Random CTA

NewFlyerMCI

43 minutes ago, Sam92 said:

Another thing that may help is converting routes to drop off only when another route that is jsut starting overlaps. Example, 4 would only drop off passengers north of Roosevelt since the 3 is in the same area, 3 would drop off only north of wacker once the 146, 147 and 151 transition to Michigan, etc. that way you help buses get in position for a return trip faster by separating boarding and alighting patterns a bit more. 

Seattle and Minneapolis do dedicated/staggered stops downtown, where a set of routes will stop at one stop, skip the next one or few, then stop again. Both of these ideas could work in tandem with each other, although I think that means routes would have to be consolidated to like Dearborn/Clark or Dearborn/Michigan, etc

1 hour ago, Sam92 said:

Wow so you can do center running and not even need double sided artics? Back to Chicago I feel loop link is pretty good compared to before 

Same. I usually catch the J14 from OTC or Washington/Wells, and the longest part of my downtown trip is always Washington/Michigan to Michigan/Balbo. We spend maybe 7-10 max (usually) on Washington, and that's at the height of rush hour.

18 minutes ago, NewFlyerMCI said:

Same. I usually catch the J14 from OTC or Washington/Wells, and the longest part of my downtown trip is always Washington/Michigan to Michigan/Balbo. We spend maybe 7-10 max (usually) on Washington, and that's at the height of rush hour.

Wow you’ve probably seen me. I live on 67th ?

22 minutes ago, NewFlyerMCI said:

Seattle and Minneapolis do dedicated/staggered stops downtown, where a set of routes will stop at one stop, skip the next one or few, then stop again. Both of these ideas could work in tandem with each other, although I think that means routes would have to be consolidated to like Dearborn/Clark or Dearborn/Michigan, etc

Yeah I’m familiar with seattles set up like the 3rd Ave bus only street and the DSTT tunnel. Too bad they kicked the buses to the surface for light rail. Then 41 gets replace with the link train at some point 

5 hours ago, YoungBusLover said:

The best streets to do bus lanes on are South Pulaski, Stony Island, North Ave, Irving Park and maybe sections of Roosevelt in my honest opinion. Having bus lanes would work I don't care what anyone says because when the headways are actually 7-12 minutes consistently without the traffic the wait doesn't seem as long and this is without manpower issues. As far as Ashland/Western corridors are concerned businesses on the northside would be effected by bus lanes but to what degree though? If they're only used during peak rush there's not much to complain about as long as enforcement is done properly to keep things running smoothly. The CTA and the City needs to create some sort of plan to help educate the public better on how bus lanes are very beneficial to certain corridors during peak rush hour which is 5 am - 9 am and 3 pm - 7:30 pm. That isn't a bad time slot for some businesses to bare the weight of. 

Well if you think so then they need to try it but as for enforcement he'll the police better stop riding in the bus lanes then cuz when I do the 52 or 66 am or pm rush I see them riding in the bus lane all the time but a have the nerve to blue light somebody if they see em riding in it & also bus drivers better stay in their many times ive seen after a driver then merged back in they will drive & take up 2 lanes & again come to the garage complaining about drivers driving in both lanes

32 minutes ago, Mr.NewFlyer1051 said:

im on the 81 147 and 3 everyday sometimes 26 and/or J14??

I’m also a frequent user of the 147 and sometimes the 26 (when I’m in town at least) ??. Haven’t been a regular on the 81 since I was little, I used to be at the Boys & Girls club and Hull House since my mother worked up there.

8 hours ago, NewFlyerMCI said:

Yeah, I imagine I've probably seen the most forum members here w/o realizing, cause I also take some of the same routes @Mr.NewFlyer1051 take and @YoungBusLover drives.

If you're ever on the 2,3,4,8 or 87 then you've probably seen me with a serious face and shades ?.

34 minutes ago, Erin Mishkin Jr. said:

On Saturday night there was a fight downtown involving the bus operator of a DE60LF and the operator had to be sent to the hospital after trying to protect themselves. Number of DE60LF is unknown

It was more than just a fight.  A large mob attacked him.  Video here: