Random CTA

NewFlyerMCI

34 minutes ago, YoungBusLover said:

It's on Legal Hold awaiting scrap, that bus has severe damage and has been striped of many key components that would make it inoperable. You're best bet would be trying to get #6163, the fresh moves bus aka #6127,#6227 or even the #4900s.

20210814_094325.jpg

20210814_094358.jpg

20201220_150818.jpg

Dam last ive seen that bus was in tack but what happened to it what kinds crash was it in & I think I'll go for others then its only 1 4900 that runs & that 1 been sold already 

38 minutes ago, YoungBusLover said:

It's on Legal Hold awaiting scrap, that bus has severe damage and has been striped of many key components that would make it inoperable. You're best bet would be trying to get #6163, the fresh moves bus aka #6127,#6227 or even the #4900s.

20210814_094325.jpg

20210814_094358.jpg

20201220_150818.jpg

I wonder what's up with 6127 then motor or trans wise?

1 hour ago, Shannoncvpi said:

Dam last ive seen that bus was in tack but what happened to it what kinds crash was it in & I think I'll go for others then its only 1 4900 that runs & that 1 been sold already 

Something had to happened to it during a move from 2010-2012 I not sure as to what though. The remaining 4900s left seem to be in a condition that could resolve in possible restoration especially the command bus. 

1 hour ago, Shannoncvpi said:

I wonder what's up with 6127 then motor or trans wise?

Well most likely in 2014 when it was retired yet again the fluids and lines were drained and cut so I don't know. 

30 minutes ago, Shannoncvpi said:

@YoungBusLover or is 6043 in ok shape I only seend the back if it the other day

#6043 is in a similar state as #6031, interior and exterior are just a total loss and the best that you could attempt is strip them of whatever parts that are left and can be used.

1 hour ago, YoungBusLover said:

Something had to happened to it during a move from 2010-2012 I not sure as to what though. The remaining 4900s left seem to be in a condition that could resolve in possible restoration especially the command bus. 

Well most likely in 2014 when it was retired yet again the fluids and lines were drained and cut so I don't know. 

#6043 is in a similar state as #6031, interior and exterior are just a total loss and the best that you could attempt is strip them of whatever parts that are left and can be used.

Aw ok I most definitely wanted either 1 of those but now now I see 6127 is the only flex in the best shape a or if its only 5300's left & yea I know 6031 was sitting behind the booth inside k after it was retired then it went into the parking lot & sat there from 2012 to 13 so it must have crashed being driven from K to 7 & on the 4900 1 of of my homies just got 1 of them and gone take some time to move it from cta to his house

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, NovaBusFan said:

lol 6 gears? That’s odd usually there is only 3 gears but I could be wrong. In my opinion is the 5th and 6th gears high speed?

I think 3 gears stopped when flyers came in the pic cause after @YoungBusLoverpojnted it out I admit I can hear the 6 ranges I just thought the high pitched part that comes in was something else 

29 minutes ago, Sam92 said:

I think 3 gears stopped when flyers came in the pic cause after @YoungBusLoverpojnted it out I admit I can hear the 6 ranges I just thought the high pitched part that comes in was something else 

Yeah all of the buses dating back to the TMC had 4-6 Speed automatic transmissions in relation to them being ZF. I can only assume a handful of you haven't heard of all 6 gears in one sequence unless you're riding an LSD express route but even then none of the current fleet have 3 speed transmissions baring the hybrids and electric buses not to sure on there components. 

58 minutes ago, Shannoncvpi said:

Aw ok I most definitely wanted either 1 of those but now now I see 6127 is the only flex in the best shape a or if its only 5300's left & yea I know 6031 was sitting behind the booth inside k after it was retired then it went into the parking lot & sat there from 2012 to 13 so it must have crashed being driven from K to 7 & on the 4900 1 of of my homies just got 1 of them and gone take some time to move it from cta to his house

Yeah 5454 and 5643 are in the same state as the other bused I've mentioned. They're a lost cause except #5678. I'm surprised CTA let anyone purchase a 4900 after all these years. 

4 minutes ago, YoungBusLover said:

Yeah all of the buses dating back to the TMC had 4-6 Speed automatic transmissions in relation to them being ZF. I can only assume a handful of you haven't heard of all 6 gears in one sequence unless you're riding an LSD express route but even then none of the current fleet have 3 speed transmissions baring the hybrids and electric buses not to sure on there components. 

Based off what I’m hearing the 4000s and anything hybrid based is most likely using a CVT in which instead of a gear range attached to a certain speed as with regular automatics, a cvt is basically constantly reading your engine and adjusting how much power needs to be fed based on that which is why you get such an ongoing droning sound on those. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, YoungBusLover said:

Yeah 5454 and 5643 are in the same state as the other bused I've mentioned. They're a lost cause except #5678. I'm surprised CTA let anyone purchase a 4900 after all these years. 

Yea they did & I remember seeing 5454 thats was in pieces & I think it had scrap wrote on it aint see 5643 but I know 5678 got a blown motor cabt say which number but its still in running shape been started & all 

2 hours ago, Sam92 said:

Based off what I’m hearing the 4000s and anything hybrid based is most likely using a CVT in which instead of a gear range attached to a certain speed as with regular automatics, a cvt is basically constantly reading your engine and adjusting how much power needs to be fed based on that which is why you get such an ongoing droning sound on those. 

No wonder why they the 400p's have so much issues it got that junkie ass CVT trans

14 hours ago, YoungBusLover said:

Sadly most of the Flxibles look a little torn up just like most of the survived Fishbowls, C40LFs and DE40LFs, while #804 still looks in descent shape despite the missing drivers side window. I thank god that all of the #900s are not fully gone because #905 is still kicking it back there while most of the windows are completely stripped and the interior is jacked.

1 hour ago, rl12383 said:

There were waits of an hour plus last night (Thanksgiving) on the Blue line... And CTA alerts mentioned delays on most lines. Guess no one showed up to work. was not fun standing out in the cold for that long...

Yeah there a small amount of trains last night while these operators said F today??

There were waits of an hour plus last night (Thanksgiving) on the Blue line... And CTA alerts mentioned delays on most lines. Guess no one showed up to work. was not fun standing out in the cold for that long...

Yeah I got cussed out so much last night while operating on Halsted. At one point I was the only bus out there and it wasn't a snooze fest as far as picking up passengers go. I'm not mad at my fellow coworkers taking off for the holidays but as I've stated in the past before normally before the winter pick you'll see a dip in service all across the system. 

1 hour ago, Policeman said:

People wanted to spend time with family ??

So did the people who depend in public transportation to get to their families or to get to and from work.   These same drivers ir operators would be furious ismf a package they were expecting was delivered late or a store was out if stock for something they needed.   No one forced them people to take a job ar CTA.  There should have gone to work at a post office or a van.  Just because a day is designated a holiday doesn't mean you are entitled to be off.   What if the police took off,  what if firefighters took iff,  what if hospitals  closed in holidays?  People are incredibly selfish  

1 hour ago, artthouwill said:

So did the people who depend in public transportation to get to their families or to get to and from work.   These same drivers ir operators would be furious ismf a package they were expecting was delivered late or a store was out if stock for something they needed.   No one forced them people to take a job ar CTA.  There should have gone to work at a post office or a van.  Just because a day is designated a holiday doesn't mean you are entitled to be off.   What if the police took off,  what if firefighters took iff,  what if hospitals  closed in holidays?  People are incredibly selfish  

Well I'll just say this and I can't speak for all the operators but a good majority are burned out after the last two years. Does that make it a reasonable excuse? Some could argue no but in the grand scheme of things a lot of the manpower has just been short this year and with many PTBO's getting turned over in the last several months. Some have been moved around the system and runs during the weekend haven't been filled which are normally part timers runs. Sunday's in itself are even worse during the holidays because the service is cut by more than half when manpower shortages occur.