Random CTA

NewFlyerMCI

35 minutes ago, Mr.NewFlyer1051 said:

it was last out on the 17th and then spent all day thursday in the garage and boom last night happened driver suffered some typa medical emergency but thank god he’s ok

It seems these buses are retiring themselves. Hopefully they can get some novas soon.

57 minutes ago, Shannoncvpi said:

Guy was shot on 1087 last night on the 71 during a attempt robbery but he shot back at robber hitting the window of the bus but niether had a CCW I say let the victim off self defense

Screenshot_20211122-065049.png

Screenshot_20211122-065058.png

If the robber was attempting to escape and/or back was turned, it probably won't be ruled as such unfortunately. And he'll most definitely be catching a possession charge. Hope the bus driver and other passengers made it out safely.

I've noticed that CTA seems to have gone back to using major thoroughfares for the destination signs instead of being hyper specific. No more 76 or 62 "to Neva", no more 65 "to Nordica" or 74 to "Grand/Nordica". Now its "to Harlem" or "to Grand" for the 74. Pretty sure the 77 is the last one with the 77 to Octavia., and that's only because Octavia isn't the next block over from a major street (same when the 12 used to end at Monitor). This phenomenon wasn't always universally applied either, since I'm pretty sure the 73 never said "to Latrobe", although this now makes me wonder what the NB destination sign is for the 57 (is it "to Grand/Armitage"?)

6 hours ago, NewFlyerMCI said:

If the robber was attempting to escape and/or back was turned, it probably won't be ruled as such unfortunately. And he'll most definitely be catching a possession charge. Hope the bus driver and other passengers made it out safely.

Yea they did but naw the robber shop him in the chest so he aint have his back turned 

3 hours ago, NewFlyerMCI said:

I've noticed that CTA seems to have gone back to using major thoroughfares for the destination signs instead of being hyper specific. No more 76 or 62 "to Neva", no more 65 "to Nordica" or 74 to "Grand/Nordica". Now its "to Harlem" or "to Grand" for the 74. Pretty sure the 77 is the last one with the 77 to Octavia., and that's only because Octavia isn't the next block over from a major street (same when the 12 used to end at Monitor). This phenomenon wasn't always universally applied either, since I'm pretty sure the 73 never said "to Latrobe", although this now makes me wonder what the NB destination sign is for the 57 (is it "to Grand/Armitage"?)

The 73 definitely had a Latrobe sign in the 1960s on the old window shade rolls.

2 hours ago, Mr.NewFlyer1051 said:

has to be someone at SS 1007 doesn’t have a sticker inside 1022 missing right side and 1353 missing left side i wonder if 1959 still rolling around with 1059

well i need to find 1353 i got pictures of 1007 and 1022 already but i ned to see 1353 i never ever saw that bus before