Random CTA

NewFlyerMCI

3 hours ago, Javi78 said:

Things all fun and games until the train gets to station that happens to have police then now it’s a police confrontation, then the smokers going to play the police brutality card.

Despite how annoying these actions are, there's also no question that police respond overzealously and without care for something that could be a simple matter. There's a way to confront and fine/arrest that doesn't lead to the type of escalation that police across America are prone to engage in. And while the argument that they shouldn't have been smoking in the first place has merit, police also need to do better at not being the cause for these situations to go out of control. And yes, they aren't always at fault for that, and should respond accordingly in those scenarios.

I'm also loathe to encourage this type of rhetoric, because this energy will almost never be had for white vapers on the brown line vs weed smokers on the red line.

11 hours ago, NewFlyerMCI said:

Yeah, idk what UChicago's shuttle was doing beforehand, but I'd be surprised if they got away with removing the Roosevelt stop now, especially with how little ridership has recovered on Metra. The only thing about Indiana/Michigan are lights, otherwise, the NB segment on Indiana from 55th to 31st is the fastest portion of the route.

I was the one who mentioned the alighting at Roosevelt, and yes, half the passengers got off (the bus was jammed and at standing capacity). As @artthouwill pointed out, Roosevelt is basically a spread out transit center, and offers 1-seat rides by bus or train to other parts of the city, some pretty far out. Now someone on the 1, 3, 4 or 29 probably isn't taking the 192, but 12, 18, 62, 146, Orange, Green & Red?

UChicago has actually reintroduced shuttle service to Garfield Green (not sure about Red), but I imagine people coming to UChicago are actually probably still going (and are) to take the 192 if the shuttle doesn't take them slightly closer to where they need to go. Especially if they have a UPass

Michigan Ave Chicago Indiana also offers synchronized signals, which makes travel along those streets faster.   It is the primary alternate to the Dan Ryan and is usually a good choice for Skyway users.  It was THE route for Skyway users until the city tore down the Michigan/Indiana ramps to the Skyway.   Now people using Michigan have to go over to State St to access the Skyway at 66th.

Minneapolis has a similar setup with Park Ave (NB) and Portland Ave  (SB) being the primary alternate for I -35W from Downtown Minneapolis    u think Park/Portland cuts off around 46th St in part due to MSP airport. 

Michigan/Indiana Lights wee synchronized when rhe Dan Ryan underwear construction to rebuild and expand the expressway 

13 hours ago, NewFlyerMCI said:

Despite how annoying these actions are, there's also no question that police respond overzealously and without care for something that could be a simple matter. There's a way to confront and fine/arrest that doesn't lead to the type of escalation that police across America are prone to engage in. And while the argument that they shouldn't have been smoking in the first place has merit, police also need to do better at not being the cause for these situations to go out of control. And yes, they aren't always at fault for that, and should respond accordingly in those scenarios.

I'm also loathe to encourage this type of rhetoric, because this energy will almost never be had for white vapers on the brown line vs weed smokers on the red line.

I see what you’re saying, the police do need to respond in a productive way that doesn’t escalate the situation, enforce the law without abusing power. As always when someone smokes in my train car, I move to another train car when the train gets to the next stop. I don’t see smoking that much on a bus but if there were to be a situation with smoking on a bus, I’ll get off and wait for the next bus. 

It is so windy today. The red line train was inching into the platform and I was wondering why until it got to me, and I wish I was exaggerating but I almost got blown away! I’m ~250lbs and I was knocked off balance and almost fell down.

The 75 driver had audibly hit the curb with his bumper three times on the way to the red line, I thought something was up and I’m thinking it may have been the wind ?

10 minutes ago, NewFlyerMCI said:

It is so windy today. The red line train was inching into the platform and I was wondering why until it got to me, and I wish I was exaggerating but I almost got blown away! I’m ~250lbs and I was knocked off balance and almost fell down.

The 75 driver had audibly hit the curb with his bumper three times on the way to the red line, I thought something was up and I’m thinking it may have been the wind ?

Maaaan I thought I was gonna be able to go downtown and get a few doordash in but I’m not bikin in that 

31 minutes ago, NewFlyerMCI said:

Welcome to the Windy City!

37 minutes ago, Sam92 said:

Maaaan I thought I was gonna be able to go downtown and get a few doordash in but I’m not bikin in that 

Nope, not that close to the lake. Ordinarily, I’d have taken Divvy to Garfield Green or the ME, decided against it

15 minutes ago, artthouwill said:

All my years here and today the city might’ve really lived up to the name ?

29 minutes ago, NewFlyerMCI said:

Nope, not that close to the lake. Ordinarily, I’d have taken Divvy to Garfield Green or the ME, decided against it

46 minutes ago, artthouwill said:

Somebody pissed off the landlady from king fu hustle 

• Haha 1

31 minutes ago, NewFlyerMCI said:

I usually just bike it to navy pier from Jeffery 

48 minutes ago, Erin Mishkin Jr. said:

Here in oak park it’s still so windy. My umbrella kept getting in the wrong t direction and obviously I would’ve taken the train if I could but I can’t. Let’s hope it’s not windy at 3 when I take the bus later on 

Anyone waiting at Roosevelt elevated or or Cermak-Chinatown has to be suffering rn, those places are wind tunnels on days when it’s not nearly this bad

1 hour ago, NewFlyerMCI said:

~14 months later and that strip removed pavement on LSD NB right before Waldron Dr is still there ?

At the very least, bus drivers seem to be aware of it now, since at least I’ve had at least two slow down so they aren’t driving into it as hard

Imma be honest bro half of em dont care it aint their bus 

2 hours ago, NewFlyerMCI said:

~14 months later and that strip removed pavement on LSD NB right before Waldron Dr is still there ?

At the very least, bus drivers seem to be aware of it now, since at least I’ve had at least two slow down so they aren’t driving into it as hard

Is this what you're referring to? If so, then I can tell you that I hate going over it especially with the 7900s.

dip.png

2 hours ago, NewFlyerMCI said:

47 minutes ago, Shannoncvpi said:

My friend at 103rd said it’s a matter of having to or @**holes do some wild crap and jump around in front of you 

1 hour ago, Shannoncvpi said:

I'm sure it's not comfortable for the driver hitting that bump.  I'm sure no driver wants to be stuck with a bus with bad shocks because they hit the bump too hard.  But it is crazy that the city has done nothing about it and it has been at least 3 -4 YEARS THAT probably has existed. 

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, NewFlyerMCI said:

Yeah lots of Bus operators are aware of it in some cases. 

43 minutes ago, artthouwill said:

I'm sure it's not comfortable for the driver hitting that bump.  I'm sure no driver wants to be stuck with a bus with bad shocks because they hit the bump too hard.  But it is crazy that the city has done nothing about it and it has been at least 3 -4 YEARS THAT probably has existed. 

Yea thats true but the seats you dont feel it that much on some buses

This is actually the first time I’ve gotten a solid look at, and I guess it’s not removed pavement, more like displaced, but that’s it right there

The worst is in the far left lane.   But you can still feel it across the next two lanes.  I haven't seen it on the SB side, though I mostly enter SB LSD from Columbus.

This is actually the first time I’ve gotten a solid look at, and I guess it’s not removed pavement, more like displaced, but that’s it right there

Yeah the city should really grind that part up on the far left lane and smooth it out for better a transition off that bridge behind it.