Random CTA

NewFlyerMCI

1 hour ago, Shannoncvpi said:

To further prove that the bus lanes do not speed up service it was just like a week or so about it was a story that people was complaing about service & 1 bus route that popped up was the 66 they made a bus lane from kedize to Laramie but yet people still had to wait 30+ mins for a bus that dont make no dam sense & ive then heard drivers at C complain about people driving in the so called bus lane like shut up we are still slow also aloy of drivers on the 66 be taking up both lanes like stay in your lane bruh 

Even if you were correct, it's still surprising to me that you as a bus driver, would not want your own lane, speed benefits or not, where you don't have to worry about mixing in and out of traffic and could just drive and focus on picking up/dropping off passengers.

And, as @YoungBusLover said, what you described is a man power issue. No amount of fully protected, dedicated bus lane is going to account for a 30 minute headway btwn buses, you'd need an expressway, favorable traffic conditions and a host of other things to cover that gap.

1 hour ago, NewFlyerMCI said:

Even if you were correct, it's still surprising to me that you as a bus driver, would not want your own lane, speed benefits or not, where you don't have to worry about mixing in and out of traffic and could just drive and focus on picking up/dropping off passengers.

And, as @YoungBusLover said, what you described is a man power issue. No amount of fully protected, dedicated bus lane is going to account for a 30 minute headway btwn buses, you'd need an expressway, favorable traffic conditions and a host of other things to cover that gap.

The issue is theres hardly any supervisors to rescue drivers from delays the few that are there end up driving some times to cover a shortage

2 hours ago, NewFlyerMCI said:

Or even just cameras on the buses. People will learn when they get $250 tickets in the mail. I didn't realize the 66 had actual bus lanes and not queue jumps, but the ones east of Ashland were working fine when I was up there multiple days looking to catch one of the Proterras

CTA stopped doing the camera thing years ago and I'm not sure as to why, I wish they would bring something along those lines back. It's almost 2022 and they're so far behind when it comes to keeping up with evolving technology. 

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, NewFlyerMCI said:

Yea that plays a role also but I'm just saying bus lanes dont speed up service like everybody say they do I looks good on paper & I'm gonna get into a lane regardless bro 

[color="#4b0082"] Long-time members of this forum may recall that back in August 2015, I attended Seven Generations Ahead's Oak Park Micro Brew Review. I went south of the CTA | UP overpass along Marion St. and discovered a transit bus revamped to be a mobile beer pouring vehicle for Goose Island Beer. (Which was subsequently traced back to Southern California Rapid Transit District.)

On Friday, the 12th, I attended the Illinois Craft Brewers' Guild's Festival of Barrel-Aged Beers [FoBAB]. Nearly all of it was inside the U.I.C. Pavilion (I do not refer to venues by the names of sponsors until such time as I am compensed to do so.), but if you went through the proper door leading outside, you would espy this
[url=https://www.khlgy.com/do.php?img=106347][img]https://www.khlgy.com/do.php?thmb=106347[/img][/url] [url=https://www.khlgy.com/do.php?img=106348][img]https://www.khlgy.com/do.php?thmb=106348[/img][/url] Yes, it is the former CTA rapid transit train car #2347 now having been modified into a mobile beer pouring vehicle. xD [/color]

fobab2021-12.jpg

fobab2021-15.jpg

Edited by pudgym29
Forum software doesn't recognize some basic BBCodes.

https://www.masstransitmag.com/management/press-release/21246319/chicago-transit-authority-cta-cta-ridership-continues-to-steadily-grow-nearly-doubling-since-january

Good news in terms of ridership. Personally, I see it reflected, with trains being at standing capacity and the LaSalle expresses returning to artics and looking crowded.

6 hours ago, NewFlyerMCI said:

https://www.masstransitmag.com/management/press-release/21246319/chicago-transit-authority-cta-cta-ridership-continues-to-steadily-grow-nearly-doubling-since-january

Good news in terms of ridership. Personally, I see it reflected, with trains being at standing capacity and the LaSalle expresses returning to artics and looking crowded.

Yeah I've noticed an uptick in density among crowds in a lot of areas around the city. The only thing that I question is the increase in passengers due to the manpower shortage or just in general increase in ridership all around disregarding the shortage? If so CTA has a bigger problem on its plate going forward if they don't address it swiftly.

7 hours ago, NewFlyerMCI said:

Now would be a good time to rehab the 4000s while the remaining 6400s are still around, assuming there's personnel to do so.  There buses are 12 going on 13 years old with the 4300s only 4 years younger.   At some point l of them will need to be replaced. 

51 minutes ago, YoungBusLover said:

Yeah I've noticed an uptick in density among crowds in a lot of areas around the city. The only thing that I question is the increase in passengers due to the manpower shortage or just in general increase in ridership all around disregarding the shortage? If so CTA has a bigger problem on its plate going forward if they don't address it swiftly.

Maybe both. The more the restrictions lift the more people come out. 

2 hours ago, YoungBusLover said:

Manpower shortages must be the reason for the constant 30+ minute waits for Clark buses north of Foster.  This has happened multiple times in the last month, prior to that, it was a rare occurrence.

1 hour ago, strictures said:

Manpower shortages must be the reason for the constant 30+ minute waits for Clark buses north of Foster.  This has happened multiple times in the last month, prior to that, it was a rare occurrence.

Most definitely, with the winter pick right around the corner along with Holidays this will be the ultimate test for CTA to either improve or implode. 

1 hour ago, Shannoncvpi said:

Whats up with 1551 still being at C with brand new rims & all saw it pulling out of C this morning no wrap no nothing 

Is it just plain white or in CTA colors? I only ask because it was rehabbed a last year before being converted into the Covid Vaccine bus. The last time I saw it was in early October still wrapped in the covid vaccine colors.

2 hours ago, YoungBusLover said:

Is it just plain white or in CTA colors? I only ask because it was rehabbed a last year before being converted into the Covid Vaccine bus. The last time I saw it was in early October still wrapped in the covid vaccine colors.

It was in cta colors but got new tires & rims its shiny af

9 minutes ago, Shannoncvpi said:

I worked on a nova yesterday & bro is them things soft af the bus needed entire front end work now 1235 the front end was decent still got the OG the rods where 7905 needed work & its way younger then 1235

I bet the the frame on the overhang of the front of #7905 is beaten up to max. Those panels underneath are probably bent out of wack. 

1 hour ago, YoungBusLover said:

I'm erring on the side of general increase, because the trains are getting full. Buses (at least the routes I took) always had the chance of getting full, but the trains never reached standing capacity ever. It seems 

I'm erring on the side of general increase, because the trains are getting full. Buses (at least the routes I took) always had the chance of getting full, but the trains never reached standing capacity ever. It seems 

my northbound red line train reached standing room only by the time we reached monroe yesterday’s pm rush hour

I get that but what I'm saying is the increase in volume a fluke due to manpower or is it actual increase?