gets here I'd hope to see something happen but I doubt it. 

1 hour ago, BusHunter said:

There wasnt that many yesterday and #4032 was broke down at 79th kedzie. I had to maneuver my bus around his. Looked like there was more service cause they had the smaller buses. 

I remember having a brief discussion with one of the maintenance guys last week and he told me that the models that are usually oos the most are the 7900s and the 4000s. I wasn't surprised by that statement one bit. 

3 minutes ago, YoungBusLover said:

When you describe it like that I can agree that I wouldn't want any parts of that area either. Once the fall pick gets here I'd hope to see something happen but I doubt it. 

I remember having a brief discussion with one of the maintenance guys last week and he told me that the models that are usually oos the most are the 7900s and the 4000s. I wasn't surprised by that statement one bit. 

Forest glen must be maintaining their 7900 series very well barely any of them end up OOS a lot but do head to Ss from time to time and some break down from time to time too

4 hours ago, Erin Mishkin Jr. said:

Forest glen must be maintaining their 7900 series very well barely any of them end up OOS a lot but do head to Ss from time to time and some break down from time to time too

Yea & FG aren't hard on their buses like all of the other garages are