Random CTA

NewFlyerMCI

1 hour ago, Smolensk said:

It was more than just a fight.  A large mob attacked him.  Video here:

This is beyond sad.  Teenagers are totally out of control.   No parenting whatsoever.   The so called Srate'S Attorney doesn't prosecute anyone. Somehow Kim Foxx keeps getting reelected.   

I saw a YouTube video of the top ten cities losing large Black populations and Chicago is the first city mentioned.  I'm sure Blacks aren't the only ones leaving, and it will be only a matter of time before Houston overtakes Chicago as the nation's third largest city.  Houston is one of the 19 cities gaining large Black populations.

Add to this mix the legalization of Marijuana,  the perpetuation of violence in so called hip hop being played on WGCI AND POWER 92, amongst a boat load of other things mak the future look very bleak 

CTA drivers on this forum.   If you think something hit your bus, stop and report it. Call the police.   Do not get off the bus.   Don't open up the doors.  

4 hours ago, artthouwill said:

This is beyond sad.  Teenagers are totally out of control.   No parenting whatsoever.   The so called Srate'S Attorney doesn't prosecute anyone. Somehow Kim Foxx keeps getting reelected.   

I saw a YouTube video of the top ten cities losing large Black populations and Chicago is the first city mentioned.  I'm sure Blacks aren't the only ones leaving, and it will be only a matter of time before Houston overtakes Chicago as the nation's third largest city.  Houston is one of the 19 cities gaining large Black populations.

Add to this mix the legalization of Marijuana,  the perpetuation of violence in so called hip hop being played on WGCI AND POWER 92, amongst a boat load of other things mak the future look very bleak 

CTA drivers on this forum.   If you think something hit your bus, stop and report it. Call the police.   Do not get off the bus.   Don't open up the doors.  

If something hit my bus long as it dont break the window I dont care I just keep on going it aint my bus so oh well

• Upvote 1

13 hours ago, Sam92 said:

Sometimes I wish I had my CCW and could be on scene to help scare these assholes off. 

I hate to break it to you but some of those teens down there are carrying illegal firearms so pick your poison with that.  

12 hours ago, artthouwill said:

It'll be a sad day when someone does something to these kids and the ignorance of the black community will try to deflect and blame the person who's defending themselves versus these kids. Kim Foxx keeps getting reelected due to negligence of the voters not taking the time to research her and other candidates when going to polls, actually going out to vote and also having limited options when it comes to elections. As far as the initial incident is concerned I'm still confused as to why he got off the bus with everything going on down there at the time. Then it appeared he was heading northbound onto Michigan from Washington but his bus was stopped in the middle of the intersection which leaves me to believe those teens were throwing stuff at his bus while he was attempting to turn and may of gotten in front of him which then made him get off because before he got assaulted he seemed relaxed as if nothing would happen to him seeing as CPD is within close proximity. Nonetheless the entire situation could of been avoided had he not gotten of the bus. If I hear a thud of some sorts i'm going to check my bus a few blocks up the street where the turmoil isn't taking place. That's just me though.   

7 hours ago, Shannoncvpi said:

If something hit my bus long as it dont break the window I dont care I just keep on going it aint my bus so oh well

Yeah I agree with you, as long as there's no damage to the windows, mirrors or windshield I'm going to keep on trucking and avoid unnecessary paperwork in the office after my run. 

26 minutes ago, YoungBusLover said:

I hate to break it to you but some of those teens down there are carrying illegal firearms so pick your poison with that.  

It'll be a sad day when someone does something to these kids and the ignorance of the black community will try to deflect and blame the person who's defending themselves versus these kids. Kim Foxx keeps getting reelected due to negligence of the voters not taking the time to research her and other candidates when going to polls, actually going out to vote and also having limited options when it comes to elections. As far as the initial incident is concerned I'm still confused as to why he got off the bus with everything going on down there at the time. Then it appeared he was heading northbound onto Michigan from Washington but his bus was stopped in the middle of the intersection which leaves me to believe those teens were throwing stuff at his bus while he was attempting to turn and may of gotten in front of him which then made him get off because before he got assaulted he seemed relaxed as if nothing would happen to him seeing as CPD is within close proximity. Nonetheless the entire situation could of been avoided had he not gotten of the bus. If I hear a thud of some sorts i'm going to check my bus a few blocks up the street where the turmoil isn't taking place. That's just me though.   

Yeah I agree with you, as long as there's no damage to the windows, mirrors or windshield I'm going to keep on trucking and avoid unnecessary paperwork in the office after my run. 

Exactly shit during the summer a mf threw a brick at my bus I looked at the end of the line it put a dent in the bus but the bus was dented up anyways so I just said oh well it aint like people gone notice now a window or mirror yea but he hit the body of it 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, YoungBusLover said:

Are there not enough police to do like before and force them on the trains back south? 

7 minutes ago, Sam92 said:

Are there not enough police to do like before and force them on the trains back south? 

Tbh CTA needs better security and needs metal detectors at each station to deter any weapons someone has. The ridership is growing and the rising crime on CTA has risen 30% on buses and trains. I remember that time when multiple teens were charged after they’ve did mob beating on the Red Line a few years ago. 

2 hours ago, NovaBusFan said:

Tbh CTA needs better security and needs metal detectors at each station to deter any weapons someone has. The ridership is growing and the rising crime on CTA has risen 30% on buses and trains. I remember that time when multiple teens were charged after they’ve did mob beating on the Red Line a few years ago. 

Metal detectors are notoriously unreliable, will be unevenly deployed (in such a way that will stoke political and racial tensions), and won't really curtail anything, especially since the majority of weapons incidents happen on buses, where this option won't work. It will only kill ridership. There's no feasible solution for implementing metal detectors in stations that assuages safety concerns and doesn't stymie ridership growth.

Also, source for your stat? One would think the pandemic would've actually caused a dip, but we are some months out of lockdown, so it wouldn't be that surprising.

2 hours ago, Sam92 said:

The thing is the amount of police they had down there that night was a decent amount but like in years past they drop the ball every time they have advance notice of these events occurring from social media intel.  Notice how they keep happening in the same location year after year, the plan they had in place was the same plan they've used in years past. Coral them like cattle and force them on to trains rather than buses hoping they go home. That approach takes too long to get done and this point its time to start sending a message to these young people about zero tolerance for this kind of behavior. These events have happened year round with similar results each time. I bet if CPD started arresting and charging  bigger amounts of them they'd think twice before doing that stuff again. Enough is enough.

44 minutes ago, NewFlyerMCI said:

Metal detectors are notoriously unreliable, will be unevenly deployed (in such a way that will stoke political and racial tensions), and won't really curtail anything, especially since the majority of weapons incidents happen on buses, where this option won't work. It will only kill ridership. There's no feasible solution for implementing metal detectors in stations that assuages safety concerns and doesn't stymie ridership growth.

Also, source for your stat? One would think the pandemic would've actually caused a dip, but we are some months out of lockdown, so it wouldn't be that surprising.

I don't have the exact link to what @NovaBusFan is referring to in reference to crime growing during the pandemic but the ridership hasn't risen back up to pre pandemic levels to support his claim. Crime was on an uptick swing last year during lockdown on CTA with low ridership. 

20 minutes ago, YoungBusLover said:

The thing is the amount of police they had down there that night was a decent amount but like in years past they drop the ball every time they have advance notice of these events occurring from social media intel.  Notice how they keep happening in the same location year after year, the plan they had in place was the same plan they've used in years past. Coral them like cattle and force them on to trains rather than buses hoping they go home. That approach takes too long to get done and this point its time to start sending a message to these young people about zero tolerance for this kind of behavior. These events have happened year round with similar results each time. I bet if CPD started arresting and charging  bigger amounts of them they'd think twice before doing that stuff again. Enough is enough.

This also reminds me, was there a specific event going on or something? Where did the crowd come from? I noticed CPD was already on scene, they just had terrible response time and form. You and others mentioned this had happened before (insofar as there was a plan in place to push them to the train), which is why I'm asking.

3 hours ago, Sam92 said:

I don't think the CPD is getting enough qualified applicants to replace those taking early retirement. I can't blame anybody for not wanting to be a cop these days.

21 minutes ago, NewFlyerMCI said:

This also reminds me, was there a specific event going on or something? Where did the crowd come from? I noticed CPD was already on scene, they just had terrible response time and form. You and others mentioned this had happened before (insofar as there was a plan in place to push them to the train), which is why I'm asking.

I think CBS2 said word spread on social media by "influencers" organizing this as a flash mob.

1 hour ago, YoungBusLover said:

I don't have the exact link to what @NovaBusFan is referring to in reference to crime growing during the pandemic but the ridership hasn't risen back up to pre pandemic levels to support his claim. Crime was on an uptick swing last year during lockdown on CTA with low ridership. 

In this day the police have to be careful concerning racial profiling as we know they aren't as quick to break up large crowds of other races, Whites in particular.   They also need to be prepared enough to combat a crowd that surely would attack them.

55 minutes ago, artthouwill said:

In this day the police have to be careful concerning racial profiling as we know they aren't as quick to break up large crowds of other races, Whites in particular.   They also need to be prepared enough to combat a crowd that surely would attack them.

Don’t forget you can’t be black and hold your own people accountable otherwise you’re a “coon” or kissing “the man’s” @$$ 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, NewFlyerMCI said:

This was an organized flash mon that was planned on social media and CPD and city officials had advance notice of what was about to take place but once again they dropped the ball on it which lead to utter chaos.

43 minutes ago, Sam92 said:

Don’t forget you can’t be black and hold your own people accountable otherwise you’re a “coon” or kissing “the man’s” @$$ 

That's a sad reality with this generation.

2 hours ago, dann said:

I think CBS2 said word spread on social media by "influencers" organizing this as a flash mob.

You're correct, that's exactly what the catalyst was for all of this to take place.

1 minute ago, YoungBusLover said:

This was an organized flash mon that was planned on social media and CPD and city officials had advance notice of what was about to take place but once again they dropped the ball on it which lead to utter chaos.

That's a sad reality with this generation.

You're correct, that's exactly what the catalyst was for all of this to take place.

Ima suprised it took them long to respond since this happened in downtown where they actually care about & since the dumb mayor say its gone be swift action what about the swift action in the real Chicago on the south & westsides oh I forgot they dont care about that since its not the rich white people area

51 minutes ago, Shannoncvpi said:

Ima suprised it took them long to respond since this happened in downtown where they actually care about & since the dumb mayor say its gone be swift action what about the swift action in the real Chicago on the south & westsides oh I forgot they dont care about that since its not the rich white people area

The rich white people are not going to hang around too much longer with this foolishness.  You think Chicago is bad now?  If this keeps happening,  white people will let downtown Chicago be "real " like the rest of the city.   Chicago will be the new Detroit  and a bigger Gary.   It will be Chiraq, Blackistan, or whatever you want to call it.   

2 hours ago, Shannoncvpi said:

They responded quickly enough the problem is how they choose to respond in a timely matter with advance notice.